Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

he's comedy gold. He should have a show on Dave

chased you from the new club thread didnt i though, still wating on your explaination of why you say "I see my club as starting from 1874." when they went through the same process of liquidation of oldco and transfer of the club to newco in 1905 that rangers did in 2012. either Hearts were founded in 1905 and Rangers in 2012 or they are both the same clubs they have always been since inception, which one is it?

Wen are they just gonna be deid an an let us get on wi Armageddon 2 but just for Ra peeeeeepul that are sitting in govan wi nae leccy at ibrox. An big salary up at Murray park wi his new scouting system,,, meat pie..,sausage roll come on Big Mac Get In My Belly

chased you from the new club thread didnt i though, still wating on your explaination of why you say "I see my club as starting from 1874." when they went through the same process of liquidation of oldco and transfer of the club to newco in 1905 that rangers did in 2012. either Hearts were founded in 1905 and Rangers in 2012 or they are both the same clubs they have always been since inception, which one is it?

was it the company for hearts that went into liquidation or the club or a holding company. And as I stated hearts from 1874. That's my opinion and your entitled to yours. But as I've asked why were you voted out of the spl if your the same club. It doesn't matter if the company running you were in admin you got bought over did you not?

was it the company for hearts that went into liquidation or the club or a holding company. And as I stated hearts from 1874. That's my opinion and your entitled to yours. But as I've asked why were you voted out of the spl if your the same club. It doesn't matter if the company running you were in admin you got bought over did you not?

Do you realise that in insisting that Hearts can trace an unbroken history right back well into the nineteenth century; while insisting that Rangers date back only to 2012, you've achieved what scientists had hitherto not thought possible: lost an argument to robo2?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Do you realise that in insisting that Hearts can trace an unbroken history right back well into the nineteenth century; while insisting that Rangers date back only to 2012, you've achieved what scientist had hitherto not thought possible: lost an argument to robo2?

you know I even wasted my time googling to see if hearts had been liquidated. then realised i've been sucked into a huge vat of stupid. feel daft for falling into even responding to robo2.

Why google? it is right there on your own clubs website.

The original company were liquidated in 1905, you are now being ran by a completely different company, a newco and by your reasoning the newco is the club, so by your own logic your club were found in 1905.

seems like you and robo2 are the only people that care about this. If it bothers you then complain to the football authorities that we claim 1874 as the date we founded and not 1905.

It does not bother me at all, Hearts like Rangers were founded in the 1870`s, I am merely pointing out your double standards when calling Rangers a new club yet claiming Hearts are not.

As with all the cases where you find similarities with your old club's demise, though, Tedi, you're choosing to ignore what, in this case, is a not insubstantial difference. Which, when demanding proof and evidence of every little thing which you feel attacks the Ibrox organisation, displays double standards of a quite breathtaking level.

We expect nothing less.

ETA: Let it be noted that Scott was far too much of a gentleman to point out the glaring flaw in your argument.

I'm not.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

The difference being that we left a staggering and sickening amount of debt?

No, I am not ignoring this at all and it changes nothing, if he believes that liquidation = death then he believes his club died.

Corporate Law has changed a teeny. tiny, eensy weensy bit since the turn of the 20th Century, you know. As has a lot of other stuff.

"During season 1904-05 the club ran into financial difficulties because the limited company formed in 1903 was unable to continue after debts amounting to £1,400 had accumulated. In March 1905 at a Quarterly General Meeting, a resolution, "Proposal for Temporary Loans from Present Shareholders", was defeated by 94 votes to 72, but later that month, three resolutions were passed and the company was voluntarily wound up. On 29 April 1905, the present company was incorporated on the Register of Companies and the new concern picked up the debt which had increased to £1,600. Despite a problem selling all the new shares it cleared this debt within a reasonably short time."

You'll have to show me where the official Hearts site mentions Liquidation. While they may well have a break in their timeline - and, as with any honest club, I'll accept a variety of views - they worked their way out of their problems in an honest way. Your old club and the new, however? No chance. Because there isn't a break in the timeline, is there? Quite the opposite, in fact.

"Due to the financial uncertainty, the club was unable to invest in fresh talent and Hearts finished seventh equal in the League with performances ranging between brilliant and mediocre"

Another wee difference there.

Oh, and here's a wee bit of food for thought...

" The new facilities were opened in August 1903 and that month, the club also became a limited liability company". As you're a wee bit slow at times, that says the club became a Limited Company. A bit like rangers, really.

All yours, Pelucía.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Do you mean this part of the history?

"Financial Crisis

During season 1904-05 the club ran into financial difficulties because the limited company formed in 1903 was unable to continue after debts amounting to £1,400 had accumulated. In March 1905 at a Quarterly General Meeting, a resolution, "Proposal for Temporary Loans from Present Shareholders", was defeated by 94 votes to 72, but later that month, three resolutions were passed and the company was voluntarily wound up. On 29 April 1905, the present company was incorporated on the Register of Companies and the new concern picked up the debt which had increased to £1,600. Despite a problem selling all the new shares it cleared this debt within a reasonably short time."

I was sure that i'd seen the WKR's post somewhere before ......

All his own work...

Wound up = liquidated, it spells it out for you WKR, On 29 April 1905, the present company was incorporated

Here is the extract from the gazette;

P9Cxoa.jpg

and there we have it New Company = Newco, the present Hearts are a Newco.

Now to me Hearts are still the same Hearts founded in 1874, the fact they are not being ran by the original company is neither here nor there, the fact they paid their debts back then is something to be proud of and means that their liquidation event is far less of a blemish than ours, will they pay all their debts this time around? but that changes nothing in the recognised continuity argument, both clubs are recognised as being founded in the 1870`s.

And Tedi bitchslaps the WKR into next week and that is that finished.

Except your eternally one-eyed fúckwit of a mate didn't answer the point, did he, Vicky? (a wee clue - have a look at the mentions of "timelines" earlier this morning).

You'll notice that Mr Stewart was appointed as liquidator. In a similar fashion, BDO were appointed liquidators of rangers. They're still, as far as I'm aware, carrying out that duty nearly two years later. If someone comes along with a shitload of money, they could conceivably take rangers out of that process.