The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started off with the Belhaven, then kicked off the second half with Flying Scotsman. Appropriately we came flying out the blocks in the second half. That'll be my beer of choice for Scotland games from now on.

Has anyone tried Kona Brewing Co's Big Wave? It's a golden ale, it's light and refreshing and has a really nice taste of passion fruit to it.

The cheapest I've found it is £2.75 a bottle but that was out of a restaurant, I think it's available through web merchants.

I would really highly recommend it though.

Tried the two new Williams Bros ales last night, Perfect Storm (IPA) and Golden Ratio (golden ale funnily enough).

Was blown away by Perfect Storm. Very fruity and wickedly hoppy. Whilst it probably won't replace Seven Giraffes as my favourite, it is pretty outstanding.

My kids picked me up some ales for Father's Day as well, a few Adnams and Williams Bros too. Hidden amongst them was something called Bootlegger, which was fairly similar to the Apple Ale that Drygate produce, but had a rough as f**k aftertaste, almost like white spirit.

Has anyone tried Kona Brewing Co's Big Wave? It's a golden ale, it's light and refreshing and has a really nice taste of passion fruit to it.

The cheapest I've found it is £2.75 a bottle but that was out of a restaurant, I think it's available through web merchants.

I would really highly recommend it though.

I had a couple in Edinburgh last week, not bad, but not great.

Tried the two new Williams Bros ales last night, Perfect Storm (IPA) and Golden Ratio (golden ale funnily enough).

Was blown away by Perfect Storm. Very fruity and wickedly hoppy. Whilst it probably won't replace Seven Giraffes as my favourite, it is pretty outstanding.

My kids picked me up some ales for Father's Day as well, a few Adnams and Williams Bros too. Hidden amongst them was something called Bootlegger, which was fairly similar to the Apple Ale that Drygate produce, but had a rough as f**k aftertaste, almost like white spirit.

^^^Knows what white spirit tastes like.

Where did you get a hold of them, out of curiosity?

The Abbotsford on Rose Street.

I was on Innis & Gunner IPA yesterday and it was very good, then on to Devils Backbone in a couple of different spoons...and some Goose Island.

Archived