MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Looking at McGregor there's no chance he could cut to 145 from where he is just now - actually think he'll tip the scale at 155. Also wondering how much chance there is of Cerrone dropping to make Lightweight after coming in at 170 just 2 days ago, and probably putting on weight before fight night.

Really don't know where it'll got from here.

Yeah, definitely at 155. Wins and he gets the chance to fight for the fw belt at ufc 200. Simples.

Aldo is too small for a 155. He got splatted by a 145 McGregor and would get absolutely wrecked again at 155. At 145 he probably has a chance but he won't be moving up that's for sure.

Isn't Aldo a big 145?

Not the smallest by any stretch but he'd be small comparative to most of the lightweights. By comparison he stands at 5"7 whereas say Pettis is 5"10 and much more built. Can't imagine Aldo cuts hard comparative to alot of the lightweights.

Pettis and Cerrone have put their names forward. Wouldn't be against seeing those fights. Same with Nate Diaz.

There's no real upside to Mcgregor fighting though. He's not going to be a two weight champion if he wins and if he loses he can't really be considered for a title shot when RDA is fit again.

Pettis and Cerrone have put their names forward. Wouldn't be against seeing those fights. Same with Nate Diaz.

There's no real upside to Mcgregor fighting though. He's not going to be a two weight champion if he wins and if he loses he can't really be considered for a title shot when RDA is fit again.

Same situation when Aldo pulled out, Conor had plenty to lose by fighting Mendes. Again, he risks taking at least a step back in the LW division. He's not the type to back down though, so I'd expect him to still be on the 196 card.

Edited by banana

:blink:

He got clean knocked out only a few months back. You think he's safe to fight again?

If he got offered the fight then yes obviously he's safe to fight again. He was moaning a little while ago saying he would only take the McGregor fight and nothing else, now he gets his chance and doesn't want it!

Cerrone looks favourite but Diaz, Pettis and Alvarez all showing an interest. Not sure who I want now, Cerrone looks the easiest out of the 4 which is crazy.

If he got offered the fight then yes obviously he's safe to fight again.

I don't trust that this is the case at all. And taking that fight, with two weeks notice and no camp would be rank idiocy on his part. Fair enough for someone down the ladder a bit, but Aldo isn't far off a FW title shot. To take the fight at that notice would increase his chances of losing a fair bit. It's just a stupid idea on almost every front.

If he got offered the fight then yes obviously he's safe to fight again. He was moaning a little while ago saying he would only take the McGregor fight and nothing else, now he gets his chance and doesn't want it!

Cerrone looks favourite but Diaz, Pettis and Alvarez all showing an interest. Not sure who I want now, Cerrone looks the easiest out of the 4 which is crazy.

Because Zuffa haven't shown a disregard for the fighters over profit in the past.

The people who are desperate to fight Conor know that they don't have much to lose and a whole lot to gain by fighting him. A loss doesn't upset the standing of a Cerrone, Diaz or Pettis in the division as Cerrone already lost his title fight and Pettis is already on a two fight losing streak. A win for those guys against McGregor sets them right back in the mixer.

Aldo can't afford another loss to McGregor so soon after the last one, and his career at the top of the weight class is in the balance, so there's no chance I would be taking that fight at 2 weeks notice when I'm not in fighting shape.

Aldo's exact quote about fighting McGregor again was 'anytime, anywhere'. And then later on in the post 'Again... anytime, anywhere.'

He'd be absolutely fine at 155 but I'm not so sure about so soon after that bad KO.

Diaz looks to be the favourite, which is definitely gonna be a lot of fun.