The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

I know that there are a few Innis & Gunn fans on here, so...

Currently drinking an Innis & Gunn Toasted Oak IPA - 5.6%.

Never heard of this one before, similar to the Original, but slightly more hoppy, very nice.

Actually, it tastes like a sweet Furstenburg.

Tried a bottle of that 7 Giraffes stuff tonight for the first time. Must say it is rather good stuff. Probably have to buy it again, especially at the price I found it on sale at. :lol:

That's excellent. Must be on offer then. Most places are about £1.70 but Aldi tends to be a good 30p cheaper a bottle.

Went back today for some shopping and ended up buying some more of the William Bros stuff. So I'm just trying the 80 shilling stuff right now and I must say its excellent. I've bought the Prodigal Sun one for tomorrow.

For what it's worth. They were actually £1.25. Still a good deal of you ask me. Also managed to pick up the beers of my trip round Europe, mainly Pilsner Urquell, Budvar and Birra Morretti/Peroni.

Ahhh nostalgia. (I came back 3 weeks ago. :lol:)

Their 80 Shilling is a quality modern take on a traditional heavy.

Pretty much all the Williams Bros stuff is at the very least decent, some of it being fantastic.

You don't see it in the usual shops that much but they do a beer called Kelpie which is a stout infused with seaweed.

It sounds gantin but it's doss. Really rich and dark but with an almost briney quality to it. It shouldn't work but it very much does.

Not much of a stout fan tbh. The 80 shilling is about as dark as I'll tend to go. Still it's bizarre how tastes change. I was a solid lager and pish lager at that drinker. Now having worked in a Sam Smiths pub for over a year, I've actually developed a real taste for bitters, ales, etc. rather like it now, normal lagers are a little bit pish. :lol:

Not much of an ale drinker so not really been keeping on eye on this thread so this may have been recommended (or slated) before. My mates girlfriend works for an event company and managed to take 50 of these so we got tore into some the other night. Had a quick look online and its sold in Waitrose for £1.67 a bottle. Exmoor Beast Strong Ale - Fucking excellent.

QWOP1827.jpg.

Not much of an ale drinker so not really been keeping on eye on this thread so this may have been recommended (or slated) before. My mates girlfriend works for an event company and managed to take 50 of these so we got tore into some the other night. Had a quick look online and its sold in Waitrose for £1.67 a bottle. Exmoor Beast Strong Ale - Fucking excellent.

Posted Image.

I had this in at my last beer festival and saw a few people get in a bit of a state thanks to the beast.

Not much of a stout fan tbh. The 80 shilling is about as dark as I'll tend to go. Still it's bizarre how tastes change. I was a solid lager and pish lager at that drinker. Now having worked in a Sam Smiths pub for over a year, I've actually developed a real taste for bitters, ales, etc. rather like it now, normal lagers are a little bit pish. :lol:

That's my boy!

Had an Isle of Arran Red Squirrel last night - first time I've knowingly tried a red ale but rather nice - quite nutty but a wee bit sweet too, awfully easy to drink and would make a good session ale. Rounded the evening off with a St Stefanus Blonde which I think is my current drug of choice, it's utterly brilliant.

Got a few things to do in the West End today, so I'm sure The Cave/Hippo Beers/Valhalla's Goat will get plundered at some stage.

Not been to Inn Deep yet - worth a visit?

Inn Deep is absolutely superb. Sweet Pete and myself were in a few months ago, tried a couple that I haven't had before (can't remember what they were, we were fairly gassed by this point, I think). Not too bad price wise from what I remember, around £3.50 a pint?

I have to second what Derek said about Kelpie. I managed to get my hands on a few bottles of it earlier this year, always keep my eye out for it in Aldi, but haven't seen it in ages.

Not sure if I'll make the Troon ale festival either, given that the inconsiderate bawbag that I was meant to be going with has decided that moving house that weekend is more important than beer.

Oh, and I've had a few ales this week. Tried Three Sisters on Thursday night, a very smooth pint with hints of chocolate. Very much enjoyed it. Also had a few of the Fyne beers, but can't remember which ones!