Sons' sorrow

Game against Alloa moved to Sunday. The Raith rovers game moved to Saturday evening . The hibs game moved to midweek. In addition the Rangers and QOS games also in midweek. That leaves only the st Mirren game and no doubt it will be played at 4 o'clock on a Thursday morning. Does anyone give a damn about the paying supporters. Feel sorry for our part time players. Sons could end up relegated due to this nonsense.

Balls.

If we get relegated it's not because a few of our fixtures got moved.

It's down to our form over the course of a 9-month season. It's down to being able to beat Hibs one week, then surrendering tamely to Livi the following week.

Don't feel sorry for players, we've a few seasoned Pro's who know the score, or should.

Anybody care to copy and paste the email up here, I don't seem to have got it.

Buzzing for a 1-1 draw against East Stirlingshire in February 2020 under the (fully powered) floodlights at the Renton Dome. Should be some spectacle. 

Make that Edinburgh City.....

So our last away goal was 110 days ago - or to put it another way 30% of a year ago.

That's pretty remarkable that, surely the longest away goal drought in Scottish football?

I think that demonstrates pretty clearly how tactically inept we have been away from home this season, and the gaffer deserves the criticism for that. If you set up to defend a 0-0 for ninety minutes you're pretty stuffed when the opposition score and there's no plan B. We've done that far too often this season. Almost understandable at Ibrox and Easter Rd. Not acceptable anywhere else.

I think that demonstrates pretty clearly how tactically inept we have been away from home this season, and the gaffer deserves the criticism for that. If you set up to defend a 0-0 for ninety minutes you're pretty stuffed when the opposition score and there's no plan B. We've done that far too often this season. Almost understandable at Ibrox and Easter Rd. Not acceptable anywhere else.

Aye, we're far, far too conservative away from home and it's got to change if we're to stay up imo.

By the time we get to our next away game it'll be 130 days. Mental. Anybody know the club record for longest period of away games without a goal?

If we go into the Alloa game needing a result - as I suspect we will - I wouldn't be hugely confident, despite them not winning a single home game this season.

I actually think we're too conservative at home as well.  We just cannot take the game to a team, which is why the play-offs fill me with dread should we end up there - we won't be able to sit back and let Ayr/Peterhead/Stranraer attack us and hit them on the counter, we'll need to control the game and I have no confidence in us doing that.  But, it's still in our hands with 5 to go and we'd have bitten your hand off for that pre-season.  Winning our game in hand is absolutely massive.

I actually think we're too conservative at home as well. We just cannot take the game to a team, which is why the play-offs fill me with dread should we end up there - we won't be able to sit back and let Ayr/Peterhead/Stranraer attack us and hit them on the counter, we'll need to control the game and I have no confidence in us doing that. But, it's still in our hands with 5 to go and we'd have bitten your hand off for that pre-season. Winning our game in hand is absolutely massive.

Moonster knows.You've tapped my mind and written my thoughts.

Utterly dreading the thought of our 0-0 hunters taking part in a play off.

A win on Tuesday would be the biggest result of our season. Baws and fannys crossed please ladies and gents.

About as good an outcome as we could have hoped for tonight. One more game ticked off without Livi making ground.

That's pretty much the way I looked at the Livi result last night, and will probably be looking at each round of fixtures from here on in.

We'll probably need to win a game before we reach the final day, but if Livi don't gain ground on us between now and then, then it doesn't really matter to me how it's done.

I wasn't there last night but I was taken today by the comments of Rangers-supporting workmates, who to a man and woman were really impressed by Sons' defensive showing. As one guy said, quite a few teams may well have buckled early on in such an occasion.

But we certainly didn't and that really gives me some hope and reassurance about the morale in the camp. Add to that the fact that Livvy and ourselves have each taken one point from the last two games, with ours being arguably the harder shift.

So what happens now ? Anything less than a Livvy win at Cappielow should be seen as a minorbonus and should that happen, then we really need to be fired up for QoS next Tuesday. Stevie Aitken has got to firstly convince HIMSELF that three home games in succession can take us towards survival and then get that message across to the players. Here's hoping.

Aye, we're far, far too conservative away from home and it's got to change if we're to stay up imo.

By the time we get to our next away game it'll be 130 days. Mental. Anybody know the club record for longest period of away games without a goal?

In the last forty years, we did go seven away games without scoring between 7th August until 1st February in 2010/11. We're currently eight games without an away goal.

In the last forty years, we did go seven away games without scoring between 7th August until 1st February in 2010/11. We're currently eight games without an away goal.

Where's Pat Walker when you need him, eh?

Genuinely though, where is Pat Walker? Last I heard he was at Troon, but I think he's left them now. I'm going to take to Twitter and track him down.

post-33799-0-52634100-1459969738_thumb.j

Where's Pat Walker when you need him, eh?

Genuinely though, where is Pat Walker? Last I heard he was at Troon, but I think he's left them now. I'm going to take to Twitter and track him down.

attachicon.gifpattt.jpg

My girlfriend was on a placement last year with a guy who was good mates with Patch. She showed me Facebook snaps of the two of them indulging in one of those 'escape' game things in Glasgow.

Perhaps he never escaped :(