January Transfers

Absolutely. I'm convinced.

I didn't realise the Millar option was twenty games actually, although realised Tuffey's was. Is that the same with all the guys who have options, like Miller, Vine etc? Actually makes the summer look far less daunting.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vine definitely has a 20 game option on his contract, other than him I'm not sure. Kyle probably will though.

I must be slipping. How do you cunts know this?

Moon will be the same if that is the case, although he'll obviously struggle.

No idea where you get that from, if we don't keep Griffiths it'll be because a Championship Club offers him higher wages.

:lol:

Nicely sidestepped. Again, how to you think Hibs are going to afford Murphy? You got a spare couple of hundred thousand kicking about like?

I didn't realise the Millar option was twenty games actually, although realised Tuffey's was. Is that the same with all the guys who have options, like Miller, Vine etc? Actually makes the summer look far less daunting.

Yeah I believe that is the case with all those guys. From memory, Vine, Miller, Millar and Tuffey all have that written into their contracts. The former 3 aren't actually too far away from that figure, so we'll soon find out the dynamics of that contract - ie is it automatic or is at the club's discretion?

:lol:

Nicely sidestepped. Again, how to you think Hibs are going to afford Murphy? You got a spare couple of hundred thousand kicking about like?

well seeing as Wolves want £150,000 for Griffiths, and if he isn't signed then yes

I forgot about Moon. There's absolutely no prospect he'll get to 20 appearances though. Poor Mooner.

Ohh gee thanks. :P

It wa slipulated on the website and other sources when Vine signed as well as Millar. It was simply a fail safe to ensure we have enough players signed up next season. Then again neither club nor player has to accept the deal.

Oh and nobody doubted it was Craig, just Anderson. On current form Craig's not looking to be a massive miss, but he's an integral part of our team, but I'm convinced he could be replaced. Not that I think he'll leave.

Yeah I believe that is the case with all those guys. From memory, Vine, Miller, Millar and Tuffey all have that written into their contracts. The former 3 aren't actually too far away from that figure, so we'll soon find out the dynamics of that contract - ie is it automatic or is at the club's discretion?

In the summer I made it those four and Moon when I noted it down, although bizarre stuff from Lomas last week about Moon being out of contract in January? There was a wee delay from when the media announced his deal to the club themselves, so I can only wonder if maybe something changed at the last minute? Was definitely reported a year ago though that he signed for 18 months, with a year option on top of that.

As you say, three of them are getting pretty close. Millar's played 19 games, Miller is on 18 games and Vine has played 16 matches.

I saw that too. I think it'd be a bit bizarre to give a guy a year contract in January taking him to the following January. I know Hibs had that arrangement with Claros, but that's a loan. I guess we'll find out soon enough, but it would be a new one on me

On current form Craig's not looking to be a massive miss, but he's an integral part of our team, but I'm convinced he could be replaced. Not that I think he'll leave.

I think Liam Craig is about playing at his level at the moment. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are on a par with us currently, so maybe would be interested in him and he'd earn more money there. I don't think he's good enough to play in The Championship though and he's not a signing that is going to push any of the three clubs to a higher level. From his point of view though, he's never going to be anything but a decent SPL player, so he may well feel his best option is to make as much money as he can.

It's a contrast to Murray Davidson, who can play at a higher level and will have no interest in playing for clubs like Saints or Hibs next season.

I saw that too. I think it'd be a bit bizarre to give a guy a year contract in January taking him to the following January. I know Hibs had that arrangement with Claros, but that's a loan. I guess we'll find out soon enough, but it would be a new one on me.

That's my thoughts. Either give him six months or the eighteen. Lomas talking rubbish though, surely not!

Go and give it a rest eh?

HH has been right most of the time

laugh.gif Do we have to go this again. There was another thread we did this in and when faced with about 10 quotes of HH revealing who would be signing and none of them actually happening the replies died. So please don't make me trawl the site trying to re-find them.

Just for a point of reference for the past few years I've posted lists of rumours in the Misc. Football section, with some being from sites and others being ones I've made up. I'm "right" about 70% of the time laugh.gif

Anyway the only deal between the clubs would most likely be Wotherspoon returning home. Craig's been linked for years yet constantly says he has no interest in joining them

Archived