Sons' sorrow

Am I right in saying this 5 players chat has just been circulated after someone overheard Aitken talking to a fan pre match? I'm a bit skeptical to say the least. Interesting if it's true though, it completely changes the squad.

It's true. Said it in sons TV interview after the match as well

I see the Jordan McMillan ching ban is up shortly. Wouldn't be against him coming in if he's kept himself fit enough.

He was playing for pollok amateurs last season apparently.

I would be really surprised if we signed 5 players. I agree that we need about 5 but with Aitken being adamant for weeks that we are going to run with 16/17 I can't see 5 coming in. Also doesn't give new players long to bed in with new teammates before opener on Saturday! So even with new faces I would assume Saturday's starting line up is going to be much the same as we've seen so far

6 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

He was playing for pollok amateurs last season apparently.

I would be really surprised if we signed 5 players. I agree that we need about 5 but with Aitken being adamant for weeks that we are going to run with 16/17 I can't see 5 coming in. Also doesn't give new players long to bed in with new teammates before opener on Saturday! So even with new faces I would assume Saturday's starting line up is going to be much the same as we've seen so far

I agree to an extent. It is ridiculous that he has gone on about smaller squads etc etc... but now we are left needing players in last minute. I reckon there has been an element of reality hitting home. Whether that is with the club, board or manager I don't know.

I think we have all seen what we expected to see. The squad as it is, struggling to keep up with the pace and the fixtures we have played so far. Stevie may have gone asking for more money or maybe the club have realised that it is necessary to bring in a few more bodies if they want to stay in the league this year.

Either way, he did say after the Peterhead game we could see 5 coming in. We need 3 or 4. But 5 would be welcome - as long as they aren't panic signings! Which is my fear at this stage.

This might be purely coincidental, but Scott Brown posted the below on twitter last night. I think your manager rated him and he's still without a club. Wouldn't be too surprised if he's one of your five. He was excellent against Celtic at the tail end of last season in his last game for us, although he had a trial for Queens and failed to win a contract I think.

This might be purely coincidental, but Scott Brown posted the below on twitter last night. I think your manager rated him and he's still without a club. Wouldn't be too surprised if he's one of your five. He was excellent against Celtic at the tail end of last season in his last game for us, although he had a trial for Queens and failed to win a contract I think.

Stop it Kyle.

You're starting off our exciting week in the most boring, meh way possible.

13 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

The five new signings will be Pedro Moutinho, Armand One, Fabian Yantorno, Joel Kasubandi and Paul Maxwell.

Did you hear Paul Maxwell has joined Possil YM amateurs or something from Irvine Meadow by the way.

Some serious money kicking about in ammies apparently

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Did you hear Paul Maxwell has joined Possil YM amateurs or something from Irvine Meadow by the way.

Some serious money kicking about in ammies apparently

I did not hear that. I'm not really in the loop with amateur signings.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I did not hear that. I'm not really in the loop with amateur signings.

I just stumbled across the amateur forum on here and clocked it. I'm sure the expenses he's getting paid will be very basic.

Anyway. Scott Brown. Well, he's hardly exciting but, in the situation we're in, we could do an awful lot worse. Given Pettigrew's somewhat shaky performances at RB I wouldn't be against playing him in there after his MOTM performance against Alloa last season.

He's versatile and competent enough to be a fairly risk free, if uninspiring, signing.

Let's not talk about Osei-Obengo, eh?