Ched Evans

philpy

It just makes no sense for Sheffield Utd to take him back.

Not played in nearly 3 years

Sponsors running for the hills

Terrible PR

Team morale could be affected.

Nigel Clough doesn't seem to keen too but board could overrule him.

A part of me isn't sure Ched Evans is even guilty but his conduct especially since release shows that regardless, he's a **** of a person.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate that this is a Very Serious Discussion, and emotions are running high, but

Shiting yourself in fear when looking at a post on P&B. :lol:

It certainly appear that way. From his post his attitude towards women looks absolutely horrendous, maybe he isn't used to people pointing out how much of a backwards cretin he is.

He doesn't seem to be enjoying it very much - excellent. Good for bullies to get a taste of their own medicine.

It's not my fault you came into a thread completely uninformed and dived in repeatedly with ridiculous points.

Lets this serve as a lesson, I won't be so accommodating in future to such wanton sloth and ignorance.

Clearly, you've totally shat responding.

You're still not as cowardly as williemillersmoustache yet.

My points were so ridiculous yet you never even countered one of them.. This is coming from the same guy who was trying to compare Ched Evans to Ian Watkins

What would happen if you were "less accomodating" towards me anyway? :D

It certainly appear that way. From his post his attitude towards women looks absolutely horrendous, maybe he isn't used to people pointing out how much of a backwards cretin he is.

He doesn't seem to be enjoying it very much - excellent. Good for bullies to get a taste of their own medicine.

The absolute shambles of a post you keep referring me to is littered with insults and outrageous claims and yet you accuse me of bullying?

Despite myself and in an effort to be completely fair to you, I have re-read it again and am yet to discern a point other than you think he shouldn't. Is that it? Bugger me you could have saved us all a lot of bother by just posting those 4 words. Minus the childish and frankly slightly disturbing perma-rage.

What you are ably demonstrating is the tyranny of the vocal but ignorant. We've heard your view(s) (pretty sure there is only one), they've (it's) been considered, and any objection anyone makes results in a stream of invective, which you don't seem to enjoy getting back, diddums. What a complete arsehole you are.

It just shows how decisions like this cannot be made by the media, mob-rule and people with undue prominence (like the seemingly very nice, but mixed up chick you keep mentioning). I was stung by a wasp the other day doesn't make me a fucking wasp expert does it?

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread thank you for asking, although I did very nearly shit myself because I was laughing so, so very hard at you and your pathetic, cheap and ill-considered pseudo-morality.

If I sponsored Sheffield United, I would be telling them now that my sponsorship would disappear as soon as this guy was back on the books. I have no doubt that this will happen, and it is the thing that'll get United to concentrate on whether the guy is worth "rehabilitating" under their wing.

Unless he comes out and says that he did rape the girl, then we'll never really know if he is guilty or not. However, he was found guilty in a court of law and that's as good as we're going to get.

The treatment of the girl by his friends and family says to me that I wouldn't want her to suffer any more than she has. Get him tae feck and he can get a job without such a high profile.

As regards "he's done his time", rape isn't the same as dipping the till or even taking drugs.

As regards "he's done his time", rape isn't the same as dipping the till or even taking drugs.

How about dealing drugs? How about stealing from an elderly shop keeper or a small enterprise that then forces them out of business through fear or loss of revenue?

If we want to stop any sex offenders / serious offenders or any clearly defined set of criminals being professional footballers, that's fine. I may even be in support of this. But it has to be consistent and it has to be applied evenly.

Not on a case by case basis dependent on the media coverage or lack of it and not just while Supras is having his period :)

I appreciate that this is a Very Serious Discussion, and emotions are running high, but

Shiting yourself in fear when looking at a post on P&B. :lol:

It's supras, he's dug himself into a hole and he's still digging.

His pish attempts at intellectual bravado are sources of much merriment.

Meltdown of the year coming up.

That's starting to sound as if you're blaming the girl for being raped.

