Sons' sorrow

25 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

It was slightly tongue in cheek however why not? IIRC when they played us it was 2 u-19s that were away on international duty and those 2 weren't even going to get a sniff at the 1st team anyway. There may have been 1 full international away also but I'm sure SO8 will delve into his vast archives and correct me if I'm wrong. Our 2 players that have been called up are 1st team players at least and will massively affect our squad.

I took it as read it was tongue in cheek but if you were serious the rules are black and white on this. Three first team squad members called up then you can request a postponement. Less than three you cant.

11 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Advanced Season Ticket offer sold out.

Excellent news. Hopefully the money from mine goes straight into the 'Alan Martin's Contract for Next Season' jar.

Great offer by the club to be fair, so kudos to whoever was behind it, and great to see so many fans signing up early. 100 season ticket holders five month before the start of the new season 8) Massive Club

Might be a good idea to put another 100 tickets up for sale as money raised would be of more value in keeping us up rather than taking it in during the summer when we could have been relegated. If we go down money taken from away fans in a lower league would be minuscule compared to being a championship club.

4 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Might be a good idea to put another 100 tickets up for sale as money raised would be of more value in keeping us up rather than taking it in during the summer when we could have been relegated. If we go down money taken from away fans in a lower league would be minuscule compared to being a championship club.

How will money taken in now help keep us up?

4 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Money raised could be used as an incentive bonus to stay up . I am sure the lads will try hard but like all human beings they could be incentivised by extra rewards.

You don't think that sort of bonus is already written into their contract?

Lots to ponder and work on for Stevie, Ian and the rest of the lads tonight and before our next game.

As if a hammering away at a relegation rival wasn't bad enough, but we have players fighting with each other on the pitch, enforcing one to be subbed due to an injury sustained during a headbutt. Real embarrassing and shambolic stuff.

Lots to ponder and work on for Stevie, Ian and the rest of the lads tonight and before our next game.

As if a hammering away at a relegation rival wasn't bad enough, but we have players fighting with each other on the pitch, enforcing one to be subbed due to an injury sustained during a headbutt. Real embarrassing and shambolic stuff.

Aye, it's clearly being widely reported as well, receiving all sorts of texts from family and friends asking what happened.

Disgracing the name of our glorious club IMO.

Aye, it's clearly being widely reported as well, receiving all sorts of texts from family and friends asking what happened.

Ditto. It's obviously not something that's gone unnoticed and it's a sheer embarrassment for the club, not to mention the players.

All jests aside, it is. We are a glorious club. We've been the top part-time side in the country for a number years now, and we've had some great highs over the last couple of years, but this is a tremendous low. One that does tar the name of the club a bit, certainly in the short term.

33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This the carswell incident?  What actually happened? Heard on sportscene that he clashed with a team mate and walked off.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

This the carswell incident?  What actually happened? Heard on sportscene that he clashed with a team mate and walked off.

Sparky had a go at Carswell after the goal, there was a bit of handbags (pushing, the usual), Sparky then stuck the nut on Carswell's (already broken) nose. There was some blood, Carswell walked off, sat down on the bench and then was subbed.

Thank f**k I have today a miss.

Genuinely worried for us the now and hope that the Ayr 2-2 game wasn't the start of a decline.

Docherty - one of my favourites but can't defend that even if carswell did give him a wee shove. A club/manager that took no shite would have him out the door by Monday and to be honest that would probably be the correct decision.

We have been playing well recently without picking up wins and today was the first pumping we have had in ages.

Next week is fucking massive now.

57 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Sparky had a go at Carswell after the goal, there was a bit of handbags (pushing, the usual), Sparky then stuck the nut on Carswell's (already broken) nose. There was some blood, Carswell walked off, sat down on the bench and then was subbed.

Handbags between team mates is fair enough and not unusual but if he's intentionally went to catch his already broken nose then that's out of order. Imagine one of them will be leaving the club? Either carswell leaves or Docherty is sacked.