Sons' sorrow

What I don't really get is how Brabco hope to make money on the housebuilding side of things.They arn't going to build the houses themselves so they will have to sell the land to the housebuilder. They don't own the land at the moment so if a housebuilder wanted to build there why would they not just buy the land themselves ? 

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

What I don't really get is how Brabco hope to make money on the housebuilding side of things.They arn't going to build the houses themselves so they will have to sell the land to the housebuilder. They don't own the land at the moment so if a housebuilder wanted to build there why would they not just buy the land themselves ? 

One of a host of conundrums surrounding this whole idea.  But the modus operandi is beginning to emerge; having been rebuffed on the retail and leisure concept Brabco is now pursuing a sweetheart deal in which housing permission at Dalmoak is sought as a quid pro quo for freeing up the current site for the 'charrette' related stuff at the Rock.  If only it were that easy Mr Brabco.

One of a host of conundrums surrounding this whole idea.  But the modus operandi is beginning to emerge; having been rebuffed on the retail and leisure concept Brabco is now pursuing a sweetheart deal in which housing permission at Dalmoak is sought as a quid pro quo for freeing up the current site for the 'charrette' related stuff at the Rock.  If only it were that easy Mr Brabco.

I can understand that giving up the Rick might help persuade the council to grant permission for houses at renton road. Although our council will generally grant permission for houses anywhere. But once permission is granted its not personal to the applicant. So a house builder would still be able to step in and buy the land themselves

5 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Is that not the same guy they sent along last time? Poor guy obviously knew about planning regulations and the like, but absolutely nothing about the club nor Brabco. 

It just makes me even more suspicious that, instead of simply turning up themselves, Brabco seem intent on employing people to speak on their behalf so they can appear like DFC's answer to the Stig. If they want to move our club, then they have to sell it to us - not get outsiders to do it.

If only someone with a weekly column in the Lennox was a regular outspoken critic of the stadium on here. That would redress the balance.

:ph34r:

Hide contents

In all seriousness though if anyone has anything (publishable) they'd like me to mention in it this week re the stadium situation stick it on here or PM me. Every newspaper will want to know what the actual fans who buy their paper think about such a potentially massive move. I'll no doubt *borrow* inspiration from a few of the posts already up about it either way.

OK, So8, a simple question - I'm interested to know if a firm, legally binding agreement is currently in place to enable purchase of the land at Youngs Farm, in part or in total, from Chivas Brothers by Brabco or their agents ?

I'd be interested to find out what the chances are of planning consent for housing being granted at the Dalmoak site. I'd be very interested to know if Brabco have a contingency plan in place should consent not be granted and what that plan is.

Copyright : Jack Steedman

8 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Copyright : Jack Steedman

On that note; is there anyone on here who has access to a copy of the club's accounts? If so, can they confirm if the stadium and ground are listed as assets of the club and haven't been magically transferred elsewhere?

On that note; is there anyone on here who has access to a copy of the club's accounts? If so, can they confirm if the stadium and ground are listed as assets of the club and haven't been magically transferred elsewhere?

I think you'll find that the stadium and land are still club assets. As a Ltd company the club's accounts are available from various sources, although there hasn't been an AGM for several years. Of course the company Brabco owns the majority shareholding in DFC. Therefore
there is no need to magically transfer them. Brabco owns the club and therefore the assets.

20 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I think you'll find that the stadium and land are still club assets. As a Ltd company the club's accounts are available from various sources, although there hasn't been an AGM for several years. Of course the company Brabco owns the majority shareholding in DFC. Therefore
there is no need to magically transfer them. Brabco owns the club and therefore the assets.

Thanks for confirming Wilf. Just thought I'd ask.

Just to let everyone on this board know that there will be further comment on the stadium development from the Sonstrust, on our website and social media, later in the weekend.

We have pressed for a statement on the club website. One is now due on Monday. 

We have also pressed that the new plans be displayed on Saturday 12th November (as well as all day up to 7pm on Friday 11th), so that fans attending the Morton game can see them and respond to them. That will now happen. 

We will organise a further public meeting ourselves following the consultation (probably in association with the trust AGM), as we did last time. That resulted in various assurances (no interim ground share, no liability to the club etc.) that we will continue to hold to, as well as changes to the previous proposals in direct response to concerns from fans.

It might additionally help to establish an FAQ on the issues that have been raised here and elsewhere (the ownership and provenance of the Golden Share, etc). Again, we've done that in the past, and will do so again. 

