Belfast Council remove Union Flag

~~~

So now it is 'majority' :lol:

Told you, I am a Prod, from a Proddy family and I can't stand neanderthall religious feckers like you. Backward inbred coont.

What are you and your family Prodesting about exactly?

I just don't care about ROI and for the most part i don't care about NI either (i've already made my feelings clear i think the place is a waste of time and money that brings nothing to the union)

Just because i'm a Celtic fan doesnt mean it's as black as white as either i support the IRA or because i don't make a big song and dance out of others who do means i condone it.

For evil to flourish....blah blah ... good men to do NOTHING.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has a point. It's like Rangers fans as well. It's hard for those of us who don't support either to understand why decent people can, in any conscience, support either team knowing what their fellow fans get up to, and not spontaneously combust due to embarrassment.

I know every team has its roaster fans, which is the obvious counter to this, but we have all heard Celtic fans disgrace themselves in our stadia. I couldn't support the same club as the Gren Brigaid for example.

I don't support the club due to the political stance of some of the fans, but to try and make it out as me an individual must either be a vocal supporter of the IRA or condone it because i don't spend 90mins shouting down others at the game is just a bit silly.

Most of these arseholes are a problem with society, not just a football club.

I've supported Celtic long before the green brigade came into being, and i will support them long after they disappear

I don't support the club due to the political stance of some of the fans, but to try and make it out as me an individual must either be a vocal supporter of the IRA or condone it because i don't spend 90mins shouting down others at the game is just a bit silly.

Again, I agree to an extent, but one of Celtic's biggest problems, and one of the main reasons the club and its fans are despised in Scotland, is the non-condemnation from the supposed decent silent majority.

What you get instead is hand-wringing "I'm not condoning it BUUUUUT ... " type posts. An example would be when the Celtic fannies shamed themselves at Westfield by interrupting the Remembrance Day silence to sing Sean South outside our stadium. Obviously that was only 50 or so cretins, but there was absolutely no condemnation of their behaviour from the supposedly decent Celtic fans. Instead it was whataboutery and blame for the minute's silence itself, not their fellow fans' behaviour.

It's a bit like my point earlier about the lack of criticism of the Nationalist scum who have attacked the peaceful protesters. It's more than reasonable to question people's motives, when they out themselves as only being interested in attacking one set of unacceptable behaviour and not both.

It would be a bit like if I really liked a band, and they were hijacked by right wing nutters who adopted them as their band of choice.

Could I still go to concerts knowing I was sharing that experience with jackbooted scum? No, no I could not.

Again, I agree to an extent, but one of Celtic's biggest problems, and one of the main reasons the club and its fans are despised in Scotland, is the non-condemnation from the supposed decent silent majority.

What you get instead is hand-wringing "I'm not condoning it BUUUUUT ... " type posts. An example would be when the Celtic fannies shamed themselves at Westfield by interrupting the Remembrance Day silence to sing Sean South outside our stadium. Obviously that was only 50 or so cretins, but there was absolutely no condemnation of their behaviour from the supposedly decent Celtic fans. Instead it was whataboutery and blame for the minute's silence itself, not their fellow fans' behaviour.

It's a bit like my point earlier about the lack of criticism of the Nationalist scum who have attacked the peaceful protesters. It's more than reasonable to question people's motives, when they out themselves as only being interested in attacking one set of unacceptable behaviour and not both.

No buts or its from me,

I'm a football fan, that always comes first. I don't bother with all the excess baggage with some of our arsey fans. These people who start fights, sing these songs. I don't have time for them, I wouldn't even piss on them if they were on fire.

One thing that does annoy me, if i'm out watching the game down the boozer and some scummy c**t thinks because we happen to suppor the same team, means we are somehow mates etc..

Nah sorry, not for me. They might be a Celtic fan, but doesn't stop them from being a embarrassing cretin who i want nothing to do with.

Some might say I and others should be doing more, and to an extent I agree. We should be, but me as an individual want nothing to do with these type, let alone spend my free time wasting it on people who clearly are already a lost cause for society.

One of the reasons i only post on P&B, i like the mix of fans with different views, i'll never post on the Huddleboard or that.

Some might say I and others should be doing more, and to an extent I agree. We should be, but me as an individual want nothing to do with these type, let alone spend my free time wasting it on people who clearly are already a lost cause for society.

One of the reasons i only post on P&B, i like the mix of fans with different views, i'll never post on the Huddleboard or that.

Yeah, it is a dilemma. I think everyone here would be lying if they said they hadn't cringed massively when listening to their fellow fans at games.

To be fair you could say the same of Greenock, Methil or any number of Scottish towns.

Methil? is that where the Shankill Butchers retired to?! unsure.gif

No bias there then. smile.gif

Yeah, it is a dilemma. I think everyone here would be lying if they said they hadn't cringed massively when listening to their fellow fans at games.

I might be old fashioned, but to me talking about football down the pub, usually involved speaking about player performances, tactics, management etc..

Not, Rangers, Northern Ireland, bigots, anti Celtic refs.

Bores me to f**k, I've even been accused in the past in 1 unnamed pub down the gallowgate of not being a "real celtic fan, cause a don't pure think the SFA are anti sellick and catholic, ya know wit a mean pal"

If I say no, does that mean they've all been cringing at me? :unsure:

Reluctant to keep the discussion on the Old Firm and not the flag thing but worth pointing out that the IRA chants from the Celtic support existed before the Green Brigade fuds came on the scene. The ridiculous thing is that there will be fuds in the Green brigade who were born after the troubles ended. They are as thick and repugnant as the idiots on the streets of Belfast stoning the police.

Maybe you get the society you deserve. Unless, you live in sub saharan Africa. Or India. Or Gwent (where exactly is that - just covering my bases, like)

Gwent is a county in South East Wales. The biggest town near it is Newport, home to the GLC :D

Well done Princess Kate on your birthday flag keeping the flag bigots off the streets. I hope your liz···baby is healthy and the morning sickness clears up :D

Ian Paisley would have had hundreds of thousands of people protesting, rioting it's just a shame that the numbers aren't as big now as they were. Get the flag back up.

Fixed that for you.

What difference does it make if the flag is up all year round or only on designated days like most councils across the UK?

Fixed that for you.

What difference does it make if the flag is up all year round or only on designated days like most councils across the UK?

I think the fact that the flag has always been flown there means it's wrong to take it down. I know it may sound stupid, but what was the need in bringing it down when it's always been there? Look at the trouble it's causing and it will only get worse.

Archived