Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

I think the only way to save The Rangers from oblivion would be to relegate Celtic and have Hibs/QOS play off for the right to take their place. Celtic and The Rangers could then reignite their fake rivalry in the Championship and another round of thick bear fleecing would begin.

This would have the added bonus of preserving Motherwell's place in the Premiership, something I think we'd all agree is in everyone's best interest, particularly Falkirk's.

‘The Journey’? A continual and repetitive theme, I’m not sure what it means?

I’ve followed Rangers for 35 years plus, and seen plenty of ups and downs.

I’ve seen the emergence, of the ‘New Firm’ with trophies won at home and in Europe, the plaudits were well deserved.

I’ve seen C*ltic win a hoard of League and Cup Silverware.

But I can honestly claim that my ‘journey’ as a Rangers supporter (in my time) can surpass the enjoyment that most supporters of other clubs on here can profess?

The last 3 years have been awful, but it pales in to insignificance in terms of what we have enjoyed and achieved before. We’ll carry on working to get back up there!

Cheers Rab

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/ally-mccoist-its-one-tiny-step-on-a-long-journey-for-rangers.18995652

Your manager coined the term "Journey"

Could they afford to extend it anyway?

With about a dozen players out of contract in the summer, yes, they could.

There's apparently going to be an increase in the playing budget also which would make the possibility of extending his contract even more affordable. And I doubt he's amongst the top earners.

I think Rangers believe they can sign better players. Time will tell. I'm almost certain, though, that the salary budget for the players will be higher when the transfer window closes than it is right now.