Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I wonder what would happen if the players said that rangers promised them that the cash would never have to be repaid?

Surely as a business the current club will maintain its a different entity for such purposes? Opens the debate once again

7 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Surely as a business the current club will maintain its a different entity for such purposes? Opens the debate once again

If enough players said ' David Murray told me I would never have to pay the cash back, therefore I'm not paying', could they go after Murray?

It is very simple. If you owe tax you have to pay it. If you have an indemnity from X then they can pay HMRC direct or repay you the money that you paid HMRC. In this case X will not pay HMRC or indeed repay you. HMRC couldn't care less if you have an indemnity you are responsible for the tax.

I understand that an individuals tax affairs are there own responsibility. So you cannot hide behind blaming your employer. It looks like each and every individual will have to come to an arrangement with HM Revenue to pay back what they owe. In company terms the old rangers have gone to the wall owing HM revenue money but as for individuals they need to face the music themselves.

The Sons of Struth sound like a chivalrous order; yet the sentiments expressed seem imperfectly aligned with traditional principles of gallantry.
It's certainly a conundrum.

You can understand why they think she’s middle class, she’s not obese and has all her own teeth.