Sons' sorrow

Just now, The Moonster said:

It would be a strange dig, the thread is in the Junior forum and the guy has said his source is very good. I'm hearing it's a pile of shite but we'll see.

If Troon do have one thing going for them (besides paying decent money by all accounts) it's their pitch. I go past it on the train most mornings and it makes me utterly desperate to start zinging a ball about. It's glorious. Can fully understand the attraction of playing there.

I suspect it's not true, wouldn't surprise me if it happened in the summer, but not in January. 

It is plausible in the sense that Stevenson will not be happy at three minute cameo sub appearances, but on what I've seen thus far that's all he's justifying.  And if were a cash-strapped DFC Board member I too wouldn't be happy either as on his deal that sort of hourly rate probably takes him into Justin Bieber territory :o

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

8 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Anyway, anyone in/know anybody in the Community Council? Would be interested to hear how the plans are received at their meeting.

FYI, I spoke with both Community Councils (Silverton & Overton, and Dumbarton East & Central) on behalf of the Sonstrust during the last pre-planning notice period, and will do so again this time. I'm also in direct conversation with the developers and the planning consultant. There will be a full report on what the Trust has been doing (as well as a chance to comment on and shape our response) at the AGM, which will be announced shortly. 

Simon

26 minutes ago, TheFarPost said:

FYI, I spoke with both Community Councils (Silverton & Overton, and Dumbarton East & Central) on behalf of the Sonstrust during the last pre-planning notice period, and will do so again this time. I'm also in direct conversation with the developers and the planning consultant. There will be a full report on what the Trust has been doing (as well as a chance to comment on and shape our response) at the AGM, which will be announced shortly. 

Simon

Great stuff Simon, nobody can accuse the trust of not communicating with the fans!

Anyway, "Premier League" St Mirren are being utterly gubbed by Morton at the moment

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1gqxvRRzREQxB

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

If Troon do have one thing going for them (besides paying decent money by all accounts) it's their pitch. I go past it on the train most mornings and it makes me utterly desperate to start zinging a ball about. It's glorious. Can fully understand the attraction of playing there.

I suspect it's not true, wouldn't surprise me if it happened in the summer, but not in January. 

Didn't Pele (not our one) and Brazil train there in 1966?

I see Marc McLean reports in the Record about a £40m investment in the north west of the town.

Boost for Dumbarton as Chivas announces £40m Kilmalid expansion

Scottish Daily Record - 4 h ago

Chivas Brothers has announced it will invest £40million in its Kilmalid bottling plant in a huge expansion of the Dumbarton site.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/huge-boost-dumbarton-chivas-announces-9181081

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I see Marc McLean reports in the Record about a £40m investment in the north west of the town.

Boost for Dumbarton as Chivas announces £40m Kilmalid expansion

Scottish Daily Record - 4 h ago

Chivas Brothers has announced it will invest £40million in its Kilmalid bottling plant in a huge expansion of the Dumbarton site.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/huge-boost-dumbarton-chivas-announces-9181081

Cool.  These additional workers are going to need 200 houses, a homoeopathic surgery, The Duffle Coat Museum and an artisan bakery for sure.

I don't think anyone was excited, we expected an overweight, lazy player who didn't bring much. He's been better than I expected but he still doesn't show enough for me and at times can look uninterested. The only time he's looked fired up was at home to Dundee United which we won and when he came on against Raith away when we nearly snatched a point from 3-0 down. Needs to show that on a weekly basis though because Garry Fleming now looks to be back to his old bullish self and there's no way Stevo is keeping him out the team.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think anyone was excited, we expected an overweight, lazy player who didn't bring much. He's been better than I expected but he still doesn't show enough for me and at times can look uninterested. The only time he's looked fired up was at home to Dundee United which we won and when he came on against Raith away when we nearly snatched a point from 3-0 down. Needs to show that on a weekly basis though because Garry Fleming now looks to be back to his old bullish self and there's no way Stevo is keeping him out the team.

At the moment Stevenson is a luxury player, and one that we can't afford in any sense.

Big fan of this from Joe Thomson

But to him, the operative word in that last paragraph is 'draw'. Despite a dominant first half performance, it wasn't a victory.

Joe said: "It's definitely a must-win game. We can't just go there and be beaten. We are a point further clear of them after last week and we have to look to extend that."

On Stevo, he's not been anywhere near as bad as I feared he might be, but as OKI says he is a luxury player - and that's something we can't justify at the moment. With Garry Fleming back in the team in his place we look an awful lot better so, barring an injury to Gaz, I can't see where he'd fit in.

I worried when we signed stevo, I don't think he's done nearly enough to justify what I'm sure is a very handsome wage. I'd be happy to punt him in January (ala willie gibson) and invest in someone else (ala Christian Nade) although the way things are going, in January we could be a long way adrift!

By January I reckon there's going to be an "any 2 from 3 scenario" with us, St Murn and Dunfermline. 

Maybe Ayr too for a 4-way tussle, but I feel that's unlikely.

By January I think it's going to be an any 1 from 2 (us and st Mirren) but with their resources they will probably sign some quality to keep them safe and they will battle it out with Dunfermline and Ayr for the play off spot! I hope I'm wrong! And I wish I wasn't this pessimistic but I can't help but worry about us this year!

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

I worried when we signed stevo, I don't think he's done nearly enough to justify what I'm sure is a very handsome wage. I'd be happy to punt him in January (ala willie gibson) and invest in someone else (ala Christian Nade) although the way things are going, in January we could be a long way adrift!

I imagine, if you speak very nicely to Brian Reid, you could have Nade back...

13 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Reckon this is stevies last chance today, if it isn't, then it should be.

3 points required.

We need money to sack him. I'm not convinced we have that. All we can do is support them the best we can and hope they turn it around. Absolutely 3 points required though.