Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

Why ? Because the old club occasionally won a two horse race !?

Nearly every week Rangers played clubs/companies who had just a fraction of Rangers finances, I've seen Falkirk play right diddy teams in the Cup and it's rarely an exciting thing, couple of goals, training ground football, expected win - that's what Rangers fans had week-in-week-out with just 4 games of any 'suspense' in the entire season,

But of course the old club/company did win stuff, that must be exhilarating!? it is for me when Falkirk win stuff! Thing is though I've been there when Rangers have won stuff (2009 Cup Final) and their fans simply bimbled out of the ground like it was just another match - indeed they hardly even made a peep when they were inside the ground !!

Supporting a diddy team is a real journey, and it's fucking brilliant.

^ This. It's the years of hee haw success and mediocrity that make the occasional triumphs utterly out of this world. But Sevconians don't have sufficient self esteem to handle the banter that comes with supporting a team that generally experiences lack of success and mediocrity.

10 in a row?. Europe - European Cup/Champions League?. Sure these were for a Rangers fan.

But enjoyment a fan gets out of following their team is all relative to the club they support, if you understand.

Partick Thistle winning the last "1st Division" will live with me forever and the day we got the trophy was one of the best I've had. Not just because I got to lift the actual trophy aloft In front of a packed Star n Garter, but for a club our size to do it after years of below mediocrity dross, made it special.

Just because you are a supporter of a bigger club winning bigger trophies more regularly does not make the feeling greater. Unless you think like a Rangers fan of course. Then emotion and the intensity of said emotion becomes a way to demonstrate superiority! What a weird bunch!

The point remains Monkey, what you see as an entertaining source of amusement, I see as a pitiful and tired obsession, it isn't going to change is it?

No it isn't, at least not until you look at it properly and see it as it is rather than what you want it to be.

‘The Journey’? A continual and repetitive theme, I’m not sure what it means?

I’ve followed Rangers for 35 years plus, and seen plenty of ups and downs.

I’ve seen the emergence, of the ‘New Firm’ with trophies won at home and in Europe, the plaudits were well deserved.

I’ve seen C*ltic win a hoard of League and Cup Silverware.

But I can honestly claim that my ‘journey’ as a Rangers supporter (in my time) can surpass the enjoyment that most supporters of other clubs on here can profess?

The last 3 years have been awful, but it pales in to insignificance in terms of what we have enjoyed and achieved before. We’ll carry on working to get back up there!

Cheers Rab

Of course you cant, you can have no idea what it's like to support any other club.

Therefore you would have no idea what levels of enjoyment they can or will attain.

In the past 35 years I have seen my team in 3 Cup Finals, winning one, I've seen us finish best of the rest on 3 occasions, and I've also seen them play in every European tournament up to and including Champions League Qualifiers.

I've seen us struggle to stay in the Premiership, and I've seen us in administration.

It's been a regular rollercoaster of a journey and I wouldn't swop it for anything.

Is that better than anyone else's journey with their team, of course it isn't, there is no comparison.

To suggest differently is beyond moronic, but par for the course with you.

The increase in the playing budget is only because of players being let go this summer. Rangers will be able to offer new players a decent wage maybe still above any Premiership club bar Celtic, but nothing like the stupid ones Charles Green era.

Are you watching the incoming disaster about to unfold at Newcastle Utd?.

I have heard rumoured fourteen 1st team players will be released end of season. Can't be good for morale going into the sharp end of the season with so many important games coming up. But then Ashley never cared about such trivial matters as keeping his employees happy and motivated. So getting Vuckic and Ferguson signed up for next season should be a priority, both players still have a year of their contract to go at Newcastle, but if Newcastle go down that club might be reluctant to let them go anywhere, who knows?.

Opposition fans keep saying Rangers won't increase the salary budget despite the likes of King saying this will happen. Do those fans say that in hope more than expectation?.....

Signing Vuckic would be fantastic. That would be a start. But the priority must surely be two central defenders.

You need your club to grow like a free range hen rather than a caged mutant on steroids unable to stand because its body is too heavy for its legs.

There is no evidence either way on the what will happen with the budget simply because Rangers at the moment don't know which league they will be playing in next season.

it would a novelty to see any 'Rangers' set-up ever embrace the concept of a budget ...

