Limmy's Show

jamamafegan

I've had those conversations with myself occaionally when going to interviews etc.

I'm here for the job - nah too presumptions

hi nice to meet you - too friendly

awrite - too neddy

end up just mumbling something

:ph34r:

Just watched it. Better than last weeks I thought. More observational comedy which is what I love most. Swimming pool and third mate sketches were particular highlights. I've felt this series has been aimed more for the younger audience, some of the sketches being a bit silly. This latest one was more like his old stuff, so pretty pleased with that. As others have said, Still no Mr Mulvaney which is disappointing, would love it if he brought him out for the last episode or something as a big finale.

Another thing - it annoys me how people constantly want Dee Dee and Falconhoof. Yeah they are funny sketches more often than not, but people can't expect him to rely on those to fill in the episodes. People would get bored if he kept using them.

I agree. Folk would moan if an episode had Dee Dee, Falconhoof, Jacqueline, Mr Mulvaney, Raymond Day and not much else. I prefer the other sketches to be honest.

I enjoyed this week's episode. Especially the "What do I say" sketch.

Another thing - it annoys me how people constantly want Dee Dee and Falconhoof. Yeah they are funny sketches more often than not, but people can't expect him to rely on those to fill in the episodes. People would get bored if he kept using them.

Well, he's booted the arse completely out of Larry Forsyth. That was at best a 2 show sketch.

There's absolutely loads of potential material for Falconhoof - would be easy to write 6 sketches for a series.

It's a delicate balance with the regular sketch characters. It's hard to judge whether they are wearing thin or not. I thought Larry Forsyth had nowhere to go then he came up with the genius of dreadnought. The only one I feel is losing momentum is Falconhoof. Plenty of life left in Dee Dee and Jacqueline McCafferty.

That said its good to have a mix of sketches, monologues and daft stuff rather than just straight sketches.

Caught up with episodes 4 and 5 last night. 4 was a really solid episode, probably the best of the series, whereas 5 was pretty weak. The two proper LOL moments for me were the "Outfuneral" sketch - at the end, "Shiiiiiiit!" - and the windyman where it cut to the scene of him in the playpark.

The sketch with the cheery mobile ringtone and the horrendous story about the dad had me in stitches for some reason. Perfect ringtone to use for that one. Whit ye think these are for too. I quite enjoyed the episode.

I watched the kill jester falconhoof last night on YouTube. Utterly hilarious.