Red Dwarf X

~~~

i really liked chloe annette in it.

whats happened to konchansky in relation to the current series? its been so long since i've watched the old stuff, i've forgotten

To be honest they just seemed to have ignored what happened its abit like superman returns in where they just gloss over Superman 4 the quest for peace. Which is probably for the best, guessing they did a similar thing here

i really liked chloe annette in it.

whats happened to konchansky in relation to the current series? its been so long since i've watched the old stuff, i've forgotten

In Back to Earth, they mention that she's dead. No explanation, just pan breid.

I'm cool with it.

^^^^^^^^^^

Then at the end of back to earth they explain she isn't really dead, just done in a runner in Blue Midget to get away from Lister.

Leaves it open for a return, hopefully its Claire Grogan who returns if it ever happens.

1347799436[/url]' post='6631979']

Series 6 is the last truly great series. Seven was an absolute car crash. Eight was slightly better, but like the books Naylor writing on his own just doesnt really work. The comebacks were nothing special, so Im not holding out much hope for the new series.

Shame, as the first 6 series still stand up as one of the best British comedies of all time. Better off binning Dave and watching the early episodes on Netflix.

One of the best lines ever written in comedy ...."Are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb". Watching it right now on apple tv haven't seen it for years .

^^^^^^^^^^

Then at the end of back to earth they explain she isn't really dead, just done in a runner in Blue Midget to get away from Lister.

Leaves it open for a return, hopefully its Claire Grogan who returns if it ever happens.

I don't remember that bit. I was happy to believe she was dead as it meant there was little chance of them bringing her back. It just never worked for me.

Am sure Kryten mentions that she isnt really dead but just wanted to leave Lister.

I've seen the trailer for tonight's episode a few times and it has new ship computer in it which is not either of the Holly's or Queeg for that matter!

One of the best lines ever written in comedy ...."Are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb". Watching it right now on apple tv haven't seen it for years .

was going to put up my favourite quote but there is that many good ones here its impossible to just pick one.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~odyssey/Quotes/Popular/SciFi/Red_Dwarf.html

Poorer this week. Still raised a smile or two.

They seem to have dropped Holly completely now :(

agreed cant understand the folk saying its great, the jokes are really cheesey and the writing has gone steadily downhill since series 6 which was when the enity known as Grant Naylor seperated, tells its own story

Wasn't as good this week. Was in some ways a poorer version on the episode Queeg. The Chinese Whispers joke never paid off the way the Moose one did in the first episode.

I have heard that this was supposed to be the weakest episode in the series.

Holly wont be back Norman Lovett fell out with Doug Naylor over the Back to Earth Special. They couldnt afford to hire Norman as the budget was that tight.

Wasn't as good this week. Was in some ways a poorer version on the episode Queeg. The Chinese Whispers joke never paid off the way the Moose one did in the first episode.

I have heard that this was supposed to be the weakest episode in the series.

Holly wont be back Norman Lovett fell out with Doug Naylor over the Back to Earth Special. They couldnt afford to hire Norman as the budget was that tight.

Was like a mash of Cassandra and Queeg, only thing that kinda made me laugh was when they were setting her up for use

Writing and jokes have been very hit and miss since series 6, you notice the difference even when when Doug Naylor has written Red Dwarf books, last human being a prime example where its meant to be a seperate story but with random scenes from RD thrown in to beef it out

Aside from the scene with Lister leaving the Video for himself, I thought last nights episode was short on laughs. I'm still undecided on whether or not it's worth sticking with. I'll likely give it a few more episodes and see how I feel.

I had much more fun reading through that list of Red Dwarf quotes....

Aside from the scene with Lister leaving the Video for himself, I thought last nights episode was short on laughs. I'm still undecided on whether or not it's worth sticking with. I'll likely give it a few more episodes and see how I feel.

I had much more fun reading through that list of Red Dwarf quotes....

Follow the Rimmer shaped blur

Step up to red alert.

Sir are you absolutely sure it does mean changing the bulb

We are on the emergency backup milk. We are on the dogs milk

Felt a bit let down with last night, the best part they shown a classic episode after, the one with Toastie :lol:

My better half was giving me the "you're fucking mental" look because I was sitting giggling away at the Talkie Toaster scenes before the punchlines had been delivered.

My better half was giving me the "you're fucking mental" look because I was sitting giggling away at the Talkie Toaster scenes before the punchlines had been delivered.

ahh so your a waffle man

edit to add geekness, the guy who voiced talkie was actually the guy who played Kryten in series 2 for one episode but due to other work commitments couldnt take on the role in series 3

Edited by P.C