MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Got some of my enthusiasm for MMA backnthis last week tbh.

Suspend Khabib from UFC for 6 months. In that time, feed Dillon Danis to him (because it would be fucking hilarious) and feed Conor to Tony Ferguson.

Ban over, Ferguson v Khabib back in UFC.

Conor vs Ferguson would be an insanely entertaining fight, I think.

It seems Conor is pretty set on pushing for a rematch with Khabib though. I’ve gotta give the guy a lot of credit for that, he’s got balls. 

Edited by Londonwell

13 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Conor vs Ferguson would be an insanely entertaining fight, I think.

It seems Conor is pretty set on pushing for a rematch with Khabib though. I’ve gotta give the guy a lot of credit for that, he’s got balls. 

He also sees that the PPV did over 2 million buys in the States, the rematch will do considerably more after all this publicity, and that he'll make an absolute fucking fortune even if he gets another beating, which he will. He's a very good business man, and he can see the $ signs all over a rematch.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, Bandstand said:
Khabib is now threatening to quit the ufc if his teammate gets fired
So either Dana backs rehires the coward that punched McGregor in the back of the head or there will be no rematch

He has to stick to his guns on that one.

I can Khabib sticking to his guns more than I can see Dana

But the thing is ,by himself Khabib isnt much of a draw,his fights are predictable and dull

Dana still has McGregors numbers to fall back on if he calls Khabibs bluff

I can Khabib sticking to his guns more than I can see Dana
But the thing is ,by himself Khabib isnt much of a draw,his fights are predictable and dull
Dana still has McGregors numbers to fall back on if he calls Khabibs bluff
Yeah whilst Conor v Khabib might be peak money, Conor v anyone else is just behind. Even Khabib v GSP would have to be promoted to f**k to catch up. Khabib might be stubborn but if he wants paid its Danas way or the highway. UFC is the cash in his game.

5 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

He also sees that the PPV did over 2 million buys in the States, the rematch will do considerably more after all this publicity, and that he'll make an absolute fucking fortune even if he gets another beating, which he will. He's a very good business man, and he can see the $ signs all over a rematch.

Tbf there’s easier ways for him to make money than getting rag-dolled by perhaps the best p4p fighter in the world. I’m not naive enough to think that, that’s not a massive part of it but i also believe he truly thinks he can win and secure his legacy.

21 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Tbf there’s easier ways for him to make money than getting rag-dolled by perhaps the best p4p fighter in the world. I’m not naive enough to think that, that’s not a massive part of it but i also believe he truly thinks he can win and secure his legacy.

Exactly...as much as he'll know the rematch would make him millions, he's the kind of guy who will genuinely believe that he can fix the flaws in his own game and exploit any weakness Khabib might have (if any).

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Exactly...as much as he'll know the rematch would make him millions, he's the kind of guy who will genuinely believe that he can fix the flaws in his own game and exploit any weakness Khabib might have (if any).

Do you think he'll stay off the coke and bevvy because that would probably help a fair bit?

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Do you think he'll stay off the coke and bevvy because that would probably help a fair bit?

I might be well off the mark but I reckon that defeat was a wake up call for him...IF he wants to return to the top of the game where he believes he belongs then he'll knuckle down and get hyper focused. He seems the type that'll become almost obsessed by beating Khabib and, if they fight again, he'll go into the cage knowing Khabib better than Khabib does.

Edited when I realized I hadn't actually answered your question....

Yes, I reckon he will.

Edited by Cptn Hooch

I might be well off the mark but I reckon that defeat was a wake up call for him...IF he wants to return to the top of the game where he believes he belongs then he'll knuckle down and get hyper focused. He seems the type that'll become almost obsessed by beating Khabib and, if they fight again, he'll go into the cage knowing Khabib better than Khabib does.
And Khabib, being levels above him will smack him about again...

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

And Khabib, being levels above him will smack him about again...

very possibly...but the same was said about Aldo/Alvarez/Diaz (especially after the first fight)

The Diaz rematch is one of the best examples of a fighter fixing his game and knowing his opponent...forget the decision but the way Conor went into it and chopped Nate's legs with kicks rather than load up the left EVERY time like the first fight. He had Nate on the deck a few times and walked off because he had a gameplan and stuck to it. As much as the circus around him makes him a polarizing figure and people love to hate him...that second fight against Diaz is an example of the focus and determination that Conor brings to the octagon.

As I say though...he could very well go in there against Khabib and get ragdolled again but isn't that part of following the fight game?

very possibly...but the same was said about Aldo/Alvarez/Diaz (especially after the first fight)
The Diaz rematch is one of the best examples of a fighter fixing his game and knowing his opponent...forget the decision but the way Conor went into it and chopped Nate's legs with kicks rather than load up the left EVERY time like the first fight. He had Nate on the deck a few times and walked off because he had a gameplan and stuck to it. As much as the circus around him makes him a polarizing figure and people love to hate him...that second fight against Diaz is an example of the focus and determination that Conor brings to the octagon.

As I say though...he could very well go in there against Khabib and get ragdolled again but isn't that part of following the fight game?
It is to a certain degree, but when it is obvious that fighter A is not on the same level as fighter B (no slight on Conor that btw, just something that happens) then I have little appetite for seeing it again.