MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Fucking gutted. There's a huge night of fights tomorrow, and Khabib v Ferguson was the one I was looking forward to most. Gutted.

At least I can console myself with Woodley -Wonderboy and Thurman - Garcia in the boxing though I suppose.

He's missed weight once before in the UFC. He looks pretty terrible in the latest embedded, even Tony is winding him up about it being a tough weight cut. I just read that he cuts 2 stone, which if true is ridiculous.

Don't really see the point in asking Ferguson to fight someone else, he should be getting paid his show and win money and trying to reschedule the Khabib fight for the next PPV. That's if it's only a weight issue for Khabib.

He's missed weight once before in the UFC. He looks pretty terrible in the latest embedded, even Tony is winding him up about it being a tough weight cut. I just read that he cuts 2 stone, which if true is ridiculous.

Don't really see the point in asking Ferguson to fight someone else, he should be getting paid his show and win money and trying to reschedule the Khabib fight for the next PPV. That's if it's only a weight issue for Khabib.

It's ALWAYS a weight issue. He's unreliable and shouldn't be anywhere near a title shot.

UFC is a joke.

Ferguson called it on the stage when he wished him luck with his weight cut. Nurmagomedov should get put back to number 10 and have to make his way through the contenders again.

And GSP takes an extended sabbatical as he knew that he was due a thumping from somebody and walks straight back in the door to a title shot at middleweight. If I were Romero, Souza, Rockhold, Weidman, Mousasi, I'd be rather peeved.

This is how it'll go after this though. GSP will get beat from Bisping and walk straight back into a welterweight title shot. Then Anderson Silva will jump the middleweight queue.

It's all about the money.

I agree with most of that but I'd still like to see Khabib get another chance at Ferguson, hopefully at ufc210.

Maybe he'll hold out for McGregor coming back. I'm not sure if he's had previous for weight cutting issues as I had stopped watching for a bit, but, surely when this is his profession, he'd have the planning of it nailed so that when all the work is done, all he needs to do is stand on the scales, go home, have a big drink of water and a protein shake or two, a decent kip and then have a fight.

Maybe he'll hold out for McGregor coming back. I'm not sure if he's had previous for weight cutting issues as I had stopped watching for a bit, but, surely when this is his profession, he'd have the planning of it nailed so that when all the work is done, all he needs to do is stand on the scales, go home, have a big drink of water and a protein shake or two, a decent kip and then have a fight.

He's missed once before. Like you say they should be able to do it no problem, and most of them do. 23/24 made weight yesterday to be fair. With the new early weigh-ins more people are missing though and I think they need to have a look at changing it back to the old way, seems like they're expecting to be waking up on weigh in day close to the limit but if they don't there's no time to make the cut safely.

I wouldn't be against Conor vs Ferguson at all but Conor is chasing the Floyd fight so still think this should/could be done again in the next month or so, even sooner if possible!

1 hour ago, The Gudderman said:

UFC is a joke - No its not

It's all about the money - Yes it is

Cut some of the bullshit out your post and amended it.

Not really having a go - its a business and of course its all about the money.