MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Anyway, enough talk about next weeks event. Tomorrow we have a fooking big main event and we don't have to stay up till 5am to watch it.

I'm going out on a limb and calling a Bisping decision, but really it's hard as f**k to call. Is post PED Silva any good? As much as I enjoyed Silva at his absolute peak, I think there's an argument to him dominating at a time when competition wasn't as strong.

Looking forward to seeing what big Breece will be up to also. Probably one of the best prospects at LW for me.

Edited by mrcat1990

I have no idea what to expect from Silva, wouldn't be surprised if he just destroys Bisping but for some reason I see Bisping finishing him. Rivera and Pickett should be class while it lasts.

Surprised Whiteford, Ray or Calderwood didn't get on this card, think it's looking like they'll be on the Rotterdam card (Overeem vs Arlovski)

Breese is WW by the way.

I have no idea what to expect from Silva, wouldn't be surprised if he just destroys Bisping but for some reason I see Bisping finishing him. Rivera and Pickett should be class while it lasts.

Surprised Whiteford, Ray or Calderwood didn't get on this card, think it's looking like they'll be on the Rotterdam card (Overeem vs Arlovski)

Breese is WW by the way.

Mispelled his name and got his weight division wrong. Having a shitemare.

Whiteford currently is a prelim nobody who is low as hell in the pecking. Calderwood is campaigning heavily on social media to get a fight relentlessly and I imagine she'll get something within the coming months. Ray will get a shot at a top ten and that'll be really telling of his status. The lightweight division is fucking stacked.

Stevie Ray is nowhere near a shot at a top ten guy

Dug about a bit looking at the full lightweight rankings and you're probably spot on. Would've thought with his record he'd be a bit further up but he's not even close.

Three wins but he's fought absolutely nobody of any value. To make a comparison, Michael Chiesa won TUF, is now 6-2 in the UFC with wins over guys like Trinaldo and Jim Miller and is only just now cracking the top 15 at LW and hoping to get a 10 guy next, so Ray has plenty work still to do to get anywhere near that kind of spot.

Edited by Christophe

Al 3 guys Ray has fought have been cut immediately after. That goes to tell you the calibre of guy he's fighting.

Fair play to him. He has dusted them all easily. But he's not had a fight that remotely suggests he'd do well against a top 10 guy. He needs to get a step up in competition soon.

That's interesting.

I'd only seen one of Stevie's fights but knew he was 3-0 in the UFC so just presumed he was doing really well; hadn't properly looking into his opponents and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMIcTZ_rdY

That's a cool mini-doc about Conor McGregor. All very recent footage.