Sons' sorrow

That's 2 points maximum. Rangers will hammer us and I can't see us beating Queens or Raith, even if one seems to have given up and the other plays their U20s.

I was meaning that I can't see us even getting 2 points from those games hence the reason I said your positive.

Finished 4-1 Stenny. The terrier was rampant apparently.

The very game that launched the sparkling career of a certain Joe Savage, while we gubbed Arbroath at Gayfield to take it to the last day of the season, at home to Alloa.

We lost out on promotion, which could ultimately be traced back to John Gemmell's extra-time winner against us at New Douglas Park.

That was a great season.

We're five ahead of Livingston with four to play. It's not so many years ago that Morton were ten ahead with four to go, and we finished a point ahead of them, if I've remembered the situation correctly. That's why I'm in Nowhereman's camp, and will be taking nothing for granted.

Morton Hibsing it long before Hibsing it was fashionable.

I think it might have been the one full season that Brian Fairley spent with us. There was some rumour of an alleged betting scandal involving Morton players. I definitely wouldn't name Alex Williams as one of these though. Pretty sure Morton were 10 up with 12 to play for and they made a complete Jordan Spieth of it. That taught me never to take anything for granted when it comes to football.

Ok, yes that was a great season, however, just as in 2009 with Cowden's collapse, it required us to take points to overtake them. The response from Sons support when we missed promotion by one point in that Fairley season was pretty much that we had spawned third place ( a play off spot these days). Anyhoo, as I said, Livi have only three games and we have four. Even if we take nothing from our games, Livi need a win and two draws minimum. It could happen but it's highly unlikely.

^^^Not style icons

^^^Style icon

I think it's nice, and it's certainly a bit more 'Dumbartony' than the current, generic teamwear one.

I'd actually quite like to see us avoid 'Dumbartony' next season and opt for something completely different. Nowhereman should design us somethin fabulous IMO.

The home top has to be Dumbartony af mind you, white with bands etc etc.

^^^Not style icons

^^^Style icon

I think it's nice, and it's certainly a bit more 'Dumbartony' than the current, generic teamwear one.

Not a style icon? I'll have you know that I am currently wearing a Simon shirt, Loon pants and a pair of beetle crushers. When you consider that this is dress down day at the Millburn that perhaps puts my credentials in proper perspective.

I'd hope the council are as accommodating when it comes to our mysterious new ground.

http://www.clydebankfc.com/club-statement/

I don't want the council anywhere near our stadium to be honest, corrupt bunch of cuntbags.  I hope it works out for the Bankies but I'd have serious doubts about owing the council money to play at your ground.

^^^Not style icons

^^^Style icon

Today I learn I'm not a style icon. Not for me... Last departure from gold/white/black that I liked was the dark blue top, can't remember the year but ballantines were the sponsor in a gold logo. Edited by albundy

I don't want the council anywhere near our stadium to be honest, corrupt bunch of cuntbags. I hope it works out for the Bankies but I'd have serious doubts about owing the council money to play at your ground.

Greenock juniors and port Glasgow juniors have both had issues with owing money to the council to play at their own grounds, there is talk of Greenock folding due to this. I wouldn't be wanting us to be tenants of the council either

Kit chat already!! (by the way - I reckon we still need two more points to be sure)

Assuming we were sticking with Joma stuff (I have no idea)

The best off the shelve option is:

20150227153347.100236.201.jpg

Or if it's something like our current kit that's modified to suit us then versions of these seem most likely:

Emotion-Jersey-White.png 20151109175420100516201-Vyg6ta.png

In terms of away strips, if it was up to me I'd be very tempted to try something a little different and go with:

20151110132658100417159.png

with a monochrome style badge!

or if you want to stick to something more traditional there are a few options on the sampdoria style kit:

20151109175420100516121.png 20151110090341100516703.png 20151110090341100516907.png

or possibly something more like

100224700.png

Changing the subject completely, my lecturer who I spoke about earlier wrote a wee thing about his new found love for DFC:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/james-mahon/scottish-footballs-semipr_b_9679360.html

It does read as if he's a recent convert. A kind of beginners' guide and as such, not too bad. Another one though, who is under the impression that the SPL still exists under that name. Not as bad as almost all the Radio Scotland presenters who don't realise that the SPFL is not just the top division.

Kit chat already!! (by the way - I reckon we still need two more points to be sure)

Assuming we were sticking with Joma stuff (I have no idea)

The best off the shelve option is:

20150227153347.100236.201.jpg

Or if it's something like our current kit that's modified to suit us then versions of these seem most likely:

Emotion-Jersey-White.png 20151109175420100516201-Vyg6ta.png

In terms of away strips, if it was up to me I'd be very tempted to try something a little different and go with:

20151110132658100417159.png

with a monochrome style badge!

or if you want to stick to something more traditional there are a few options on the sampdoria style kit:

20151109175420100516121.png 20151110090341100516703.png 20151110090341100516907.png

or possibly something more like

100224700.png

I knew a good new kit debate would encourage you to re-appear  :lol:

It does read as if he's a recent convert. A kind of beginners' guide and as such, not too bad. Another one though, who is under the impression that the SPL still exists under that name. Not as bad as almost all the Radio Scotland presenters who don't realise that the SPFL is not just the top division.

To be fair he's lived in Chattanooga or something for the past 4 years, and before that Sheffield and Ireland so his Scottish football knowledge probably won't be all that great. I will however get him telt about the SPL thing  :lol:

I'm quite hurt he never told me he was doing it to be honest. I could've bored him senseless with DFC chat.

I knew a good new kit debate would encourage you to re-appear  :lol:

To be fair he's lived in Chattanooga or something for the past 4 years, and before that Sheffield and Ireland so his Scottish football knowledge probably won't be all that great. I will however get him telt about the SPL thing  :lol:

I'm quite hurt he never told me he was doing it to be honest. I could've bored him senseless with DFC chat.

get him telt also about Nade's "two stunning goals".  Wouldn't really describe his 2nd as stunning, in particular  :lol:

Edited by Boghead ranter

I knew a good new kit debate would encourage you to re-appear :lol:

To be fair he's lived in Chattanooga or something for the past 4 years, and before that Sheffield and Ireland so his Scottish football knowledge probably won't be all that great. I will however get him telt about the SPL thing :lol:

Tell him too that the castle was there rather a long time before the 18th century. As for being the only former champions to have not graced the 'SPL' , I don't recall Third Lanark ever being close!

get him telt also about Nade's "two stunning goals".  Wouldn't really describe his 2nd as stunning, in particular  :lol:

Every goal the Prince scores is stunning in its own way

Tell him too that the castle was there rather a long time before the 18th century. As for being the only former champions to have not graced the 'SPL' , I don't recall Third Lanark ever being close!

*Takes out notebook*

"James, I've got a few points of feedback from the internet about your article"