Sons' sorrow

Hope you're right as the team is simply picking itself.Also given the reduced squad and now the sudden turnaround of bringing in another 5 new faces(AS MENTIONED EARLIER).wHERE IS IT SUPPOSED WE GOT THE EXTRA CASH FROM?

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We can play trialists tonight, so it's not the end of the world if we don't hear the confirmation before the match.  Stevie was talking on Saturday as if loan deals were done and it was just a matter of waiting on the clubs releasing the players to us. If we've signed nobody by Saturday then we can perhaps be disappointed and worried, but I'm sure we'll hear something.

Please stop using capitals randomly, Lorenzo. It looks like you're shouting and it's all a bit unnecessary. 

I suspect we'll have some trialists tonight who will sign shortly after. Just a hunch if we don't get any signing news this afternoon.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

Hope you're right as the team is simply picking itself.Also given the reduced squad and now the sudden turnaround of bringing in another 5 new faces(AS MENTIONED EARLIER).wHERE IS IT SUPPOSED WE GOT THE EXTRA CASH FROM?

I'm a bit skeptical of us bringing in 5 players, I just can't see it, but it's possible we've gotten sponsorship from external sources like was rumoured to help out with Nade signing last year. I'd suggest loaning out Clark and Kassarate as an option to free up some extra cash (however slight), it's obvious they won't play this year.

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Please stop using capitals randomly, Lorenzo. It looks like you're shouting and it's all a bit unnecessary. 

I suspect we'll have some trialists tonight who will sign shortly after. Just a hunch if we don't get any signing news this afternoon.

I do beg your pardon.Im not shouting...just got the caps lock the wrong way round.Did not mean to upset you.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm a bit skeptical of us bringing in 5 players, I just can't see it, but it's possible we've gotten sponsorship from external sources like was rumoured to help out with Nade signing last year. I'd suggest loaning out Clark and Kassarate as an option to free up some extra cash (however slight), it's obvious they won't play this year.

Yeah outside help has come in a few times over the last number of years.I do though think its a shame that if we signed kassarate and clark that we dont then use them at all.Would rather they stayed personally than loaning them out.Cant see them being on much money.

Just now, lorenzo71 said:

Yeah outside help has come in a few times over the last number of years.I do though think its a shame that if we signed kassarate and clark that we dont then use them at all.Would rather they stayed personally than loaning them out.Cant see them being on much money.

We've seen McCallum fail to develop as a player because he basically spent 2 years gathering splinters in his backside on the bench. If we aren't going to play players - which Stevie evidently won't in the case of Kass and Clark - then I'm all for loaning them out. They'll learn more in 6 months of competitive football than they will have in their entire careers to date.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We've seen McCallum fail to develop as a player because he basically spent 2 years gathering splinters in his backside on the bench. If we aren't going to play players - which Stevie evidently won't in the case of Kass and Clark - then I'm all for loaning them out. They'll learn more in 6 months of competitive football than they will have in their entire careers to date.

...and then they will be freed!!!!Mccallum wasnt loaned out as far as i can remember and now at least should have a chance of first team football.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

...and then they will be freed!!!!Mccallum wasnt loaned out as far as i can remember and now at least should have a chance of first team football.

Nope McCallum wasn't loaned out, hence why he's been on the fringes of our squad - getting 20 minute first team appearances every few weeks - for the best part of 3 years now.

Is he a noticeably better player than he was when he made his debut? Nope. Would he have learned anything playing with our U20s last year when he was evidently too good? Nope.

A loan spell would've been absolutely ideal for him.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Nope McCallum wasn't loaned out, hence why he's been on the fringes of our squad - getting 20 minute first team appearances every few weeks - for the best part of 3 years now.

Is he a noticeably better player than he was when he made his debut? Nope. Would he have learned anything playing with our U20s last year when he was evidently too good? Nope.

A loan spell would've been absolutely ideal for him.

My point was though that we loan players out and then free them...perhaps not loaning mccallum out meant that he potentially was in the managers plans regardless of  whether  he had improved or not.I do think that he has improved with age and with the coaching he has received  in the last couple of years. I really hope he gets a chance in the first team this time around.I reckon he deserves it.IMHO.

Edited by lorenzo71

We've got 15k in prize money from our Betfred Cup run according to Colin Paterson in the Daily Record.

That's not a bad wee amount considering how horrendous we were - I'm guessing it would be more than the usual first round exit too.

Anybody fancy volunteering to pick a man of the match at one of the games this season?

Only requirement is that you're a Sonstrust member (since the Trust sponsor the prize) and that you can stay after the game for around half an hour.

Details as per the Trust website.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

Very disappointed about the lack of signings...and given this game tonight was supposed to be about giving them a run out,it makes me wonder if we have been unsuccessful so far in luring our targets.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

Frazer.JPG

As everyone knows I love a starting XI on here, so I can't possibly miss an opportunity to post one for tonight:

Jamie Barclay

Craig Pettigrew Nae idea Gregor Buchanan Mark Docherty

Amadou Kassarate Ryan Clark Grant Gallagher Andy Stirling

Josh Todd Donald McCallum

I don't really want to risk any first team players, but unfortunately it looks like we'll have to. Hopefully a few trialists will feature, and possibly some U17s but who knows. Maybe we'll still get some signing news between now and kick off

*Distant sound of straws being clutched*

51 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Congrats your jokes are as old as the man below.Jeez youre a real one trick pony.Furthermore you pick on me when there are others on here who have expressed similar worries to mine perhaps more emphatically.Looks like i touched a nerve in Larbert.BTW how are your beloved warriors doing????

Frazer.JPG

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

As everyone knows I love a starting XI on here, so I can't possibly miss an opportunity to post one for tonight:

Jamie Barclay

Craig Pettigrew Nae idea Gregor Buchanan Mark Docherty

Amadou Kassarate Ryan Clark Grant Gallagher Andy Stirling

Josh Todd Donald McCallum

I don't really want to risk any first team players, but unfortunately it looks like we'll have to. Hopefully a few trialists will feature, and possibly some U17s but who knows. Maybe we'll still get some signing news between now and kick off

*Distant sound of straws being clutched*

Absolutely no chance they'll all be involved. Barclay, Clark, Kass and McCallum will all be definite starters. Darren Barr might get some game time too, along with Gallagher. I expect the rest to be U17s and trialists.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely no chance they'll all be involved. Barclay, Clark, Kass and McCallum will all be definite starters. Darren Barr might get some game time too, along with Gallagher. I expect the rest to be U17s and trialists.

Aye, I suspected that, but it's danged difficult to do a perfectly formatted starting Xi with players you don't know exist :lol:

Would be good if Barr was back fit, that'd be an unexpected bonus