Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

I meant to say the Wembley 2000 versions for the four songs I mentioned btw.

Supersonic especially: I prefer the quicker pace to it and the riff at the end is different gravy.

See in that Supersonic version? It's the only one I can think of where Noel does that thing like he does in studio version, where he slowly drags his hand down the guitar to make that tinkering sound. You know what I mean? I wish he did that in more performances, sounds incredible.

Maybe it was gem who does it. Anyway, point still stands!

Edited by jamamafegan

Re: tracks ending up b-sides/not on albums, it was always entirely deliberate. Noel's philosophy on B-sides is that it's not an excuse to be lazy. He would never put shite on just to fill a quota. It also probably helps to move singles as well as albums but I'm sure he never considered that as a motivator. Oh, no.

See in that Supersonic version? It's the only one I can think of where Noel does that thing like he does in studio version, where he slowly drags his hand down the guitar to make that tinkering sound. You know what I mean? I wish he did that in more performances, sounds incredible.

Maybe it was gem who does it. Anyway, point still stands!

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

Re: tracks ending up b-sides/not on albums, it was always entirely deliberate. Noel's philosophy on B-sides is that it's not an excuse to be lazy. He would never put shite on just to fill a quota. It also probably helps to move singles as well as albums but I'm sure he never considered that as a motivator. Oh, no.

Makes sense I guess.

I'm really torn. I want to hear it before the gigs so I know what I'm listening to. I also want that excitement of peeling off cellophane, pushing a shiny new disc into the CD player and hearing it fresh.

What do I do? And where can I find it?

I'd still buy it anyway, I'd have to for the sake of completeness - it wouldn't feel right not having a physical copy on the shelf. I just don't know if I should wait for that or get hold of a copy beforehand.

I wouldn't have a clue where to start but it can't be that difficult to find out. My 4r year old laptop is a heap of shit though!

I'll definitely be buying the disc but I'm desperate to hear the album.

I think I might wait. Get cd, stick it into the laptop and listen from start to finish undisturbed.

One question domdom, does "lock all the doors" sound like the oasis demo and is it a cracking tune?

'The Right Stuff' is fantastic and really the song/style I wish Oasis had gone in.

'The Riverman' is great, 'Dying of the Light', too.

Not a bad song on the album but given that Noel can only seem to write one shit song for every 100 he does then it's no surprise.

It's alright. Ballad Of The Mighty I is still my favourite by a long way but there's a couple of other stand outs on there (The Mexican and Lock All The Doors) and I reckon the rest will be growers, rather than instant loves. Should be a good gig although I can still see a good mix of Oasis in there. I can't imagine Noel would ever do a gig without some massive crowd pleasers. He's not daft.

It sounds fantastic. I spent all of last night listening to Riverman on repeat and today I've got You Know We Can't Go Back on repeat, so catchy. Very good album and showcases how one-dimensional Beady Eye were in comparison.