Red Dwarf X

~~~

True, but like Nicola "Peri" Bryant in Doctor Who she was a complete TR7 - ie. looked amazingly rideable but in reality gave shit performance.

They'd have got away with bringing back Kolchanski had it been Clare Grogan, but she was by that stage CPGroganing her way up her own arse so Arnott got the gig. You could see a slob like Lister going after a skinny nippy sweetie like the original Kolchanski, but not the Mk2 version. Too posh & too self obsessed for someone like Lister to like, let alone love. He'd have sooner stuck with shagging that gelf!

I'm not sure that Chloe's performance was shit - as others have said, by that time, any problems were with the writing more than anything.

Chris Barrie's Rimmer milking 'laughs' from a 'funny' salute for the best part of a toe-curling two minutes is no substitute for content or jokes.

• 1 year later...

Red Dwarf X was better than I expected so delighted they are making more. Very much doubt it will ever hit the peak of the first 6 seasons but still really looking forward to it. Got a long wait mind you for only 6 Episodes a season.

• 1 year later...

Red Dwarf is back for series XI! 

The first episode is available online on UK TV Play and is on Dave on 22nd September. 

I've watched the first episode online and thought it was ok. Doesn't come close to matching the top episodes but a couple of decent jokes although some of the gags are very familiar. 

Series XII was recorded at the same time and will be shown next year. 

Episode 3 is now on the UK TV app. Really enjoyed it again and the best so far for me. The way they tied everything back at the end was great. Some laugh out loud moments again and a decent story.

I think it has topped series X already as Lemons was the one stand out episode IMO and both episode 2 and 3 of this series have been better.

There is a documentary on the series X DVD that explains they were rewriting some episodes right up to the time of filming. This time round it would appear everything has been planned better and the budget is bigger. The cast have all been on top form too with only the guest actors in episode 2 being a lot down so far.

I just wish they'd bring Holly back. They made a throwaway remark about him drying out after Lister left a bath running for years in X I think and have never mentioned him again 

The actor that played him had a fallout with the producers just before they filmed back to earth