The LOLverpool Thread

Kenny shouldn't have needed to be sacked. He should have walked away with his head held high. He came in and helped the new owners out after it became obvious to them the fans were never going to take Hto Hodgson. He should have done the honourable thing at the end of that season.

I don't blame Kenny though, he thought he was doing the best for the club, but he was so far out of touch with modern football it was scary to watch at times.

The thing is though, Henderson and Downing have stood out at times this season.

Maybe but those first few months were great. He brought Steve Clark and Kevin Keen in alongside him and it looked promising.

Can't deny though that 12 years under Houllier and Benitez and all the progress made it didn't feel 100% right going back.

and keeping Andy Carroll

That's reason enough to be glad Dalglish isn't there.

Still, you might have got more comedy Sebastien Coates sightings. Amongst all of Dalglish's dreadful transfer dealings, he might actually stand out as the worst.

ashley really did make some horrendous cock ups when he first took charge, funnily rnough when he stopped listening to the fans newcastle have fared better lol

Giving Alan Pardew an 8 (eight!) year deal could yet prove to be Ashley's biggest folly.

I'd completely forgotten Alan Shearer's "reign". Good times.

The Newcastle fans were furious that he wasn't kept on for the Championship too, it's great to see how stupid fans are when it comes to a club legend taking over as manager and being horrendous.

Terry for Chelsea and Gerrard for Liverpool please.

Spectacular failure??? You really are the king of talking nonesense. Stop reading tabloid headlines and step back into reality. 6th position with the squad he has would be an significant achievement. Allen was outstanding earlier in the season but his form has dipped(he is 22). borrini has been injured most of the season and the loan signing of Sahin didnt work out. What about rodgers giving chances to young Sterling and Shelvey, who have now been picked for England, or the progress of young Wisdom, Henderson and the good form of Downing. The signing of Sturridge and form and improved temperment of suarez to name a few significant improvements. The style of play has also changed which takes time. Yes there has been setbacks along the way, but spectacular failure is a laughable statement. Rome wasnt built in a day, just ask Alex ferguson.

Im not sure I would be using playing Shelvey as an example of good management. Awful, awful player

That's reason enough to be glad Dalglish isn't there.

Still, you might have got more comedy Sebastien Coates sightings. Amongst all of Dalglish's dreadful transfer dealings, he might actually stand out as the worst.

I'd have taken a partnership of Carroll and Suarez for the first half of the season no bother. Big Seb looked like one for the future under Dalglish, had a shocker coming in from the cold at Oldham and barely had a look in under Rodgers.

Coates worse than Carroll, Downing and Henderson :lol::lol::lol:

He was a young defender coming off a terrific Copa America who didn't cost that much. He could be Ali Dia and it would still be better than spunking £35 million on Carroll.

Although of course, and we all know, that Comolli arranged the fees.

He was a young defender coming off a terrific Copa America who didn't cost that much. He could be Ali Dia and it would still be better than spunking £35 million on Carroll.

Although of course, and we all know, that Comolli arranged the fees.

Andy Carroll is unquestionably the worst signing Liverpool made during that period, I don't even think that's up for debate. I'd definitely put Coates down as a worse signing at the moment than either Henderson or Downing though, both of whom have played well in the last 2-3 months.

As you say, £7 million is a good deal less than the £20 million spent on Downing or £16 million spent on Henderson, and he is still only 22 and likely continuing to adapt to a totally new culture and style of football, but whereas those two have started repaying some of the faith shown in them and money spent, Coates has not.

Andy Carroll is unquestionably the worst signing Liverpool made during that period, I don't even think that's up for debate. I'd definitely put Coates down as a worse signing at the moment than either Henderson or Downing though, both of whom have played well in the last 2-3 months.

As you say, £7 million is a good deal less than the £20 million spent on Downing or £16 million spent on Henderson, and he is still only 22 and likely continuing to adapt to a totally new culture and style of football, but whereas those two have started repaying some of the faith shown in them and money spent, Coates has not.

It is a double edged sword with Coates. On one hand, he needs game to adapt. On the other, how is he doing to get them? He gets brought in for a cup game and doesn't play well so will probably be banished for a while.

At least the latter three are good enough to play in the PL from time to time. Coates is absolute pish and can't get near the side.

The new Rafael Scheidt. He'll disappear off to obscurity. Made rich by the Dalglish/Comoli comedy double act.

• 2 weeks later...

It was pretty standard Suarez really, great wee player to watch but has the finishing skills of Ade Akinbiyi.

Haha

Great comparison mate

i feel bad for rodgers tbh, liverpool pumped west brom all first half only to go behind to a screamer, then the liverpool issue of making a c**t of it at the back came into play laugh.gif

2 new centre halves and an actual goalscoring forward will do him fine

laugh.gif Classic

laugh.gif

:oops

:):lol::thumsup2:P:D:king:rolleyes::cheers:babe2:chef:ass:cowboy:pepsi:guinness

Suarez's (how the f**k does that apostrophe go btw????) finishing has really come on this season. It really was letting him down before this season and you can't deny that.

At least the latter three are good enough to play in the PL from time to time. Coates is absolute pish and can't get near the side.

The new Rafael Scheidt. He'll disappear off to obscurity. Made rich by the Dalglish/Comoli comedy double act.

Yeah, I'm sure Rafael Sheidt won best young player at Copa America :lol:

The worst buys were three English internationals, as much as that hurts you.

Coutinho looks a good player, disappointing. Probably helps that he will be under less pressure at Liverpool than he was at Inter.

mattydfc, on 03 Mar 2013 - 10:03, said:

Suarez's (how the f**k does that apostrophe go btw????) finishing has really come on this season. It really was letting him down before this season and you can't deny that.

Aye it was at times to be fair but the stick he got was ridiculous. Suppose as we saw away in Zenit he can still have his off days in front of goal but the lad is dynamite.

Supras, on 03 Mar 2013 - 10:22, said:

Coutinho looks a good player, disappointing. Probably helps that he will be under less pressure at Liverpool than he was at Inter.

If this kid builds on a very promising start in what can be a hard league to find your feet in he could be a real player.

53_and_counting, on 03 Mar 2013 - 11:16, said:

Rab why did you include that post of mine, hasnt liverpools revival came about because of carragher getting a game and sturridge taking some pressure off suarez :D

;) Maybe a wee bit.

Edited by Rab B Nesbit