Clach info

welshbairn

20 hours ago, Comrie said:

Would have gone if I didn't have a ticket to County.

Yes, surprised I did as I've never done the Staggies Army thing. 

• 5 months later...
41 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Hello fellow Clach fans.....it appears my team has royally fucked the pouch and hired Malky MacKay against all logic and wisdom.

What's the story with the true team of Inverness?

They love the Orange Order down Clach way. 

Other than that, they're one of the youngest teams in the league, having been founded in 1990. 

I've no been down the ferry for a while but Clach have been pretty woeful the last few seasons. Last game I saw them win was against Fort William. 4-1 I think?

Grant Street is a class wee ground though, I really like it.

• 1 month later...

£160 to see Clach finish second or third bottom, bargain. Probably will take it up seeing as I canna be fucked with the Malky Mackay Racism Experience.

12 hours ago, Comrie said:

£160 to see Clach finish second or third bottom, bargain. Probably will take it up seeing as I canna be fucked with the Malky Mackay Racism Experience.

It always perplexes me how poor Clach always do given they're in a prime location to pick up the The Caley and Ross County cast-offs.

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It always perplexes me how poor Clach always do given they're in a prime location to pick up the The Caley and Ross County cast-offs.

Are they still skint? I think they can't compete with Elgin, Brora or 90% of the other Highland League clubs.

Just now, Comrie said:

Are they still skint? I think they can't compete with Elgin, Brora or 90% of the other Highland League clubs.

Yeah think so, that'll probably be it.  Worked with the then Clach manager about 18 months ago and they were paying boys in the 10s a week.  It's mostly win bonuses they pay out, which isn't often as they rarely win.

On 02/07/2021 at 10:31, TheScarf said:

Yeah think so, that'll probably be it.  Worked with the then Clach manager about 18 months ago and they were paying boys in the 10s a week.  It's mostly win bonuses they pay out, which isn't often as they rarely win.

And they have to compete with the likes of Brora and Rothes with sugar daddies funding them. It's annoying when we regularly lose our best prospects just as we've trained them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to really judge Clach on that. Played some nice two touch football, scored some goals, kept a clean sheet...but Webb and the number 5 (was it Finnis @welshbairn?) would not inspire confidence as when Burghead attempted an initial high press they looked wobbly at times. Once the initial press was beaten they were totally out of ideas.  

Still a cracking day in the sun down the Ferry.

Also, I liked how Clach's attacking wide men wanted to drive at their men and the #8 played like a budget Lawson and would turn his back to the game and offer an easy ball for the keeper.