The LOLverpool Thread

I just really despise diving, its been slowly ruining the game for many years, and very little is done to stamp it out. So frustrating.

Ruining the game? Precisely how?

Also diving is infinitely better to bad challenges. Nobody is hurt by a dive, plenty of people are hurt by two footed tackles. Yet the latter is bizarrely seen by many to not be better.

It's a shame they have to wait so long each time he lets them down.

October 15th 2011 Racially abuses Patrice Evra

December 20th 2011 - Found Guilty of racial abuse

Ruling stated: "Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);

The insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2)."

Manager and club defend him to the hilt even wearing supportiveT-shirts prepared to take his word over Evra's

Feb 11 2012 Lies to his manager and club that he would shake Evra's hand and close the incident but refuses Evra's offered handshake in the return match

Manager again tries to ignore it ....didn't see it

Proof on TV pictures

Apology

7 October 2012 Suarez deliberately dives against Stoke trying to win a penalty October 2012

8 October 2012 Manager defends him claiming he hs been the subject of unjust "vilification"

16 January 2013 Suarez admits to Stoke dive on Fox Sports Argentina

17 January 2013 Manager Apologises

He's their player so fair enough, defend him on his word.....But he clearly is not an honest man so how many times are they going to

"take his word" and defend him before being made a fool of when evidence surfaces of his guilt.

I think its clear that Suarez is holding on the power in this relationship.

Ruining the game? Precisely how?

Also diving is infinitely better to bad challenges. Nobody is hurt by a dive, plenty of people are hurt by two footed tackles. Yet the latter is bizarrely seen by many to not be better.

I don't really think that either of these should be viewed as "better" to be honest. Bad challenges if mis-timed are unintentional. Bad challenges where you set out to hurt another player are out of order. Diving is out of order.

I don't really think it should be one or the other.

brendan rogers just looks completely out of his depth, his transfer targets are mediocre he's not a great manager. I don't know why he's getting such a easy time it seems like the guy will keep banging the same drum about it being a journey and building a legacy whenever theres a defeat. Liverpool have made a mountain out of a molehill.

brendan rogers just looks completely out of his depth, his transfer targets are mediocre he's not a great manager. I don't know why he's getting such a easy time it seems like the guy will keep banging the same drum about it being a journey and building a legacy whenever theres a defeat. Liverpool have made a mountain out of a molehill.

You come across as being more worried about Liverpool than concerned.

If Liverpool beat Norwich at home tomorrow they are joint 6th with Arsenal and play them in a fortnight.

That is definitely progress on the last 3 seasons.

Edited by Gaz FFC

fantastic result, liverpool clearly have the ability to thump teams, they just need to continue it in every game instead of 1 out of every 3 games

Certainly. They're halfway around the corner. Once they learn how to complete 90 degree turns then they'll be around that corner 100%

On the train back - what a very good performance. Brad Jones could have done with a bovril in the second to warm him up. Lovely goal from Henderson who was good again, great dummy from Sturridge for the 2nd and some hit from the captain for the 4th.

Were good all over the park - Carragher didn't put a foot wrong in a rare start in the league, Sturridge looks the part and Gerrard was excellent - things are looking up! :-)

Do seem to be Norwich's bogey side but that's them, Fulham and Sunderland all splattered in the last 3 home games. Arsenal and City away up next in the league. Big tests and although competing well against the top sides Rodgers has still to get a big result.

Watched MOTD there and Liverpool are looking tasty again.

That's 3 times in a row isn't it we've put 5 past Norwich, pretty sure it was 5-1 last season when Suarez scored from half way line?

Anyway It's good to see Sturridge score again and what a cross from Downing to assist.

Also the link up play from Sturridge and Suarez is getting better every week, to think in actual minutes on the park they've had so little they will get better.

I need another Liverpool trip myself and am eyeballing the Wigan away Saturday evening game in March. Hope Liverpool end there Hoodoo at that ground

You or yesterday's 5-0 win won't change my opinion that Kenny Dalglish should have been given longer. Don't get me wrong the owners decided on a young 'up and coming manager' and he's got mine and the majority of others backing from the stands.

Looking at yesterday's side - what Dalglish would have given for a fully fit Lucas and Gerrard in the middle of the park. His much maligned signings Downing and Henderson finally starting to look the part. Enrique's injured but he's been excellent.

Rodgers has added Sturridge, Borini, Allen, Assaidi and Sahin has come and gone. Promoted Sterling and Wisdom to the first team both of whom he inherited. We'll never know who Dalglish would have added, but he'd have held onto Carroll and possibly Charlie Adam.

7th in the table without a win against any side in the top half of the table Dalglish would have had them higher up for me. Long term will Rodgers take the club further...time will tell and let's hope so eh? ;-)

7th in the table without a win against any side in the top half of the table Dalglish would have had them higher up for me.

:lol:

I'll crack the jokes. Well, actually i won't. But someone who isn't either of us will.

Liverpool will finish this season higher than Mumbleclown did last season. As I said in the summer.

Edited by H_B