MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I'd say that Silva doesn't realise that he's a man in his 40s who can't fight the same way as he did.

Easy to overlook his age I suppose, given the name.

Classic Moussasi too. Technically brilliant, strong as f**k, calm as f**k, accurate as f**k, beats up the other dangerous looking guy, but somehow boring.

Edited by banana

McGregor and Diaz both looking in great shape for this. I'd also say it looks like the weight McGregor should be fighting at. Shows how impressive he was cutting to 145 for so long.

Edited by GiGi

Diaz was apparently training for a triathlon when he got the call so should be in great nick.

one thing training for a endurance event and a fight lol. He should be in great condition but 2 weeks hardly enough training camp for a fight. Agree great condition though

Not been in here in a while. Agree with others with regards to Bisping, I thought he had it 3-2 also.

I'm not too excited for this weekend as the rest of the card isn't very exciting. I'll probably wake up around 4 to watch Meisha + Conor and then catch the other fights in the morning.

one thing training for a endurance event and a fight lol. He should be in great condition but 2 weeks hardly enough training camp for a fight. Agree great condition though

This is a bit of a big debate just now with coaches regarding whats more important. Training technique or strength and conditioning. I admit Diaz couldn't done with a couple of months to train specifically for McGregor, but his technique may not of improved past his already ample skills. With that and endurance training he should be ok.

This is a bit of a big debate just now with coaches regarding whats more important. Training technique or strength and conditioning. I admit Diaz couldn't done with a couple of months to train specifically for McGregor, but his technique may not of improved past his already ample skills. With that and endurance training he should be ok.

Yeah he'll be fit endurance wise but he's not been in a training camp for a fight. but fight ready is another thing totally surely?

I mean we all expect McGregor to win. but these things must be taken into account its neither fighters fault sh*t happens and these things will continually happen

Edited by paisleysaints

Also, Conor is looking pretty huge:

2qmmcnb.jpg

He's gonna knock RDA out first round, IMO.

McGregor is looking HUGE for his move up to lightweight. Starting to get excited about this fight now.

Conor looks huge

Conor looks fucking massive.

Is it just me or does McGregor look huge?

Yeah he'll be fit endurance wise but he's not been in a training camp for a fight. but fight ready is another thing totally surely?

I mean we all expect McGregor to win. but these things must be taken into account its neither fighters fault sh*t happens and these things will continually happen

In a way. Fighters cardio wise will train heavy on explosive bursts of energy, so alot of sprints etc. However a triathlon is a tough grind which will still see Diaz ok for the time till he's knocked out.

I mean we all expect McGregor to win.

Hmmm. I'm not sure that he'll win.

Diaz' striking is very good, I don't think McGregor will walk him down like he has done with everyone else. Diaz will be able to stand and trade comfortably IMO. For me it all comes down to if McGregor still has the KO power at this weight.

And if it goes to the ground I would expect Diaz to submit him.

Diaz by 3rd round sub!

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Hmmm. I'm not sure that he'll win.

Diaz' striking is very good, I don't think McGregor will walk him down like he has done with everyone else. Diaz will be able to stand and trade comfortably IMO. For me it all comes down to if McGregor still has the KO power at this weight.

And if it goes to the ground I would expect Diaz to submit him.

Diaz by 3rd round sub!

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

More muscle and less of a draining weight cut. I don't think he'll lose any ko power, possibly some of the speed though.