MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I'd have given you 1000/1 on Cain Velasquez ever, ever gassing before the end of a first round.

Props to Werdum though, amazing what a dozen stiff jabs can do for your chances.

Props to Werdum though, amazing what a dozen stiff jabs can do for your chances.

That and some vicious knees to the face. Friend of mine told me to lob a few quid on Werdum to win by sub at 7/1. Ignored him sadly.

It was clear come round two that Cain was never going to win. Easy to hit and sod all power to finish the fight. All Werdum needed to do was wait for the opening and there it was.

Werdum said he'll rematch Cain happily. Be interested to see if it happens in the US and if it really was the altitude that gubbed Cain. Can't take anything away from Werdum though, he is really shit hot.

Edited by mrcat1990

Anyone planning to watch the Kimbo-Shamrock carry on this Friday? Intrigued by it but don't see it going any distance.

Watch Bellator anyway so will be tuning in, not in the slightest looking forward to this circus of a fight though. Pitbull Jr vs Weichel should be decent enough.

I'll dig it out on Saturday morning, I'm expecting it to be a work and Kimbo to win by first round KO with Ken going down easy and turtling up. Bellator will then book Kimbo vs Tito.

watched it on YouTube (below for anyone interested) and it looked like a total set-up to me. Can't think it was anything other than a 'work' to make Kimbo look strong before another fight with a big name. No way Shamrock wouldn't have put him to sleep if it was an 'on the level' fight.

http://youtu.be/HE76MmqaZ7M

Yeah definitely fishy looking, Kimbo with his hands outstretched in a "OMG IS HE GONNA TAP" fashion. Shamrock could easily have finished it in that position. That's them able to say "Kimbo has been working on his ground game". Why was one of the Road Warriors there btw?

Looks like Dana has another big star in Joanna Jedrzejczyk. Once she got into full flow last night she was phenomenal.

Probably a case for Penne's corner not letting her out after the second round seeing the absolute mess her face was in.

2 old men having a fight, hardly a 'work'

Shamrock just didn't have the strength to finish it properly.

Just watched it again. All it was missing was the Hulk Hogan finger point from Kimbo and it would have been one of the best 2 minute wwe matches ever. Edited by J_Stewart