MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I think it'd be incredibly difficult to judge what an acceptable injury and what was caused by training like an idiot so agree with your point to an extent. Fact being though if you don't spar like an idiot then it's likely you won't get any silly injuries.

The culture needs to change significantly. Brian Stann did a bit on the JRE podcast talking about softening up on sparring and he was absolutely bang on.

Without having a UFC official in every gym watchibg every UFC fighter there's litterally no way of sanctionin people. How do you determine if it's from daft sparring or not? There's absolutely no way enforcing anything like that.

Sparring hard in the final week of a fight camp when you still have a weight cut ahead of you that week is absolutely retarded though.

Without having a UFC official in every gym watchibg every UFC fighter there's litterally no way of sanctionin people. How do you determine if it's from daft sparring or not? There's absolutely no way enforcing anything like that.Sparring hard in the final week of a fight camp when you still have a weight cut ahead of you that week is absolutely retarded though.

Aye. I was agreeing with you on that. It'd be an incredibly difficult thing to judge and implement. f**k knows what to do but the culture has to change. Somethings gotta give at some point.

Can someone explain why McGregor doesn't corner his guys on TUF. Faber is in the corner of all of his guys. McGregor sits in the stand with the rest of his team screaming over the top of the guys who are cornering the Europeans. It is stupid as f**k and there is no reason for him not to be cornering.

I actually think they might have him fight someone else first. The smart play is of course the Cormier fight, but would anyone really be surprised to see a Gustafsson rematch?

Agreed I think first fight should be Gus but wouldn't be shocked if its DC.

My preference would be DC. Happy to see JJ back

Has to be DC 1st, then rumble. Theres nobody else really apart from them off the top of my head?! Gustafsson doesn't deserve it at all, he needs a couple wins.

Jones vs HW Champ at Ufc 200. Pretty sure i've said that before and i can see it happening.

Aye I was gutted to watch that there. I've never felt myself actually willing someone on as much as I was Rob there (other than being at Glasgow live).

He got beat by the better man but I dare say there's a hell of a lot of lessons to take from that fight? The stand up I think he just edged but he was standing to his back to the cage just waiting on a take down on 2 or 3 occasions... and obviously his wrestling was in a different league.

I think Whiteford will take a lot away from that fight actually.