MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Rumour on Twitter is that Aldo has filled his pants and the title fight is off.

Or a rib injury, coming a couple of weeks after the drug test fiasco...

Been reported on MMA Junkie also. Bit of a fucker if true.

Funnily enough Mcgregor already called this happening (sort of) in an interview in December.

“If I’m being honest I can see a fight between myself and Jose being scheduled for a stadium, either Croke Park or the Aviva Stadium but then I could see Jose pulling [out],” McGregor said.

“But I could see Frankie stepping in.”

Those exam results better be good. I can't wait to see McGregor's reaction on this. We all know injuries do happen in the workd of combat sports but aren't we all tired of seeing important fights being cancelled because of some injuries? Almost 2 weeks before the huge fight and then boom, injury.. I hope as elite fighters, their camps should better prepare precationary measures to avoid fight-postponing injuries during trainings.

Friend sent me the below.

UFC 125: Jose Aldo scheduled to defend his belt for the first time against Josh Grispi, but he was injured in training for the fight. Rather than wait for Aldo to mend, Grispi accepted an interim fight against Dustin Poirier, where he lost, and thus lost his number one contender status. Aldo then defeated Mark Hominick at UFC 129.

UFC 149: Jose Aldo scheduled to fight Erik Koch, but he was injured in training and the bout was rescheduled, only for Koch to get injured this time, and he was replaced by Frankie Edgar for UFC 153, however...

UFC 153: When due to fight Frankie Edgar who was stepping in for Erik Koch, Aldo got injured again. This time the re-scheduled fight between Aldo and Edgar took place three events later at UFC 156.

UFC 176: Jose Aldo scheduled for a rematch against Chad Mendes, but he got injured in training, and instead fought Mendes three events later at UFC 179 in October 2014, he hasn't fought since.

UFC 189 (rumored): Scheduled to face Connor Mcgregor on July 11 2015 but suffers a rib injury in training forcing the bout to be postponed/cancelled.

When it's laid out like that it's pretty fucking infuriating. Either he's made of chocolate or he's not training smart. I imagine it's the latter.

Edited by mrcat1990

Who actually gives a f**k what he said? Just seemed like a load of confused mumbling to me.

Anyway, he looked very impressive, completely destroyed Machida. Decent card all round. Larkin looks really good at 170, hes headin for the top.