Opposition fans keep saying Rangers won't increase the salary budget despite the likes of King saying this will happen. Do those fans say that in hope more than expectation?.....

Signing Vuckic would be fantastic. That would be a start. But the priority must surely be two central defenders.

Go on admit it, you're just having a laugh here aren't you ?

You are failing to grasp the stark reality of the financial mess the club is in. The club has run through over £110 million in three years and has accumulated £32 million in debt and you think the players wage budget will be increased despite the club overspending on average each in excess of £11 million a year.

How will the club address the £11 million a year overspend ?, no point saying getting into the Premiership will solve all your financial woes with the extra income because the fans will demand that the club spend double the players budget for a title challenge in the first season. And what if the title challenge is a complete bust after 6 games in ?

No decent player will sign to the club for peanuts either because they will hold the club to ransom seeing as every other fucker did before them because this is a Rangers FC and they don't do peanuts for players.

Lastly King ? :lol: , do you actually believe this rocket will come good eventually ? :lol: , he has done more damage than good. :)

Why ? Because the old club occasionally won a two horse race !?

Nearly every week Rangers played clubs/companies who had just a fraction of Rangers finances, I've seen Falkirk play right diddy teams in the Cup and it's rarely an exciting thing, couple of goals, training ground football, expected win - that's what Rangers fans had week-in-week-out with just 4 games of any 'suspense' in the entire season,

But of course the old club/company did win stuff, that must be exhilarating!? it is for me when Falkirk win stuff! Thing is though I've been there when Rangers have won stuff (2009 Cup Final) and their fans simply bimbled out of the ground like it was just another match - indeed they hardly even made a peep when they were inside the ground !!

Supporting a diddy team is a real journey, and it's fucking brilliant.

Very clearly this.

The idea of watching a team playing matches, 90% of which are mis-matches carries very little appeal for those of us who get what sport is meant to involve.

Rob however, has already admitted that he doesn't want Rangers to go up if they're not going to dominate once there.

His relationship with his club and with football in general is absolutely nothing like yours or mine.

Go on admit it, you're just having a laugh here aren't you ?

You are failing to grasp the stark reality of the financial mess the club is in. The club has run through over £110 million in three years and has accumulated £32 million in debt and you think the players wage budget will be increased despite the club overspending on average each in excess of £11 million a year.

How will the club address the £11 million a year overspend ?, no point saying getting into the Premiership will solve all your financial woes with the extra income because the fans will demand that the club spend double the players budget for a title challenge in the first season. And what if the title challenge is a complete bust after 6 games in ?

No decent player will sign to the club for peanuts either because they will hold the club to ransom seeing as every other fucker did before them because this is a Rangers FC and they don't do peanuts for players.

Lastly King ? :lol: , do you actually believe this rocket will come good eventually ? :lol: , he has done more damage than good. :)

Dont be daft...we wil scoop up the best players in Scottish football, just the same as Celtic do.

Dont be daft...we wil scoop up the best players in Scottish football, just the same as Celtic do.

Aye sure you will, don't let anything like running up £16 million in debt for this season alone get in the way of signing the best players in Scotland on more money than they already get with their current club.

If yer club fails to get promotion, the falling ST sales and gate numbers will make up for the increase in the players budget. After all what's debt to a Rangers fan eh ?, just something to be ignored and forgotten as trivial nonsense that other clubs bother about.

Aye sure you will, don't let anything like running up £16 million in debt for this season alone get in the way of signing the best players in Scotland on more money than they already get with their current club.

If yer club fails to get promotion, the falling ST sales and gate numbers will make up for the increase in the players budget. After all what's debt to a Rangers fan eh ?, just something to be ignored and forgotten as trivial nonsense that other clubs bother about.

Celtic pick up players like Armstrong and GMS for peanuts. Rangers will do likewise once back in the top league.

Very clearly this.The idea of watching a team playing matches, 90% of which are mis-matches carries very little appeal for those of us who get what sport is meant to involve .

I've just tried a season of that kind of thing and while it was undeniably nice for a change, I can't help but think that it would wear a bit smooth before too long.

I've just tried a season of that kind of thing and while it was undeniably nice for a change, I can't help but think that it would wear a bit smooth before too long.

We had it in the third tier two seasons ago.

It very soon got dull.