Sons' sorrow

Have we won a game without Jamie Lindsay in the team?

As everyone on here knows I love spending my (empty) evenings looking up stats.

Anyway, the average points per game per player ratio looks very interesting now. Excluding the players with less appearances than Jaz (5) this is how it stands:

Jamie Ewings - 5 apps - 1.60 PPG

Calum Waters - 13 apps - 1.54 PPG

Jamie Lindsay - 18 apps - 1.50 PPG

Scott Taggart - 15 apps - 1.40 PPG

Kevin Cawley - 19 apps - 1.21 PPG

Obviously these stats don't mean a great deal, but they do confirm the earlier point made by OKI and Squeezebox (I think it was). All of those players have missed chunks of the season - either after not being picked in the case of Jaz and Waters - or through injury in the case of the other 3. Having them all back and in the starting XI should, statistically, make a big difference.

If you're interested the 5 names you don't want to see in the teamsheet (statistically speaking again!) are:

Steven Ross - 5 apps - 0.00 PPG

Scott Brown - 16 apps - 0.50 PPG

Eamonn Brophy - 10 apps - 0.80 PPG

Donald McCallum - 12 apps - 0.92 PPG

Willie Gibson - 21 apps - 1 PPG

All of those players, bar McCallum, are away now. Whilst some (Ross) barely appeared at all others such as Brophy and Brown were decent. Everyone knows my view on Gibson as well, but statistically we were a poorer team with him in it.

I know the stats mean very little, especially obscure ones like this, but it shows just how important a few players are to us. It also shows that Stevie was right to get rid of the players he did when he did.

If anyone's interested then statistically, Mikey Hopkins is our good luck charm with 3 PPG average. But that was in 1 appearance in the 5-0 win over Alloa!

If anyone's still reading, then Gaz is still our top scorer (8), but has yet to register a single assist. The much maligned (by myself) Grant Gallagher has 4 goals (2 in one game mind) and 3 assists in his 30 appearances whilst Kevin Cawley's goal yesterday meant that he has now been involved in 9 of our goals this season (3 goals, 6 assists), the highest of anyone in the squad.

Jon Routledge is our most booked player (10) ahead of Darren Barr (9) and Willie Gibson (6).

Jordan Kirkpatrick has appeared 16 times as a sub, a whopping 8 more than McCallum his nearest challenger for that particular honour and 9 more than the people's favourite striker, Steven Craig.

Kevin Cawley has been taken off the most times (15 in 29 appearances), ahead of Garry Fleming (8 in 31) and Gallagher, Kirkpatrick and Craig (7 in 30, 7 in 23 and 7 in 14 respectively)

Game time wise (and this is another which I'd imagine may change in a few weeks). Jon Routledge leads the way having been on the pitch for 2713 minutes, ahead of Grant Gallagher 2550 and Garry Fleming 2495. Mikey Hopkins has the least, at three minutes.

I've no idea if this is of interest to anyone, but it was right up my street and I felt I had to share it. I'm off to have a mug of Ovaltine* and a read of the paper before bed #MadNightIn

*This bit might not be true, I don't like the stuff, but the rest is.

As everyone on here knows I love spending my (empty) evenings looking up stats.

Anyway, the average points per game per player ratio looks very interesting now. Excluding the players with less appearances than Jaz (5) this is how it stands:

Jamie Ewings - 5 apps - 1.60 PPG

Calum Waters - 13 apps - 1.54 PPG

Jamie Lindsay - 18 apps - 1.50 PPG

Scott Taggart - 15 apps - 1.40 PPG

Kevin Cawley - 19 apps - 1.21 PPG

Obviously these stats don't mean a great deal, but they do confirm the earlier point made by OKI and Squeezebox (I think it was). All of those players have missed chunks of the season - either after not being picked in the case of Jaz and Waters - or through injury in the case of the other 3. Having them all back and in the starting XI should, statistically, make a big difference.

If you're interested the 5 names you don't want to see in the teamsheet (statistically speaking again!) are:

Steven Ross - 5 apps - 0.00 PPG

Scott Brown - 16 apps - 0.50 PPG

Eamonn Brophy - 10 apps - 0.80 PPG

Donald McCallum - 12 apps - 0.92 PPG

Willie Gibson - 21 apps - 1 PPG

All of those players, bar McCallum, are away now. Whilst some (Ross) barely appeared at all others such as Brophy and Brown were decent. Everyone knows my view on Gibson as well, but statistically we were a poorer team with him in it.

