Clach info

welshbairn

21 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

What's the craic with all the smashed seats at the weekend, sounds strange for a preseason warm up?

Screenshot_2022-06-21-12-34-17-031_com.facebook.katana.jpg

It was overnight during the week before, some local neds got in and smashed up a few seats.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It was overnight during the week before, some local neds got in and smashed up a few seats.

Sad to hear that this would happen to a club like Clach. Fecking idiots doing this to their local community, I can't understand it. I'm sure a few regulars at games could sort out and attempt to educate the local delinquents.

That’s a shockingly bad Clach team. Trying to play out from the back will see them get a few hammerings in the league this season Imo. They need to go long quicker and relieve some pressure.

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That’s a shockingly bad Clach team. Trying to play out from the back will see them get a few hammerings in the league this season Imo. They need to go long quicker and relieve some pressure.

Was there many there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Clach chairman is wanting early Saturday kick-offs to be brought in this season.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/inverness-football-club-wants-earlier-kick-offs-to-tackle-ri-285994

Makes sense, I thought a few clubs might do that. Hope it won't be permanent, I like a leisurely 2 or 3 pints before a game. In the longer term LED flood lights are way cheaper to run and there's plenty room for solar panels.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Makes sense, I thought a few clubs might do that. Hope it won't be permanent, I like a leisurely 2 or 3 pints before a game. In the longer term LED flood lights are way cheaper to run and there's plenty room for solar panels.

It's a major discussion down south too at the moment. There 3pm has been standard for many years at all levels until at least step 6 of non-league (tier 10) as all clubs in those levels must have floodlights. But due to costs they are now talking about changing it.

The East of Scotland League currently kicks off at 2.30. When I first started watching Edinburgh City not many EOSL clubs had lights so when the clocks changed kick offs went back to 2pm and in the December/January days kick offs were at 1.15. Which meant you were safely esconced in the pub to catch the half time Scottish League results. Not all EOSL clubs have lights yet so you still get early winter kick offs.

The West of Scotland League keep the old Central/Ayrshire Juniors kick off time of 2pm. I was told by an St Anthonys fan that 2pm kick offs were to allow match reports to appear in the evening sports edition of Glasgow papers. As these haven't been produced for the best part of two decades you can't accuse the West clubs of living in the past :rolleyes: Anyway they'll claim they were saving electricity all these years 

If finances are tight it makes sense to kick off early in the winter although the Highland League geographical spread makes for early Saturday morning journeys to arrive in time for 1.15.

It makes sense for local games like Clach v Nairn, Forres, Lossie, Strathspey, even Rothes.  Games like BOD v Wick could be a bit of a nightmare kicking off an hour earlier, but that's the extreme example, distance wise.  I don't see why this can't be implemented.  Staggered kick off times are normal in football.

The last train from Wick to Inverness leaves at 4pm on a Saturday, so a 2pm or earlier kick off would be ideal for selfish reasons. I imagine many of travelling players would be quite happy getting home a few hours earlier on a Saturday evening as well.

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The last train from Wick to Inverness leaves at 4pm on a Saturday, so a 2pm or earlier kick off would be ideal for selfish reasons. I imagine many of travelling players would be quite happy getting home a few hours earlier on a Saturday evening as well.

1.30pm would be perfect if you don't mind getting up for the 7am train up, bit of kip on the train, in Spoons for 11.30, and plenty time to catch the train back.

I've always stopped the night before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2022 at 16:14, welshbairn said:

Decent hospitality deal at Dunbar if everyone isn't too busy grieving on Saturday. Match tickets are £7/4 and available through Fanbase, as is hospitality.

Fanbase link

image.png.24831b68f68640d554afc98988ece2cc.png

We had a cracking breakfast in Dunbar recently just off the town centre, plus the John Muir Museum is worth a visit to see how this man shaped America.