Sons' sorrow

We're five ahead of Livingston with four to play. It's not so many years ago that Morton were ten ahead with four to go, and we finished a point ahead of them, if I've remembered the situation correctly. That's why I'm in Nowhereman's camp, and will be taking nothing for granted.

To be fair, Livingston only have 3 to go. I'm not saying it's impossible, but 5/9 points available (and us to pick up 0) would be pretty remarkable from Livi.

Do you maybe mean Cowden in 2009? Whatever, Livi have three to play and need five points from the three, assuming we get no points from our four games. It's not impossible and I'm not taking anything for granted. However it would be unlikely.

I think it might have been the one full season that Brian Fairley spent with us. There was some rumour of an alleged betting scandal involving Morton players. I definitely wouldn't name Alex Williams as one of these though. Pretty sure Morton were 10 up with 12 to play for and they made a complete Jordan Spieth of it. That taught me never to take anything for granted when it comes to football.

I think it might have been the one full season that Brian Fairley spent with us. There was some rumour of an alleged betting scandal involving Morton players. I definitely wouldn't name Alex Williams as one of these though. Pretty sure Morton were 10 up with 12 to play for and they made a complete Jordan Spieth of it. That taught me never to take anything for granted when it comes to football.

Yes, I seem to remember an already-relegated Stenny winning at Cappielow towards the end of that season, despite (unusually) having a Jack Russell terrier at left-back.

If it's the season I remember, Morton were about 20 points clear at Christmas. They came to us early January and I think we beat them 3-0 or 3-1. The capitulationstarted after that.

They ended up a point or two below us at the end of the season in fourth place, IIRC, and we missed out on a promotion because Hamilton pipped us to second place by a point or two on the last day.

I can't remeber who won the league that year.

Do you maybe mean Cowden in 2009? Whatever, Livi have three to play and need five points from the three, assuming we get no points from our four games. It's not impossible and I'm not taking anything for granted. However it would be unlikely.

We've stiill to play a Hibs team that are guaranteed a play-off place, and are playing worse that at any time I can ever remember - 5 points from 24 as it stands. Surely Hibs will "Hibs it" when we play them? They've "Hibsed it" for weeks now, so maybe we can get a point - or three - as they take their foot off the gas again, in preparation for their demise in the play-offs? :lol:

Great result tuesday in the carribean on holiday and was worrying till i got a decent wifi connection. Was talking to a morton fan out here who reckons we are safe. Did someone say livi aren't playing this weekend.

Yeah, Livi don't have a game on Saturday.  Livi play their last 3 games in the space of 7 days, they have Rangers on the Tuesday that we're at Hibs.