MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Oh it WILL happen, i just don't get what the Aldo camps point is. For a start it makes no sense that they question why Pettis is a contender coming into 145 on a winning streak when they were happy to take Edgar changing weight off a couple of losses.

If he doesn't take it, strip him. simple.

Oh it WILL happen, i just don't get what the Aldo camps point is. For a start it makes no sense that they question why Pettis is a contender coming into 145 on a winning streak when they were happy to take Edgar changing weight off a couple of losses.

If he doesn't take it, strip him. simple.

If Pettis looses will he stick at FW? Edgar dropped down with the intention of staying there. Pettis seems to be dropping down because that's where he's getting a title shot at first.

It's not like he's dropping because he's getting mugged off over a shot at Bendo though, that fight would have happened after the Melendez fight. If the opportunity is there to take the 145 strap then come back for the 155 then fair play. Go make yourself a legend son.

Pettis is talking about trying to hold both titles simultaneously is he not? Not that I can see the UFC going for it, but I think that's why he's dropping down. It's not like he'd have had to wait out for much longer than he currently is, Bendo-Melendez is in April and he's fighting Aldo in August. Henderson is talking about fighting twice this year so he could probably have fought him in September.

Just read that it's essentially acting as a number 1 contender's match for the 155 title as well :huh: If Aldo wins he gets a shot at Henderson/Melendez. Kind of devalues the FW title IMO.

Think they have pretty much closed the door on Cyborg. I can see them trying to tempt Carano back before they'd bring in Cyborg.

From what Dana has said, they will leave Carano unless she approaches them. I can't see that being the case, I think that is the biggest money fight there is in the womens' divisions. As for Cyborg, she's in a pretty crappy position in that she can't really get down to 135, but she's completely fucked herself by pairing up with Tito and letting him take charge. The UFC seemed keen to get here but Tito made it far too difficult from what I've read/heard.

I fuckin hate MMA, its worse than WWE, give me a good Boxing match or Thai Boxing match anyday!

Start a muay thai thread my friend, would love to hear your opinions. Not holding my breath on you having any though seeing as seems to have been a moronic throwaway line.

I really dislike this fight in one division get a title shot in another division stuff. What the point in challengers and rankings.

The point in the rankings was just to show people the who's who of the potential contenders. Dana White said right away that the rankings mean as much as they did when they weren't there.

The point in the rankings was just to show people the who's who of the potential contenders. Dana White said right away that the rankings mean as much as they did when they weren't there.

Yeah but I still don't see the point in them if it's not even the contenders getting the shots.

I like them in the sense that you can see how significant a fight is between two guys. For instance, if a guy sees the #2 and #3 fighting each other in a division, then they can say "oh, must be close to a shot", and sure enough, that's what's happened the last two times it's happened. Also, someone sees the #7 and #9 fight or something, they can tell that the guy winning that is on the rise and not far from a shot.

From that standpoint, I quite like it.