Depression

Had a really bad 24 hours. My mate died at the weekend and I ended up on a bender. Had been doing well since my previous post and the meds have been helping. Got a move sorted for the start of February and new job starts in a couple weeks as well. My ex pissed me off as well this morning getting in touch when she found out I've been seeing a new lass. All in all though I've been on the up and since starting on the meds 7weeks ago I've been feeling normal for the first time in months

No need to be dragging up and speculating about speeds death IMO, he is still dead weather he was having a strangle w**k, cry for help or wanted to end it definitely. It helps no one.

Its hard not to be curious about it though. Strangle w**k would probably have been evident at the scene

Maybe I'm getting something wrong, but 7 months on, and nearly 5 years on from last time, it's still shitty

It must be mate, having read your previous posts I'm sure plenty more people would be exactly the same if not worse. I'm not sure if I could cope with what you've been through. If you ever need a chat mate feel free to pm me even if you just want a blether

I give up.
I go to bed feeling tired but I can only seem to sleep for about 3 or 4 hours, then I'm awake again.
Last night I stayed up until 2am (I don't need to be at work until about 2.30pm), still woke up around 4 and can't get back to sleep.
I have no stimuli in my bedroom, I don't read in bed any more, I don't even have a visible clock.
Any suggestions are welcome

I give up.

I go to bed feeling tired but I can only seem to sleep for about 3 or 4 hours, then I'm awake again.

Last night I stayed up until 2am (I don't need to be at work until about 2.30pm), still woke up around 4 and can't get back to sleep.

I have no stimuli in my bedroom, I don't read in bed any more, I don't even have a visible clock.

What's keeping you awake at night?

I give up.

Have you considered sleeping tablets? I've been suffering from stress recently, giving me trouble sleeping at night, and got prescribed with some pills to help me sleep. It's made a world of difference getting a good night's sleep.

I give up.

I remember when I returned from Iraq in 03, I was getting by with 3-4 hours kip. I wasn't stressed or anything but I just found it annoying and frustrating. I was apprehensive about using sleeping tablets so the doctor suggested using lavender spray on the pillow, just before I went to bed. I don't know if it's a placebo effect but it done the trick. The only drawback is that your bed will smell like your granny's.

In other news, I start a new job on Monday which I'm positively buzzing about. I know that my recent, lengthy, unemployment status has contributed to my dark moods. Things are definitely on the up :)

Hang in there guys an gals

I give up.

Do you exercise at all during the day? That may tire you out. Hypnotherapy may help you.

My birthday is in a few weeks and i don't feel like going out for a few drinks :(

I painted my room on my birthday. It was alright.

You don't always need to go out. Do what you want to do.

Though you should definitely go to Dundee and fire in aboot some dirties.

My birthday is in a few weeks and i don't feel like going out for a few drinks :(

Don't go out then. Fucking hell. It's amazing that people are posting about serious problems they have here and then there's this.

Has anyone ever taken Moclobemide/Manerix before? I was put on it yesterday as Citalopram hadn't been working for me, I haven't taken it yet as I won't get the pills until next week but I'm worried about taking it.

Has anyone ever taken Moclobemide/Manerix before? I was put on it yesterday as Citalopram hadn't been working for me, I haven't taken it yet as I won't get the pills until next week but I'm worried about taking it.

Not seen this used much over the years, but by all accounts helps many people.

Keep an eye on your feelings- if you start to feel worse/with dark thoughts, get back to your GP.

Hope it helps you.