Careful now

nope and you know that

im more concerned that a poster feels that he should never ever work again, i assume he thinks the same of all jailed convicts, even worse though is you comparing a paedophile in a classroom full of vunerable children to a guy potentially being in the company of woman for maybe less than 20 minutes in total, and the woman will likely be completely sober and in full control of themselves and able to protect themselves

the situations are totally different and i think you knew that

so what should happen to him then?

in your opinion what should we do with convicted criminals that have served the time they were told to in jail and are now released, should they not be allowed to work ever again and instead the government should simply keep them (or basically the taxpayers)

How about dealing drugs? How about stealing from an elderly shop keeper or a small enterprise that then forces them out of business through fear or loss of revenue?

If we want to stop any sex offenders / serious offenders or any clearly defined set of criminals being professional footballers, that's fine. I may even be in support of this. But it has to be consistent and it has to be applied evenly.

Not on a case by case basis dependent on the media coverage or lack of it and not just while Supras is having his period :)

Anything that causes actual bodily harm. That's a fairly clear definition. I can cope with someone stealing from me, but I'm not built to get the living daylights battered out of me. It takes a bad sort to do that.

so what should happen to him then?

in your opinion what should we do with convicted criminals that have served the time they were told to in jail and are now released, should they not be allowed to work ever again and instead the government should simply keep them (or basically the taxpayers)

See if he's raped someone, it wouldn't worry me if he never worked again. I wouldn't hire Evans to work here and I wouldn't want any of my female relatives to work with him. How about you?

If he had diddled someone out of a few bob, I wouldn't be too unhappy about him playing again.

As I've said, what he is supposed to have done is not the same sort of crime as dealing drugs, stealing or cheating the benefits system. All crimes are not equal. Violence, sexual or otherwise, isn't the same as dishonesty.

If Evans had worked in the souvenir shop at Bramall Lane and raped someone, do you honestly think that they'd have him back? He's (potentially) back because he's a good footballer, not through any thoughts that he's done his time and is a reformed character, and guys deserve a second chance.

See if he's raped someone, it wouldn't worry me if he never worked again. I wouldn't hire Evans to work here and I wouldn't want any of my female relatives to work with him. How about you?

If he had diddled someone out of a few bob, I wouldn't be too unhappy about him playing again.

As I've said, what he is supposed to have done is not the same sort of crime as dealing drugs, stealing or cheating the benefits system. All crimes are not equal. Violence, sexual or otherwise, isn't the same as dishonesty.

If Evans worked in the souvenir shop at Bramall Lane, do you honestly think that they'd have him back? He's (potentially) back because he's a good footballer, not through any thoughts that he's done his time and is a reformed character, and guys deserve a second chance.

so you'd hire a convicted drug dealer?

and you ddint answer my question, for people like him should they just never be allowed to work again and us taxpayers have to fund them until they die?

what about luke mccormick and lee hughes, would you hire them?

If violence was the red line as a significant crime then Steven Gerrard wouldn't have got a game after setting about an innocent bystander. You're simply all over the place here.

At the end of the day "cos... rape" isn't actually a logical basis to object to a perfectly straightforward rehabilitation process, open to the vast majority of offenders - including the vast majority of violent and criminal offenders, as well as rapists.

Of course, individuals are free to withdraw their custom as they wish: there's absolutely no need for any further action. Given Webster's (metaphorical) shoeing at the hands of Portillo on this issue, I'm surprised she's still scrambling around for relevance tbh.

If Evans had worked in the souvenir shop at Bramall Lane and raped someone, do you honestly think that they'd have him back? He's (potentially) back because he's a good footballer, not through any thoughts that he's done his time and is a reformed character, and guys deserve a second chance.

also, if evans worked in the club shop and raped someone, would you even know he had done his time and was released from jail, not a chance, he'd slip quietly back into working life eventually, probably in a different area where people havent a fucking clue who he is

Anything that causes actual bodily harm. That's a fairly clear definition. I can cope with someone stealing from me, but I'm not built to get the living daylights battered out of me. It takes a bad sort to do that.

So murderers should not be allowed back into much if anything? Redemption is impossible!

Is it?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2000/nov/09/tvandradio.television

Supras and Hampden diehard would have joined the redtops in their hounding of him.

Archived