The LOLverpool Thread

I'll help you out, they're utter shite. Phil Bardsleys had better stats than them for roughly every season they've spent in England. Are you suggesting Phil Bardsley is the best defender in the league outwith Kompany (who by the way, Vidic shites on from a gargantuan height).

:lol: brilliant, the liverpool defence get away with it because reina is actually a brilliant keeper, and that the strikers are so fucking terrible in front of goal, it takes the bad press away from the backline

Okay, so let's review. On Andy Murray...

He's a bit of a national treasure curently, I'd probably agree in the past he didn't have the same unconditional love as lovable loser Tim Henman.

There were still newspaper articles imploring people not to support him because he is Scottish. Not to mention the Sun stitch up a few years ago.

Where do either of these articles "implore"the reader to NOT suport Murray? This is different to comenting upon his mixed receptions in the past.

And we get a four year old Daily Mirror article and that well known newspaper the Sabotage Times :lol:

But again, it's common knowledge how Murray is treated, you are just deliberately drawing it out.

Well, no. I'm not drawing anything out, if you look at the part I bolded, I acknowledge that he was not a golden boy his entire career. His wimbeldon final, and then his gold medal have turned that around though.

Also, Andy Murray could be the poshest Scottish person ever but that still ranks lower than a Scouser for the anti Scottish in the South of England.

That's not based on anything other than your imagination though is it?

Edited by banterman86

What's all the bigging up of Adam in this thread for? Got exposed as an average PL player at Liverpool last season IMO.

Yes, he's a better than average ball playing midfielder, but he's nowhere near good enough for Liverpool, if they have aspirations to compete at the top end of the league.

It's no surprise Rodgers has taken a look at him and said "thanks for the inheritance mumbleclown".

Liverpool are a hilarious non-entity, they take living on past glories to the extreme.

They are miles and miles behind the top 4 and I'd put them some distance behind Spurs and Newcastle as well. They have no right to think they are guaranteed even a top half finish.

This

brendan rodgers is overrated. I don't know why he gets credit for swanseas passing game that was martinez he just came in and continued it. the signings he's made show that he's got a small time mentality, Joe Allen is never worth that amount of money and is nowhere near good enough. there are or were signings available that would of actually strengthened them last year or the year before for lesser amounts of money. Sacking Benitez was the stupidest thing Liverpool ever did.

brendan rodgers is overrated. I don't know why he gets credit for swanseas passing game that was martinez he just came in and continued it. the signings he's made show that he's got a small time mentality, Joe Allen is never worth that amount of money and is nowhere near good enough. there are or were signings available that would of actually strengthened them last year or the year before for lesser amounts of money. Sacking Benitez was the stupidest thing Liverpool ever did.

Sacking Benitez was definitely the right call at the time but they haven't had a good replacement since. You can see why Dalglish got it as he had a terrific spell as caretaker but Hodgson and Rodgers are just poor decisions by the Liverpool board.

Sacking Benitez was definitely the right call at the time but they haven't had a good replacement since. You can see why Dalglish got it as he had a terrific spell as caretaker but Hodgson and Rodgers are just poor decisions by the Liverpool board.

Did your knee fire over your shoulder with that jerk?

I love seeing Liverpool in disarray and losing as much, if not more so, than the next person, but I think it's perhaps a little early to be calling Rodgers a poor appointment after one competitive game.

I love seeing Liverpool in disarray and losing as much, if not more so, than the next person, but I think it's perhaps a little early to be calling Rodgers a poor appointment after one competitive game.

Still that w&nkstain SG says going to take their anger out on us on Thursday...patronising scouse cnut

I would say Everton have a much better team and manager than Liverpool this year,i think LFC will struggle big time this season, possibly even agains Heartsph34r.gifph34r.gif

Steady.

I know it's a big if, but if Suarez wasn't so horrific a finisher , they would have scored 2 or 3 at the weekend.

I think Rodgers will get it right with Liverpool. "Get it right" is a 5th place finish though.

Yes, he's a better than average ball playing midfielder, but he's nowhere near good enough for Liverpool, if they have aspirations to compete at the top end of the league.

It's no surprise Rodgers has taken a look at him and said "thanks for the inheritance mumbleclown".

Charlie Adam is good enough for a mid to lower-upper side in the EPL, in essence he found his level last season at Liverpool. Given their aspirations ate far higher than that, even now, it's not surprising he's on the way out. That said, if Johnjo Shelvey gets picked ahead of him, Charlie Adam has ever right to be furious.

It's not a knee jerk reaction - it's not a reaction at all. I said it was a poor decision as soon as they made it.

Charlie Adam is good enough for a mid to lower-upper side in the EPL, in essence he found his level last season at Liverpool. Given their aspirations ate far higher than that, even now, it's not surprising he's on the way out. That said, if Johnjo Shelvey gets picked ahead of him, Charlie Adam has ever right to be furious.

Yeah, except Liverpool fans think Henderson and Carroll were better purchases because they are young.

They are incredibly thick.

Definitely. He's the sort of player who should be aspiring for a mid-table club at best, which was what Liverpool were when you look at it last season. Overrated by some here though.

Disagree with those who are saying Rodgers was a bad appointment. I think he's a good manager and he'll improve them greatly if he's given plenty of time. Even if his style with Swansea was overrated, it still took a play-off level Championship side to near mid-table in the PL.