The St Johnstone For Europe Thread

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Invested wisely in some fine players, shrewd appointment in Lomas - I think St Johnstone will finish top of the Tayside teams, possibly in the top 3.

Please discuss.

If only you had been sincere Spud.. The mighty saints have come along way since that day. Sadly for the Dees, they dropped even further. Oh, and hows the Bomber boycott going mate?? :thumsup2

Yes, this is Armageddon

In that case I'm going to pretend to hand my season ticket back in pretend protest and continue going to games. That'll teach 'em.

• 1 month later...

Ghostie...oh Ghostie.....come out, come out, wherever you are.laugh.gif

Oh Biggie, oh Biggie...Oh Spuddy, oh Spuddy???? :thumsup2

Do we still have a comedy gold section on P&B??

This thread HAS to go into it... So many folk made an absolute trumpet of themselves in here. The biggest problem is knowing who to quote...

From our resident Once famous WUM

The Lomas tactical tombola has been entertaining anyway. How many games without a win now? 14?

One of my more accurate predictions for the season.

Nothing to see here.. While this shitefest was happening I was enjoying 18 hole of golf with Steve Lomas and I can tell you he was not concerned in the slightest. Indeed he was so relaxed that he won the longest drive competion. Infact I think we only mentioned Dundee once and that was in relation to a golf shot.

At 9.22am we said " Shall we do a Dundee"

And then headed straight for the first....laugh.gif laugh.gif

Then we had Biggie again..

Have a look at the league table tonight, big boy.cool.gif

I am looking Biggie, I am looking..

Then we had G-Man. responding to Saints will finish comfortably above dundee .

LOL By how many points? A we wager?

Hows about 23 G-Man..

Get yer cash oot G-Man

If St.Johnstone are 10 points clear of Dundee ( afterall that is comfortable) i will give £20 to a charity of your choice, anything less than that or Dundee are ahead of St.J then you give money to my charity of choice?

And even the Middens main man Rick the dick got involved...( I suspect his sphincter loosened a bit after 4.50pm tonight

In truth the fermers add absolutely nothing to this league and really shouldn't be allowed into the SPL however the Lomas death spiral has started earlier than I thought. He might manage to get past the 1st round of matches so long as Inverness and Dundee struggle to win matches.

Now there is a lot more but this is enough to be getting on with..

As I said, COMEDY GOLD!!!!!!!!

People keep banging on about the quality of the Saints squad but really, who has come in that is actually any use? Vine has done f**k all apart from get sent off, Tade is absolutely hopeless and an embarrassment most of the time, Hasselbaink is headless chicken personified and Cregg is First Division standard at best. McLean was part of the worst Aberdeen side in recent years. Mark Kerr (is that still on?) is just horrific.

Beattie can be good on his day but is one or two injuries away from the scrapheap.

Add this pile of shite to a tactically-inept Manager more concerned about his appearance and public profile and you've got a team that would be relegated if Dundee weren't here.

Genius stuff. Only reached five pages but this was the best post so far, even eclipsing anything from Ric, which is really saying something.

Why don't you think you will (finish second bottom)? You've got a team of wage thieves and first division players with an absolute goon in charge. If Lomas is given the boot by Christmas and the new manager clears out some of the dross then maybe you'll make 9th or something but with Lomas it's relegation battle all the way.

Another classic...

People make the same mistake every year of making ridiculous predictions far too early after just a few matches.

On a sidenote, either Dundee or Inverness will be relegated and we will finish in the top 6 once again. Bookmark it.

How to make a correct prediction, take note spudgun

StandFree03, on 08 Sept 2012 - 11:09, said:snapback.png

Why don't you think you will (finish second bottom)? You've got a team of wage thieves and first division players with an absolute goon in charge. If Lomas is given the boot by Christmas and the new manager clears out some of the dross then maybe you'll make 9th or something but with Lomas it's relegation battle all the way

:lol::1eye

I'm disappointed that I never took up the bet with StandFree that Saints would finish above Aberdeen. Any jealous supporters of other SPL teams should get used to the fact that we've established ourselves as one of the 'big boys' and are here to stay for at least a little while.

Archived