January Transfers

Is he still at Sheffield united? Always thought he would have been a better player than he is

Aye he's at United. Did he not pick up an injury or something at Burnley that hindered him?

As has been said he was fantastic. Better than McArthur without doubt, not sure about comparing him to James McCarthy though

As for SPL news I'd expect Riordan to be on trial at a few clubs, while most worryingly Garry Kenneth is expected to be put up for sale

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he still at Sheffield united? Always thought he would have been a better player than he is

They love him down there. They are a pretty big club - the blades. It probably suits MacDonald - not having to try to hard. He was finished at Burnley when he was subbed at half time, whilst they were 5 nil down to Man City. MacDonald got immediately changed and went straight to the pub to down a few pints with his mates from Carnoustie who were down to watch him. They watched the second half on the tv.

He reminds me of Gary Harkins, fantastic ability but in the final analysis - couldn't really give 2 fucks.

Aye he's at United. Did he not pick up an injury or something at Burnley that hindered him?

As has been said he was fantastic. Better than McArthur without doubt, not sure about comparing him to James McCarthy though

As for SPL news I'd expect Riordan to be on trial at a few clubs, while most worryingly Garry Kenneth is expected to be put up for sale

Kenneth will turn up at Dens. That's got Barry Ith signing written all over it.

They love him down there. They are a pretty big club - the blades. It probably suits MacDonald - not having to try to hard. He was finished at Burnley when he was subbed at half time, whilst they were 5 nil down to Man City. MacDonald got immediately changed and went straight to the pub to down a few pints with his mates from Carnoustie who were down to watch him. They watched the second half on the tv.

He reminds me of Gary Harkins, fantastic ability but in the final analysis - couldn't really give 2 fucks.

Definite sleeping giants, I just always viewed him as a premier league player, used to rip us apart, will likely end up back in Scotland in 5-6 years I reckon.

Kenneth will end up at us, we always seem to sign duds in January, see riordan last year.

Kevin mac was doing really well down there including his double against Arsenal. He looked like he was going to have a promising career but its seemed to have taken a backwards step.

Nice wee 10k for youth development I noticed.

Definite sleeping giants, I just always viewed him as a premier league player, used to rip us apart, will likely end up back in Scotland in 5-6 years I reckon.

Kenneth will end up at us, we always seem to sign duds in January, see riordan last year.

is he any worse than Anderson ? He should have his own personal Bomb Squad with him.......ph34r.gif

HIBS have moved to take St Johnstone midfielder Liam Craig to Easter Road.

SunSport understands the Edinburgh club have contacted Saints to tell them they intend to speak to the 26-year-old in January when he enters the final six months of his contract.

Craig has been offered an extension by the Perth side. But Hibs boss Pat Fenlon wants to sign him next month — and could offer a player to Saints boss Steve Lomas to push through a move.

Meanwhile, Fenlon has revealed Hibs won’t head for the winter sun like Celtic — because he would rather spend the cash on a new player.

Neil Lennon will take his Hoops to Spain next month for warm weather training following a hectic first half of the season.

But Fenlon, whose side meet Celtic in Leith tomorrow, insists the Hibees can’t afford such a luxury.

The Irishman is keen to add to his Easter Road squad after watching them slump to just one win in their last five SPL games.

He also has to try and extend the loan deals of Leigh Griffiths, Ryan McGivern and Jorge Claros.

Fenlon said: “That is the size of the club Celtic are. We are not in a position to take the players away.

“I know where we are financially. If I’d asked to do that the answer would probably have been ‘Do you want to go away or do you want a player?’.

“I know what the priorities are, and I’m not sure we can keep all three loan players.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4715416/Craig-top-of-Hibs-hit-list.html#ixzz2GIolxGtk

laugh.gif Do we have to go this again. There was another thread we did this in and when faced with about 10 quotes of HH revealing who would be signing and none of them actually happening the replies died. So please don't make me trawl the site trying to re-find them.

Just for a point of reference for the past few years I've posted lists of rumours in the Misc. Football section, with some being from sites and others being ones I've made up. I'm "right" about 70% of the time laugh.gif

Anyway the only deal between the clubs would most likely be Wotherspoon returning home. Craig's been linked for years yet constantly says he has no interest in joining them

McPake in the summer two days before it happened, then Leigh, and the big goalie and Cairney 3 weeks before he signed now Liam Craig. Forsyth I got wrong but I would love you to go back like you said and drag up the amount I have got right in comparison to wrong. But then again this is pie and bovril and I only post transfer info for my fellow hibees and couldn't care less about other fans etc.

While I'm here though get it up you. Gutted you never took the charity bet I offered 6 pages ago. Not bad for a guess eh?

McPake in the summer two days before it happened, then Leigh, and the big goalie and Cairney 3 weeks before he signed now Liam Craig. Forsyth I got wrong but I would love you to go back like you said and drag up the amount I have got right in comparison to wrong. But then again this is pie and bovril and I only post transfer info for my fellow hibees and couldn't care less about other fans etc.

While I'm here though get it up you. Gutted you never took the charity bet I offered 6 pages ago. Not bad for a guess eh?

Cheers for the info once again mate

Cheers for the info once again mate

No worries mate. Ill never get folk who are quick to diss others that may know a little bit more about something than them and can't wait for them to fail. Nothing better than the sequence of events unfolding on this thread though and just remember haters I posted my info weeks ago before anyone on any forum.

Night xx

My comment about Happy Hibee related to his claim that you were interested in signing Steven Anderson on a free in the summer, only for it to transpire that Anderson was contracted to 2014. Nothing to do with the Craig rumour.

Ah ok. That clears everything up then. Anderson, if I wasn't told I would have wikid it mate but I'm told who were after and don't doubt it because in main it's from guys that know what's happening at my club.

As for the Craig info, not rumour?

Good source mate eh?

Sorry if I've sounded a c**t in last few threads but I've taken a lot of abuse unwarranted by posters for no reason when all I'm going is passing news on to fellow boys who support my club.

Even got r ridiculed for knowing who attacked Deegan and spelt his initials out weeks before that was revealed ffs.

Archived