MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

8 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Adesanya is a weirdo and not half as good as the likes of Rogan and that make him out to be. 

Delighted to see his minimal risk, scaredy cat tactics fail. 

I mean he's one of the best martial artists in the world, he has over 100 fights between his kickboxing and MMA careers and has lost 8 of them. If he's not as good as folk make out then nobody is. 

He might be into stuff other people find weird but we should remind ourselves that Sean Strickland used to be a Nazi, has said previously he hopes he kills someone in a fight and generally acts like a horrible c**t in his every day life. He's a guy who's never beaten a top 5 fighter until now and is a pretty limited fighter so I'm hoping someone quickly batters him and sends him back down the rankings. 

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I mean he's one of the best martial artists in the world, he has over 100 fights between his kickboxing and MMA careers and has lost 8 of them. If he's not as good as folk make out then nobody is. 

He might be into stuff other people find weird but we should remind ourselves that Sean Strickland used to be a Nazi, has said previously he hopes he kills someone in a fight and generally acts like a horrible c**t in his every day life. He's a guy who's never beaten a top 5 fighter until now and is a pretty limited fighter so I'm hoping someone quickly batters him and sends him back down the rankings. 

Poatan to deal with that gimp and set up another match with Izzy IMO.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Poatan to deal with that gimp and set up another match with Izzy IMO.

I'm not sure Pereira will drop back down right now, he might because he knows he can win the belt with his eyes closed but I think he'll go for LHW first. I reckon Du Plessis will get a shot next.

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure Pereira will drop back down right now, he might because he knows he can win the belt with his eyes closed but I think he'll go for LHW first. I reckon Du Plessis will get a shot next.

Du Plessis would work because obviously even if Adesanya sits on his arse till after that fight, its an obvious box office affair to put him in with either Du Plessis or the Strickland rematch. Dana probably delighted with how this went tbh. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Du Plessis would work because obviously even if Adesanya sits on his arse till after that fight, its an obvious box office affair to put him in with either Du Plessis or the Strickland rematch. Dana probably delighted with how this went tbh.

I reckon they were happy either way. Izzy wins they set up Du Plessis for him anyway, this just lets them extend the story a bit. 

• 1 month later...

What do you do when your biggest star breaks his leg, uses some dubious procedures to recover from it and then can't produce clean drug tests to fight again? You simply get rid of the drug testing agency it would seem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/4954512/2023/10/11/ufc-usada-conor-mcgregor-agreement/%3famp=1

The UFC say they aren't trying to be like the WWE but they just are. Rules can't get in the way of a story line. A complete shambles.

57 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What do you do when your biggest star breaks his leg, uses some dubious procedures to recover from it and then can't produce clean drug tests to fight again? You simply get rid of the drug testing agency it would seem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/4954512/2023/10/11/ufc-usada-conor-mcgregor-agreement/%3famp=1

The UFC say they aren't trying to be like the WWE but they just are. Rules can't get in the way of a story line. A complete shambles.

Oh well, the wild west it is then!

Unless there's another anti doping company stepping in, or in-house testing 🙈🤣

Let the juicing commence !

• 2 weeks later...

Doctor gets called for a concussion test,  doctor struggles to get his attention,  he doesn't immediately answer simple questions and when he goes answer doesn't give clear answers back.    Gets called off and then approaches things like been cleared to be put in,  he then acts aggressively to a situation that doesn't need it.    That breaches so many concussion tests,   he's clearly not fit to fight, not tonight, not this week and a good chance for not a few months.   Commentary is over why the doctor didn't give him a few minutes and maybe withdrew him unnecessary? Absolutely ridiculous..  

Jon Jones is out for UFC 295 and now Big Aspinall has a shot for the interim belt and a straight line to Jones.... No idea what Miocic is going to do. I see no mention of him taking a replacement and Jones is going to be out for 8 months, at which point hel want his belt back presumably. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Jon Jones is out for UFC 295 and now Big Aspinall has a shot for the interim belt and a straight line to Jones.... No idea what Miocic is going to do. I see no mention of him taking a replacement and Jones is going to be out for 8 months, at which point hel want his belt back presumably. 

I love Stipe but he's getting old. I just don't see him beating Jones, especially another 8 months down the line. 

Stipe v winner of aspinall and pavlovich would make sense. That's a great replacement fight tbh, both quite young still and hungry!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Covington is a massive piece of shit and I sincerely hope Edwards fucking ends him tomorrow night. 

Always thought that although he was at least a bit of a bell end, Covingtons was a very obvious act to try and sell. 

What he said to Edwards crossed the line for any sane human and for that reason, let's have him head kicked so hard has has to pay to get back in a la Usman please. 

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Always thought that although he was at least a bit of a bell end, Covingtons was a very obvious act to try and sell. 

What he said to Edwards crossed the line for any sane human and for that reason, let's have him head kicked so hard has has to pay to get back in a la Usman please. 

It's definitely an act, there were large parts of his early UFC career where he was very humble and respectful. I think the problem is Colby is now forgetting it's an act and has perhaps embraced it too much. I'm no fan of Masvidal attacking him in a public place but again Colby thought he could get away with talking about his family and ended up needing dental surgery. To mention someones dead dad in the lead up to a fight, when there hasn't really been any personal back and forth, is the behaviour of an absolute scumbag. 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's definitely an act, there were large parts of his early UFC career where he was very humble and respectful. I think the problem is Colby is now forgetting it's an act and has perhaps embraced it too much. I'm no fan of Masvidal attacking him in a public place but again Colby thought he could get away with talking about his family and ended up needing dental surgery. To mention someones dead dad in the lead up to a fight, when there hasn't really been any personal back and forth, is the behaviour of an absolute scumbag. 

Hopefully we see similar to McGregor snivelling "it was just business" whilst Khabib was kicking his c**t in. Its only "just business" if both guys are in in the act.