Sons' sorrow

Delighted for him, loves proving the h8rz wrong, loves the Sons, loves the Twitter bantz, accepted me on Facebook & hates the Hibs

When was the last time a Sons player got divisional POTM? I vaguely remember Jon McShane a few years back, but surely there's been someone since him

I don't think the sfl had divisional awards for players, only managers. They had an sfl player of the month and young player of the month and as far as I can recall a Dumbarton player has never won either.

I don't think the sfl had divisional awards for players, only managers. They had an sfl player of the month and young player of the month and as far as I can recall a Dumbarton player has never won either.

There used to be an Irn Bru award dished out monthly but as you said it was for all SFL divisions.

'Phenomenal' player of the month or something like that. I vaguely remember them getting a pair of Irn Bru coloured boots as well :lol:

A quick google search shows Adamson and Jon McShane both picked up a monthly award in Feb 2011.

There used to be an Irn Bru award dished out monthly but as you said it was for all SFL divisions.

'Phenomenal' player of the month or something like that. I vaguely remember them getting a pair of Irn Bru coloured boots as well :lol:

A quick google search shows Adamson and Jon McShane both picked up a monthly award in Feb 2011.

Yup, that's the one I remember. I had those boots too  :lol:

Apropos of not much and this isn't an April fool. However, I wonder if any of you know the guy who owns the smaller of the two general stores at the Bellsmyre shops? Apart from a height advantage of a couple of inches, he's a dead ringer for Steve Aitken.

I have no idea, you may be correct.

I'm just severely ganting to read the utter seethe from the Rangers hoardes over 'Y IS IT NOT LEE WALLUS'. I will absolutely be looking to take advantage of this trolling opportunity.

Oh FFS!  I sought out this thread specifically because I just read on The Beeb website that Big Christian was CPOTM and wanted to congratulate him and to say it gives hope for all we larger blokes who can't jump either.

You've spoiled it now!

"Larger blokes who can't jump". I'm assuming you've never seen Nade play, aye? The boy rises like a Klipspringer scaling a cliff.

I'm shocked he hasn't spent the last month watching Nadè rise like a salmon above Mark Oxley to nod home the second against Hibs. Big moment in both club's seasons.

Oh FFS! I sought out this thread specifically because I just read on The Beeb website that Big Christian was CPOTM and wanted to congratulate him and to say it gives hope for all we larger blokes who can't jump either.

You've spoiled it now!

:lol: apologies Kinky

I can only reiterate Moonsters comments. The big yin is like a sockeye during the great migration to spawn. Witnessing big Nade fly through the air before connecting with a bullet heider is a sight to behold, an absolute thing of beauty.

I can only hope you get to witness this for yourself on Tuesday evening.

"Larger blokes who can't jump". I'm assuming you've never seen Nade play, aye? The boy rises like a Klipspringer scaling a cliff.

I'm shocked he hasn't spent the last month watching Nadè rise like a salmon above Mark Oxley to nod home the second against Hibs. Big moment in both club's seasons.

I came on to wish the boy well and, of course, I take an interest in what happens in our league.

Oh and you say 'leaping like a salmon' and I say 'barely breaking stride':

Apropos of not much and this isn't an April fool. However, I wonder if any of you know the guy who owns the smaller of the two general stores at the Bellsmyre shops? Apart from a height advantage of a couple of inches, he's a dead ringer for Steve Aitken.

I can back you on that! Grew up in Bellsmyre and as soon as Stevie Aitken signed on I said to my brother they were spitting images of one another. Derek is the guy who works/worked in the shop :lol:

I can back you on that! Grew up in Bellsmyre and as soon as Stevie Aitken signed on I said to my brother they were spitting images of one another. Derek is the guy who works/worked in the shop :lol:

Nice guy. I've bumped into him at a couple of Cash and Carry outlets. My daughter said 'Dad is that Steve Aitken?' :rolleyes:

For any Sons fans hoping to watch Tuesday's game on Rangers TV then you're out of luck. Champions league dictatorship in full flow that evening.

I might need to just grate my dick and go now :(

Even worse that they can win the league against us after that Raith equaliser.