Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

Why do you think so many folk hate Rangers, Rob?

It wasn't always the case HT, I mentioned on an earlier thread, we followed Scotland all over Europe in the 80,s and 90's. Not anymore, why has it changed so much? I couldn't tell you, but it has and for the worse. I know many Rangers supporters who feel exactly the same.

Aye , because the failed statelet support is well known for it's tolerance and inclusiveness. :rolleyes:

Aye right you are! A tired, predictable and inaccurate response. The IFA and the GAWA have made huge strides in fostering a much more inclusive support of the national side in recent years. You know the square root of f*ck all.

It wasn't always the case HT, I mentioned on an earlier thread, we followed Scotland all over Europe in the 80,s and 90's. Not anymore, why has it changed so much? I couldn't tell you, but it has and for the worse. I know many Rangers supporters who feel exactly the same.

I always thought it was just to noise folk up!? (apologies if I'm wrong)

It kinda pre-dates the point-and-laugh-athon which is pretty much when the Peepul decided that everyone hated them!

The biggest loons are the ones that say they support England - what the f'ck is that all about? Fucking morons!

Did they not see how fucking simple the dicks that support the Republic of Ireland ahead of Scotland look !?

Each to their own I suppose!

I always thought it was just to noise folk up!? (apologies if I'm wrong)

It kinda pre-dates the point-and-laugh-athon which is pretty much when the Peepul decided that everyone hated them!

The biggest loons are the ones that say they support England - what the f'ck is that all about? Fucking morons!

Did they not see how fucking simple the dicks that support the Republic of Ireland ahead of Scotland look !?

Each to their own I suppose!

Point taken, but it is quite a peculiar phenomenon in Scotland (or is it particular to Scotland?) for people to support other nations at International level, the Republic of Ireland and England as you say.

Do you see many Spaniards stoating about Barcelona in their Germany shirts or an Italian bloke in Turin sporting the latest France top?

Argentina shirts have always been popular in Scotland I guess (ABE?) and you always saw plenty of different Country’s shirts playing 5s or 7’s, Brazil, Holland etc., a pal always use to play in a Croatia shirt.

Strange eh!?

(I do have an English mate who supports Scotland though, always has for some reason!!?)

Point taken, but it is quite a peculiar phenomenon in Scotland (or is it particular to Scotland?) for people to support other nations at International level, the Republic of Ireland and England as you say.

Do you see many Spaniards stoating about Barcelona in their Germany shirts or an Italian bloke in Turin sporting the latest France top?

I'm not so sure that that actually implies 'support' for another nation - Ned Jnr has a fair few International Jerseys but he doesn't support any of them.

Point taken, but it is quite a peculiar phenomenon in Scotland (or is it particular to Scotland?) for people to support other nations at International level, the Republic of Ireland and England as you say.Do you see many Spaniards stoating about Barcelona in their Germany shirts or an Italian bloke in Turin sporting the latest France top?Argentina shirts have always been popular in Scotland I guess (ABE?) and you always saw plenty of different Country’s shirts playing 5s or 7’s, Brazil, Holland etc., a pal always use to play in a Croatia shirt.Strange eh!?(I do have an English mate who supports Scotland though, always has for some reason!!?)

Bullshit, you'll see plenty of support for other National teams in most countries, if you go to the South of France you will find plenty of people with Algeria tops on , due to their heritage, in Switzerland you'll find massive support for Germany and France too.

The only thing particular to Scotland is the faux offence taken by ignorant morons when someone doesn't wrap themselves up in the National flag.

Bullshit, you'll see plenty of support for other National teams in most countries, if you go to the South of France you will find plenty of people with Algeria tops on , due to their heritage, in Switzerland you'll find massive support for Germany and France too.

The only thing particular to Scotland is the faux offence taken by ignorant morons when someone doesn't wrap themselves up in the National flag.

At faux Irish and faux English folk from the west of Scotland?

Rubbish! You get a few Algerian shirts in the South of France, very few. You also get a lot of letters in the local papers decrying this behaviour.

The Mayor of Nice banned the display of Algerian flags during the last WC as it was seen as unpatriotic and inflammatory!

Do try to do your research before posting made up sh*t!

Never mind you just carry on convincing yourself the courts are wrong

Which courts? This matter has never reached court - why would it?

A couple of excellent posts by Bino Balls and GR. Easily dismissed as fence sitting of course, but they're right. No8 doesn't quote LNS because of his innate respect for his office and judgement - he does it because it suits. When others quote Traynor or Walter Smith, they're doing it for the same reason.

The reality is that Rangers do sort of survive, but not seamlessly. The continuation has been contorted in nature - a contortuation if you will.

Good to see some support for fence sitting. I was getting lonely.

Rubbish! You get a few Algerian shirts in the South of France, very few. You also get a lot of letters in the local papers decrying this behaviour.

The Mayor of Nice banned the display of Algerian flags during the last WC as it was seen as unpatriotic and inflammatory!

Do try to do your research before posting made up sh*t!

Nice maybe a bit far East but certainly when I worked in Montpellier there was plenty of French Algerian and Moroccan fans. Edited by THE KING