Sons' sorrow

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Poor Roddy, the human planning consultant shield. I remember asking him a few questions down at tge Rock previously and feeling quite sorry for him, he's simply a planning guy.

I'll be disappointed if he's left answering the questions again. It's not Roddy I want to speak to.

Aye, I felt for him. He was there to answer questions on the actual plans themselves, rather than answering questions on how we're going to fund it or deliver it (which rightly was the concern of many fans). Entirely unfair situation for the guy and if I was him I'd be demanding that someone else is there along with him to answer these types of questions at any future consultation.

4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Stadium statement on the os

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2730

Where to start...oh aye, here. That's potentially a big blow for Brabco and, given the proximity to LomondGate and Loch Lomond Shores itself I'm not surprised there has been no commercial commitments. 

Oh aye and here

So that's now retail park, stadium, pitches, hotel, restaurant, offices, conference space, 200 houses and a Robert the Bruce themed park. They are just making this up as they go along, aren't they? Just scribble out one idea and start again; I'd like an open air swimming pool, an 18 hole crazy golf course and a Jim Lister themed petting zoo.

Good to see the plans will be displayed on the match day against Morton - and hopefully we'll see some Brabco folk there to answer the questions. I'll be very interested to know if there's anything going on between the owners and the Council concerning this walkway they seem to be desperate to build...surely they could build that with the stadium still in place, no?

You could get these guys to sponsor it.....

http://www.lister-petter.co.uk/#&panel1-2

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You could get these guys to sponsor it.....

http://www.lister-petter.co.uk/#&panel1-2

That's ideal, hopefully Brabco are paying attention to this thread. Full of good ideas.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Poor Roddy, the human planning consultant shield. I remember asking him a few questions down at tge Rock previously and feeling quite sorry for him, he's simply a planning guy.

I'll be disappointed if he's left answering the questions again. It's not Roddy I want to speak to.

Though Roddy's remit (for the developers, not the club, as misreported in the Lennox) is planning matters, he acknowledges that issues about the credibility, financing and deliverability of the proposals are crucial.  He therefore recognises that the concerns raised by supporters through the Sonstrust are important and legitimate and he's told me that there will be a response on these. I agree that he's in a tricky situation, but he's behaved very professionally, he's been helpful to us as one of the interested parties, and he deals straight. He deserves credit for that. But as you say, some of the key information that's needed can only come from the developers. Ian Wilson, who is taking the lead for Brabco and who is a club director, will be there on 11th and 12th November. 

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

[...] Even with the press being arse licked into painting it as the BEST IDEA EVA1 [...] 

It's worth noting that the Herald led their front page with 'Sons fans' concern over revamped stadium plan', and continued on page 9 with 'Sons fans call for assurances' and 'Trust wants finance pledge'. The Reporter had 'Supporters urged to 'heavily scrutinise" proposals' at the top of their front page story.

On a related matter, thanks to all who took leaflets, made comments and asked questions of Trust board members in the Community Suite at the Dunfermline game. In addition to the pre-planning consultation, we will continue to make sure that the views of supporters are heard over the stadium development proposals and the future of the club. (As I've said before, feel free to be in touch with me via messages here).

The Sonstrust is one of the largest in Scotland, measured in terms of membership as a proportion of eligible regular attenders and season ticket holders. But we need to grow further. The stronger we are, the louder and more effective our voice can be. So please join (or re-join) if you haven't done so yet this season, and please get friends and family to do likewise: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/join-here/

There will be full discussion of the stadium, and some other significant announcements, at our AGM next month, after the public consultation. The date will be confirmed shortly. 

Simon

Whats the balance owed to folk, out of curiosity?

Brabco owe rankine £200k, returnable on the sale of the site i think, but how how much did brabco put in to buy the club?

Who else is owed money and could benefit from moving stadium?

Published accounts are on the link above though they are minimum disclosure stuff and any shareholders will have more detailed versions. The stadium is definitely within that though since there's a note about the Scottish Sports Council having a security over it.

The Scottish Sports Council have a security but not over the entire value of the stadium, only to the extent of what they are owed. Shareholders don't get a more detailed version. I've been a shareholder for thirty years and have not seen a DFC balance sheet, or profit and loss account for about twenty of those. Without these, any accounts are virtually meaningless.

4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Incase its not open information.. Brabco736 directors are Callum Hosie and Christopher Andrew Stainton and they are 100% owned by Granada Enterprises Ltd. The nearest Granada Enterprises I can see is registered on the Isle of Man.  As far as I am aware, Callum Hosie has been a long time supporter. Is it possible that Brabco 736 have the best interests of the club at heart?

36 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The Scottish Sports Council have a security but not over the entire value of the stadium, only to the extent of what they are owed. Shareholders don't get a more detailed version. I've been a shareholder for thirty years and have not seen a DFC balance sheet, or profit and loss account for about twenty of those. Without these, any accounts are virtually meaningless.

Well obviously its not over the full value. However the fact a security is disclosed at all confirms that title remains in the club (though given the asset level that was pretty obvious anyway). There is a balance sheet on the link I provided (though no p&l obviously).

Well obviously its not over the full value. However the fact a security is disclosed at all confirms that title remains in the club (though given the asset level that was pretty obvious anyway). There is a balance sheet on the link I provided (though no p&l obviously).

It's not obvious to some here SD.

Sorry, yes we've had a balance sheet but no profit and loss. For the uninitiated that is details of the club's income and expenditure.

9 hours ago, boagheidboab said:

Incase its not open information.. Brabco736 directors are Callum Hosie and Christopher Andrew Stainton and they are 100% owned by Granada Enterprises Ltd. The nearest Granada Enterprises I can see is registered on the Isle of Man.  As far as I am aware, Callum Hosie has been a long time supporter. Is it possible that Brabco 736 have the best interests of the club at heart?

Perhaps they do, but in that case I'd have expected Hosie (as a Sons fan) to have A) Communicated with the Sonstrust on the move prior to the statement last week and B) To have been very open about his identity and plans with the fans. The fact that he's done neither concerns me. 

Perhaps they do, but in that case I'd have expected Hosie (as a Sons fan) to have A) Communicated with the Sonstrust on the move prior to the statement last week and B) To have been very open about his identity and plans with the fans. The fact that he's done neither concerns me. 

Exactly.

The guy has done nothing to convince or re-assure us that he has the clubs best interests at heart.

The fact we are having to scramble around on google trying to find out who he is would suggest otherwise.