Changing your football team?

6 hours ago, Austinho said:

He’s entirely correct. Hibernian are the 2nd greatest side this country has ever produced, Hearts meanwhile are lower league diddies. What’s puerile or sexist about that?

Nope. It’s the word “seeing” that betrays him. Guilty as charged. Next.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/09/2018 at 01:50, BawWatchin said:

Closet bigot.

This is what I mean. You get these types of ad hominem attacks from anonymous Hibs keyboard warriors for being contrarian on the topics I mentioned. Yet I go to the pub and Hibs mates my age are on the same page. I will support my team despite these kneejerk nat and Corbynsta fools.

I could never change my club as I'm too invested in Motherwell FC and have been for 30 odd years, spending a great deal of time, effort and money in following them.  If they ever ceased to be then I'd be done with football I reckon as I've no interest in the national team or English football.

I certainly couldn't bring myself to 'support' any other Scottish side, not in the same way I do with Motherwell. I suppose I've always had a bit of respect and admiration for Hearts as they are a proper football club with a great support and have a good few mates who support them. Rangers fans are generally a great bunch of lads as well and I don't mind seeing them do well either, if nothing else because of the mouth frothing rage it causes but I could never support or follow either club.

4 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

This is what I mean. You get these types of ad hominem attacks from anonymous Hibs keyboard warriors for being contrarian on the topics I mentioned. Yet I go to the pub and Hibs mates my age are on the same page. I will support my team despite these kneejerk nat and Corbynsta fools.

^^^^ Waves the green/blank/white yoon fleg. Absolute minter.

On 9/22/2018 at 00:59, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I should maybe support The Rangers with some of my views on nats, eu, immigration, but their sectarian baggage drives away anybody not steeped in the loyalist sub culture they 'wade' in.  

I admit that stereotypes can sometimes be good for a joke - in the hands of well-balanced adults. But in real life do you really find that football fans fall in to character types based on their team ? I don't. I have known arseholes that support all teams and good guys that support all teams. I can't be doing with internet warriors who post stuff like all the Hibbys/Jambos/Hun5/Tim5  at my work are all delusional/bigoted/terrorist-sympathising lunatics. They either work in some parallel universe or they themselves are the fantasists.

15 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I admit that stereotypes can sometimes be good for a joke - in the hands of well-balanced adults. But in real life do you really find that football fans fall in to character types based on their team ? I don't. I have known arseholes that support all teams and good guys that support all teams. I can't be doing with internet warriors who post stuff like all the Hibbys/Jambos/Hun5/Tim5  at my work are all delusional/bigoted/terrorist-sympathising lunatics. They either work in some parallel universe or they themselves are the fantasists.

Prince Harry, Jeremy Corbyn, Piers Morgan, Marcus du Sautoy, Osama Bin Laden, Nick Clegg and Big Sal that used to run the Brauhaus have all at some point declared an allegiance to Arsenal

Archived