MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

There's 0% chance McGregor wins by sub.

I know it's rarer than a Diaz brother forming a coherent sentence, but I just have a feeling Diaz will over extend himself and give away his back, just a feeling though.

If Diaz was to give his back away, he'd take it right back. McGregor is simply not good enough on the ground to submit Diaz.

Highly speculative, we've not seen McGregor on the ground against a grounded or damaged BJJ artist. Saying that, he'd be daft to risk it unnecessarily when his forte is on the feet, where I expect he'll have a considerable overall boxing advantage. Edited by banana

I'd say if he was more skilled on the ground, McGregor would have done more with Mendes. He fought smart against Mendes, and I think Diaz will struggle to do anything with him as well, but as far as going on the offense goes, I don't think he'd be able to finish him.

It's not harsh at all. The Diaz brothers are both thick as mince and don't really give a f**k about the consequences of their actions, or anything else, so it's pretty difficult to psyche someone out who rarely has a thought in his head, and doesn't give a f**k what happens on the few occasions that he actually does.

Looking forward to the fight though. I'm predicting McGregor by decision or submission, not sure which yet, leaning towards a choke.

I guess I just feel sorry for him.

Why is Artem still a signed fighter? Guy literally brings nothing to the table. I think if he wasn't involved in the SBG set up he would have been punted.

Edited by Central

Artem is only there on the back of McGregor. My friends coach is one of the higher level fighters in Cage Warriors and when mate asked him why he hadn't been signed up to UFC, his reply was "They're too busy sucking off Irish people" :lol:

Regarding Tate Holm, I think Tate certainly has a damn good chance and a higher one than the bookies think. An absolute grinder and talented fucker. Probably still pick Holm but may lump a few quid on Tate.

I'd say if he was more skilled on the ground, McGregor would have done more with Mendes. He fought smart against Mendes, and I think Diaz will struggle to do anything with him as well, but as far as going on the offense goes, I don't think he'd be able to finish him.

Fighting a wrestler and fighting a BJJ artist are two completely different ground games.

Anyway, we'll see what happens when Diaz inevitably lies on his back and beckons Conor down.

Artem is only there on the back of McGregor. My friends coach is one of the higher level fighters in Cage Warriors and when mate asked him why he hadn't been signed up to UFC, his reply was "They're too busy sucking off Irish people" :lol:

Regarding Tate Holm, I think Tate certainly has a damn good chance and a higher one than the bookies think. An absolute grinder and talented fucker. Probably still pick Holm but may lump a few quid on Tate.

Agree with him tbh. As much as I like Conor and he brings a whole load to the sport, at times he gets on my nerves. Artem is pure shite and shouldn't be anywhere near the UFC.