January Transfers

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the famous Paul Dummett in defence, it's still leaky?

Yes.

Of course another horrible injury for Darren 'Pique' McGregor hasn't helped either. Iker Samson has been saving about 40 shots per game because we have former Aberdeen ace Lee Mair fucking about at the back.

Goals. It's a gamble, but any team who had a fit focused Garry O'Connor would be on to a winner. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see such a thing again.

To be fair it can't be that easy to get coke in Dingwall. Maybe it would be a good move for him.

The only thing O'Connor is able to score nowadays is cocaine (allegedly).

Just to clarify in my above post I was referring to the refreshing beverage and nothing else. O'Connor just needs to lay off the sugar and caffiene to get a bit of fitness.

:ph34r:

Just to clarify in my above post I was referring to the refreshing beverage and nothing else. O'Connor just needs to lay off the sugar and caffiene to get a bit of fitness.

:ph34r:

Allegedly is my favourite word.

As for O'Connor himself, he's scored once in six starts for Tomsk. I can't imagine his fitness will be anywhere near an acceptable level, as he was hardly the peak of physical fitness when he was playing every week for Hibs never mind having only played six times (albeit at a decent level).

West Ham, Norwich and Celtic to fight it out for Killie's Kelly

Celtic are poised to go head to head with Premier League duo West Ham United and Norwich City in the race for Kilmarnock’s Liam Kelly.

Sportsmail understands the Parkhead club will join the English clubs in sending scouts to Rugby Park for the Boxing Day clash with Hearts.

Kelly is out of contract next year and up for grabs for a nominal fee in January, or could sign a pre-contract and move for free in the summer.

article-2252655-1689C541000005DC-713_468x286.jpgWanted man: Celtic, West Ham and Norwich all want Liam Kelly

The 22-year-old recently won his first Scotland cap as a substitute in the friendly win over Luxembourg. The midfielder has also raised his profile with strikes against Celtic and Aberdeen.

Manager Kenny Shiels plans to open talks with him on a new Kilmarnock contract, but it’s understood Kelly — freed by MK Dons in 2009 — is likely to seek fresh pastures next month, with Ipswich Town also interested.

'I think Liam’s got some time to stay here and it’s important that he stays where he’s learning,’ said Shiels last week.

'I think he’s due to sign a good contract as far as I know. We want him to stay in an environment that’s good for his improvement and the SPL’s certainly providing him with that.'

sad.gif

But reading into the quotes from Kenny himself, it seems more like he may be about to sign a new contract rather than leave. But we'll see. If he does leave, Norwich would be an excellent move for him IMO.

O'Connor just cant seem to sort himself out. When he was focused at Hibs in his second spell he was brilliant, but it only lasted till January as he then went off the rails again, so much so that Fenlon told him to bolt at the end of the season as his attitude and off field 'activities' didn't go down too well. It would be an almighty gamble for someone to sign him up now.

Surely part of what Derek Adams has done well at County has been the team spirit and togetherness of the squad? All loving in the same area not crazily awash with all the distractions of the big cities?

I assumed this is why the Riordan deal faltered, as introducing a guy who is drowning under the weight of his own apparent self worth wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the squad. This is why the O'Connor thing would surprise me greatly.

If Kelly and McLean are going to leave in January and the clubs know for sure that they are, wouldn't it be better to get then to sign a longer contract.

This happened a few years ago with us and Kevin McDonald. The club knew he was a goner and he was about too come to the end of his contract. He done the sensible thing in signing a years contract so dundee would get a few bob for him, £500,000? I could be wrong with that figure but I know it was a 6 figure sum.

It is a fair gamble though and it could put off a few clubs with the fee involved etc.

Archived