The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

12 hours ago, TheLip69 said:

This is an imperial stout with peanut, chocolate, coffee, and caramel flavours. It's sweet and thick and strong. I have never been a fan of stout or porter but this is one of the best beers I have ever tasted. At 11.0abv and £10 a bottle I don't think I will be having too many of them. Seriously, if you are a fan of stouts or porter you really have to try this.

20161202_163808.jpg

Had a couple of these over the Xmas period and still have one left, though only paid £7 a bottle from Valhalla's Goat in Glasgow. Fantastic peanut butter and biscuit Imperial stout and at 11% it's one to be savoured rather than necked.

Jaipur is a nice drop, where did you get that mate?

Also, nice sink [emoji23]

In The Cave on Great Western Road. Was only £1.99 a bottle but any more than three and you'll be smashed.

Having a sink in your bedroom is surprisingly convenient if a touch unsexy. Have drunkenly peed in it a couple of times though which is quite shameful.

Planning on nipping into Tesco or Asda later on. Any good shouts for decent lagers? Tried a few, enjoy St Mungoes but looking for a few bottles of different stuff for variety tonight.

Planning on nipping into Tesco or Asda later on. Any good shouts for decent lagers? Tried a few, enjoy St Mungoes but looking for a few bottles of different stuff for variety tonight.

Tesco have a pretty good selection of Scottish brewers. Drygate, Williams Bros, Harviestoun and Orkney all good starting points. The pistonhead cans they sell are also worth a try.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I like Tyskie for cheapish standard lager, if you haven't tried it. It's like the Polish Tennants, but tastier.

36 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Williams' Joker. Arran Blonde.

On 1/15/2017 at 17:21, Bold Rover said:

Williams' Joker. Arran Blonde.

Not lagers.

Harviestoun's Schiehallion is very good; other than that I'd probably go to the premium continental versions tbh. Pilsner Urquell is now much closer to the real thing in its bottled form IMO: not sure whether the new model of bottle had an impact or whether the old kind was just UK-produced swill being sold under the brand name. 

Wen to the pub on campus today and it was heaving, too busy to see all the taps so I could only see the first set which had Tennents, Caledonia Best, Guinness and Hoegaarden - which I'd never seen or tried before. Tried a Hoegaarden (the beer, not a green area full of sluts) and it was shite. 2/10 at best.