I know the stats mean very little, especially obscure ones like this, but it shows just how important a few players are to us. It also shows that Stevie was right to get rid of the players he did when he did.

If anyone's interested then statistically, Mikey Hopkins is our good luck charm with 3 PPG average. But that was in 1 appearance in the 5-0 win over Alloa!

If anyone's still reading, then Gaz is still our top scorer (8), but has yet to register a single assist. The much maligned (by myself) Grant Gallagher has 4 goals (2 in one game mind) and 3 assists in his 30 appearances whilst Kevin Cawley's goal yesterday meant that he has now been involved in 9 of our goals this season (3 goals, 6 assists), the highest of anyone in the squad.

Jon Routledge is our most booked player (10) ahead of Darren Barr (9) and Willie Gibson (6).

Jordan Kirkpatrick has appeared 16 times as a sub, a whopping 8 more than McCallum his nearest challenger for that particular honour and 9 more than the people's favourite striker, Steven Craig.

Kevin Cawley has been taken off the most times (15 in 29 appearances), ahead of Garry Fleming (8 in 31) and Gallagher, Kirkpatrick and Craig (7 in 30, 7 in 23 and 7 in 14 respectively)

Game time wise (and this is another which I'd imagine may change in a few weeks). Jon Routledge leads the way having been on the pitch for 2713 minutes, ahead of Grant Gallagher 2550 and Garry Fleming 2495. Mikey Hopkins has the least, at three minutes.

I've no idea if this is of interest to anyone, but it was right up my street and I felt I had to share it. I'm off to have a mug of Ovaltine* and a read of the paper before bed #MadNightIn

*This bit might not be true, I don't like the stuff, but the rest is.

Fair play and that really makes for interesting reading! I am glad to see the stats back up what a couple of us already thought. Also good to see Taggart and Waters on there. I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if all of those players started a game together. All could fit in fairly easily.

On another note - See Scott Brown played for St Johnstone yesterday and was subbed at HT. No wonder their form has slumped if he is starting. Wasn't a bad player but really was 'meh'.

On another note - See Scott Brown played for St Johnstone yesterday and was subbed at HT. No wonder their form has slumped if he is starting. Wasn't a bad player but really was 'meh'.

Its his first appearance since he returned to us, he's not even made it onto the bench. We're just ravaged by injuries in the middle of the park.

Its his first appearance since he returned to us, he's not even made it onto the bench. We're just ravaged by injuries in the middle of the park.

I trust you didn't notice he was playing, until the tannoy announcement said he'd been taken off, and you thought that was strange because he'd actually been playing fine?

That's how I felt during every single appearance for us. He was actually excellent at RB, certainly looked more at home there than the middle of the park, that's where I can see his future lying.

I trust you didn't notice he was playing, until the tannoy announcement said he'd been taken off, and you thought that was strange because he'd actually been playing fine?

That's how I felt during every single appearance for us. He was actually excellent at RB, certainly looked more at home there than the middle of the park, that's where I can see his future lying.

I wasn't there, but he was seemingly decent without being spectacular, which I picked up as being fairly normal based on his time at you lot. Subbed off at half time for "tactical" reasons.

His contract expires with us in the Summer btw, and as it stands its looking more likely he'll be released than kept on.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I wasn't there, but he was seemingly decent without being spectacular, which I picked up as being fairly normal based on his time at you lot. Subbed off at half time for "tactical" reasons.

His contract expires with us in the Summer btw, and as it stands its looking more likely he'll be released than kept on.

That sounds like an absolutely classic Scott Brown performance to be honest.

If you let him go in the summer then I wouldn't be shocked to see him back with us, think Stevie rated him quite highly - just the budget wouldn't stretch as far as keeping him and we're fairly well covered in the middle of the park.

That sounds like an absolutely classic Scott Brown performance to be honest.

If you let him go in the summer then I wouldn't be shocked to see him back with us, think Stevie rated him quite highly - just the budget wouldn't stretch as far as keeping him and we're fairly well covered in the middle of the park.

At the time we seemed fairly well covered and looking through the squad it might seem that way. But Stevie's reluctance to play Cawley, Kirky and possibly even Fleming in there best/most natural positions actually meant we have appeared to look short in that area - especially when Jamie was out a couple of weeks ago.