• Last Reply

Dire Straits - Twistin By The Pool

Jessica Simpson covering Against All Odds

Pet Shop Boys covering Where The Streets Have No Name

East 17 covering West End Girls

Too Shy by Kajagoogoo

...actually Kajagoogoo should never have happened

First thing that sprang into my mind was Made In England by Elton John

A horrendous song. The video is worse than the song. Popup video did a bit on it, outlining the fact that all the UK flags in the video were NOT THE ENGLAND FLAG!!

The guy has done some superb stuff, but that was just shyte.

I remember when that abortion of a song was out. They had shelled out on adverts along loads of the LRT buses in Edinburgh: 'Made in England- Sounds great in Scotland too!'. FAIL.

Although I love The Smiths the majority of Morrisseys solo stuff has been fucking terrible, and along with mop haired Reg, he's another one who has a myopic view on England/Britain and can't decide the right country in the correct context.

This whole bedroom DJ/MC thing just doesn't work for me. Grime and all that might be a good and authentic commentary in black Brixton culture or whatever. But a wee tink at the back of the top deck of a bus up here doing the accent with his pals and blaring this shite out hopeless mobile phone speaker(s) makes me feel sad.

Oh, and I second anything Cowell is involved in.

Glam Rock

Really cant stress enough how shite i think this music category is, Steel Panther, Motley Crue etc.... its all really fucking terrible, i really hate the whole california lifestyle (sex, drugs, cars, mention the phrase "Rock'n'Roll" as much as possible) lyrical themes that seems to infest the majority of these bands.

Steel Panther are the most obvious satirical band since Spinal Tap, so yeah you clearly know your stuff.

Oh and you wouldn't like a lifestyle that involves sex, drugs, cars and rock n roll? Wow you sound like a fun guy.

Although I love The Smiths the majority of Morrisseys solo stuff has been fucking terrible, and along with mop haired Reg, he's another one who has a myopic view on England/Britain and can't decide the right country in the correct context.

I've noticed that about him too. For the most part I believe he just thinks of the Island as English like most other English people.

Being in America I have become hyper sensitive to it and had countless arguments even proving my nationality is British. I actually understand why the world thinks England and Britain are one and the same. The English have advertised themselves as kings of the Island for centuries. Even Elton John does it. Popular culture, especially entertainment, is a powerful suggester.

80's were fantastic. New Order are one of the most over-rated bands of the era though.

Blue Monday is a masterpiece. They had maybe 3 more really good songs and the rest was total guff.

If you consider some of the stuff Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys etc did in that genre, they were piss poor.

Absolute fcking crap. New Order one of the best bands of the 80s.

Absolute fcking crap. New Order one of the best bands of the 80s.

hmmmm....after checking thier 80's output I would have to give you that.

Forgot about Thieves Like Us and a couple of other gems.

Technique an excellent album too

Hmmmm. Haven't listened for ages. From my memory their albums were mostly filler with the "big" singles spread in between.

Will give them a listen now on spotify and see if I was a tad harsh...

Hmmmm. Haven't listened for ages. From my memory their albums were mostly filler with the "big" singles spread in between.

Will give them a listen now on spotify and see if I was a tad harsh...

Only poor track on Technique was fine time...vanishing point, run, mr disco excellent

On the subject of New Order, I thought that Power, Corruption and Lies was a super album.

And as a fan of One Direction I have to ask... what the f**k were they hoping to achieve with that?

I wouldn't really class this as "Glam Rock" though. I associate acts like Roxy Music, Bowie, T Rex etc with that genre.

Also Motley Crue might act like total c***s but they have some brilliant tunes.

Acts such as Poison, Motley Crue I would class as Hairspray Rock/Cock Rock. Glam is the likes of T-Rex

Archived