Sons' sorrow

Sorry.

Gerry Collins got the first two from identical Jimmy Murphy crosses. McInally got the third. We HAD to win to stay up that day. 8 booked and 1 sent off. Playful pitch invasion NO glaring opposition fans.

I was second on the pitch to cuddle Big Gerry first time round, he was sweaty and kind of slippery.

McInally's goal was a peach.

Happy Days.

PS Don't remember any bother.

My dad used to take me and a friend to the games when I was like 8 or 9 but we would just run round boghead terracing rather than watch the game, so I have no idea what my first game was! Must have been early 80s,

First game I remember was when Dumbarton secured promotion to premier league vs Clyde. Sure we came from behind to secure a draw....I was on the pitch ðŸƒðŸ»

After that I just lived for Saturday's!

Edited by stu20vt

Sorry.

Gerry Collins got the first two from identical Jimmy Murphy crosses. McInally got the third. We HAD to win to stay up that day. 8 booked and 1 sent off. Playful pitch invasion NO glaring opposition fans.

I was second on the pitch to cuddle Big Gerry first time round, he was sweaty and kind of slippery.

McInally's goal was a peach.

Happy Days.

PS Don't remember any bother.

I got the scorers wrong fair enough. However there was bother. A friend of mine and I had taken our wives to the game and had to go on to the track to avoid the fisticuffs as the fans switched ends at half time.

My dad used to take me and a friend to the games when I was like 8 or 9 but we would just run round boghead terracing rather than watch the game, so I have no idea what my first game was! Must have been early 80s,

First game I remember was when Dumbarton secured promotion to premier league vs Clyde. Sure we came from behind to secure a draw....I was on the pitch

After that I just lived for Saturday's!

So was everybody!

It's a wee while until sign on Tuesday. So I thought folk could recall first game as a sons fan.

My own is easy 4 1 friendly win against my local team Clydebank. Only four seasons ago but had a great time and season ticket bought for this season.

Dumbarton 4 v 0 Arbroath, 2nd November 1957!  Hughie Gallacher, Les Brown, Andy Jardine, jumpers for goalposts, small boys lifted over the turnstiles, "Last train to San Fernando" blasting out of the tannoy.........them were the days!!

First game 1970 (I think). Queen's PK away at Hampden. I remember running up an down the steps in the North Enclosure for most of the game. We won 2-0., Trialist goalkeeper saved a penalty and signed after the game - the legend that was Lawrie Williams.

Mine was a 1-2 defeat at home to Ayr United in the Scottish Cup in January 1980. The team featured Graeme Sharp and Brian Gallacher and there were lots of scouts watching both of them.

My (future) father-in-law took me and one of his friends knew Brian Gallacher well. I remember being introduced to him after the game and listening in awe, as a young 12 year old, about the teams he was in talks with.

Dumbarton 1 - 0 Dundee Utd at boghead, I think about 1995. Martin mooney scored a screamer to win it. That was the season we got relegated with I think 11 points.

Yes, great goal by Mooney.

Followed by some ral hammering so from United the rest of that season.

And yes, we were relegated with 11 points, but what made it worse IIRC, was that Clydebank relegated us: 2-1 I think aBoghead.

Yes, great goal by Mooney.

Followed by some ral hammering so from United the rest of that season.

And yes, we were relegated with 11 points, but what made it worse IIRC, was that Clydebank relegated us: 2-1 I think aBoghead.

Yeah did we not lose 8-1 at tannadice that year too? Ah well, we've had some better times since lol