The Sonstrust is also organising a recruitment drive at the game today, and Trust board members will be around to talk to fans. **If you're not a member, please DO sign up. It's only a tenner, and the stronger we are the louder and more effective our voice is. This is very important.**

I'm continuing to engage directly with the developers and others concerned with this development, and to monitor all developments very closely on behalf of the trust.  We have solid professional support and advice on this. 

I'm away on a work assignment at the moment, so won't be at today's game unfortunately. But if you want to be in touch,  please do message me here.

Cheers, Simon 

Edited by TheFarPost
Additions and taking out email address

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Mark Wilson has been appointed the new head coach of Airdrie :lol:

I'd be careful of judging before a ball is kicked - you just never know! 

The Gary Locke appointment was roundly laughed off this site in early summer, now Raith seem to bobbing along reasonably well. Equally, Jim Duffy continues to confound the critics down Greenock way who yearn for their own team to implode just to be proven right.

Stadium statement on the os

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2730

Where to start...oh aye, here. That's potentially a big blow for Brabco and, given the proximity to LomondGate and Loch Lomond Shores itself I'm not surprised there has been no commercial commitments. 

Ian commented: "The value of Castle Road for residential use is significantly below expectations, and after two years of trying to attract companies to Young's Farm no commitments for commercial use have been secured.

Oh aye and here

"We have also discussed with the council providing a parcel of land at Young's Farm for a Robert the Bruce Park, who apparently resided there as his fame grew."

So that's now retail park, stadium, pitches, hotel, restaurant, offices, conference space, 200 houses and a Robert the Bruce themed park. They are just making this up as they go along, aren't they? Just scribble out one idea and start again; I'd like an open air swimming pool, an 18 hole crazy golf course and a Jim Lister themed petting zoo.

Good to see the plans will be displayed on the match day against Morton - and hopefully we'll see some Brabco folk there to answer the questions. I'll be very interested to know if there's anything going on between the owners and the Council concerning this walkway they seem to be desperate to build...surely they could build that with the stadium still in place, no?

The walkway thing concerns me. I really hope it can't be used as some sort of bargaining tool to gain planning permission for these nonsense proposals at Youngs Farm. The council clearly want that land -1 football stadium.

Good to see the club actually release something on this. I truly hope anyone who thought this was a good idea previously is now seriously questioning it. Even with the press being arse licked into painting it as the BEST IDEA EVA1! I feel Brabco are having a shocker here. They are coming across as incredibly desperate.

On 28/10/2016 at 20:25, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Here's some reading for you.....

Click here

and here

On 28/10/2016 at 20:25, C'mon_the_Sons said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC009005/filing-history/MzE0MjE5MzMyMWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Published accounts are on the link above though they are minimum disclosure stuff and any shareholders will have more detailed versions. The stadium is definitely within that though since there's a note about the Scottish Sports Council having a security over it.

59 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

So that's now retail park, stadium, pitches, hotel, restaurant, offices, conference space, 200 houses and a Robert the Bruce themed park. They are just making this up as they go along, aren't they? Just scribble out one idea and start again; I'd like an open air swimming pool, an 18 hole crazy golf course and a Jim Lister themed petting zoo.

There's so many sweeteners being thrown the council's way here, that suggests to me that we absolutely, 100% need this residential consent at Young's Farm or this project dies on its arse. Not only are we suggesting to them that we'll free up our land for their fancy new walkway, but they can even have some of our new land to fire up some tourist information desk (land that nobody seems to know if we own/have a deal in place to own). Which leads us quite nicely to BBPF point below...

46 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I feel Brabco are having a shocker here. They are coming across as incredibly desperate.

As above, I truly think they are that desperate. If commercial uses aren't going to raise the capital required to fund the move and residential housing is rejected by the council - what income streams are left for Brabco to fund this move? They either pay out of their own pocket or they borrow. Now, given that they haven't even paid off Neil Rankine the £200K he's owed for buying the club, I think we can safely assume they don't have very deep pockets to reach into. Also given that they haven't paid that debt (which could be called in at any time Neil Rankine fancies by the sounds of it), are they really going to take on more debt and risk being further out of pocket? Not a chance in hell.

There was a statement from the Trust yesterday as well, which has a slightly more worrying tone to it than the clubs release. It looks like we've had to push them to keep the plans up for a match day and we're pushing them for another meeting like the one in the Abbotsford previously.  So really, our owners only wanted the plans available for viewing on a Friday (hardly good for the regular punter) and they have no plans to discuss the move again with fans in an open meeting. I know our owners have hardly been transparent, but it's clear our input isn't desired or required in this process from their point of view. Makes it all the more important that we don't stop questioning. I'll be interested to know who will be available for questioning on the 11th/12th, I suspect at the very best we'll get this Ian Wilson character and they'll probably use Roddy as a human shield again.