Sons' sorrow

Jeez right here goes. The club has limited income revenue. Match admission, sponsorship and match hospitailty are the main income streams.

They have tried various lottery things that haven't really yielded much to date as far I am aware. Interestingly the original Sons lotto probably did but for reasons that I'll not go into it became defunct.

I was thinking that perhaps a managers fund may be a way to bridge the gap and was trying gauge interest on here amongst the regular posters.

Now this was my idea that was prompted by the current cut price season ticket sale.

At no time did I suggest anyone not interested in contributing was not a fan. I fully understand many fans will not have the means to contribute to a fund.

For those of you who have picked holes in the idea fair enough that's your opinion.

I will however try to pursue this as I still think there's an untapped decent amount of fans who could afford a bit extra and given a wee steer perhaps this could be a goer to try and help improve income streams.

An extra say £5- £10k per year towards a wage bill is better than sod all. Especially if there is minimal administration involved.

I appreciate that there are other improvements the club could make which could also yield some extra money. E.g the all ticket game issues that have been discussed widely on here. Add to that the distrust that exists where the new stadium proposals are concerned.

Anyway I have a spare £45 that I wish to start the fund off with.

FWIW I wasn't trying to pick holes in it, simply pointing out an alternative way of looking at it.

I think the money would be better utilised going through the trust to buy shares and safeguard the future of the club but that's simply my view on it. I'm not against folk doing it at all, and fair play to you if you want to go for it.

Jeez right here goes. The club has limited income revenue. Match admission, sponsorship and match hospitailty are the main income streams.

They have tried various lottery things that haven't really yielded much to date as far I am aware. Interestingly the original Sons lotto probably did but for reasons that I'll not go into it became defunct.

I was thinking that perhaps a managers fund may be a way to bridge the gap and was trying gauge interest on here amongst the regular posters.

Now this was my idea that was prompted by the current cut price season ticket sale.

At no time did I suggest anyone not interested in contributing was not a fan. I fully understand many fans will not have the means to contribute to a fund.

For those of you who have picked holes in the idea fair enough that's your opinion.

I will however try to pursue this as I still think there's an untapped decent amount of fans who could afford a bit extra and given a wee steer perhaps this could be a goer to try and help improve income streams.

An extra say £5- £10k per year towards a wage bill is better than sod all. Especially if there is minimal administration involved.

I appreciate that there are other improvements the club could make which could also yield some extra money. E.g the all ticket game issues that have been discussed widely on here. Add to that the distrust that exists where the new stadium proposals are concerned.

Anyway I have a spare £45 that I wish to start the fund off with.

How can you be sure the £45 you start the fund off with and any further donations do not go to like the pockets of our fat cat faceless directors instead of said managers fund?

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

How can you be sure the £45 you start the fund off with and any further donations do not go to like the pockets of our fat cat faceless directors instead of said managers fund?

Brabco and our Chairman have confirmed previously that they don't put anything into the club and they don't take anything out. I'd imagine if they were to dip into club funds then we'd hear about it pretty quickly through the Trust.

9 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

None of our directors are faceless, it's the owners who are faceless.

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Looks like it will be a proper relegation scrap this season, at least there is going to be 5 teams involved

Looking at the league table QoS look to be the only club now marking time towards the end of the season, with everyone else involved in something or other.  At our end, St Mirren now have real momentum, Raith have been in freefall and whilst Ayr look utter dross they are still hanging in there.

Even allowing for Hibs erratic form, I saw enough on Saturday evening to suggest that anything other than defeat for us at Dunfermline this week will be a real bonus.  A win would be wonderful. 

45 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Has the St Mirren relegation express hit the buffers ? Their recent found form is a worry now.

I said it on Twitter, and I'll say it here (so you can all quote me on it and make wee lottery jokes come May)

St Mirren will stay up. They have some really decent players in that squad, a good manager and (now above all else) belief. With a bit of luck that'll be in the playoffs with Raith/Ayr finishing 10th - but it's getting so tight it could be any of us.

What I would say is this though. We're currently (I think I'm right in saying) all pretty pleased with the way we're playing, we're happy with the players, we're happy with the style of football and we're feeling relatively confident and we're picking up points. Ayr and (especially) Raith are not. Ayr picked up three points on Tuesday, which was a blow, but seemed fortunate. Raith are fast becoming a basket case, and negativity breeds negativity on and off the pitch.

If we can get three wins between now and May we'll stay up imo.

11 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Looking at the league table QoS look to be the only club now marking time towards the end of the season, with everyone else involved in something or other.  At our end, St Mirren now have real momentum, Raith have been in freefall and whilst Ayr look utter dross they are still hanging in there.

We may yet end up marking time but we're nowhere near that yet. We're 8 points behind 3rd place Falkirk with a game in hand and two head to heads to come, the first of which is Saturday at Palmerston. If you want to be negative about it we're also only 9 points ahead of 9th placed Ayr. Everyone else can write us off if they wish. we haven't.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We may yet end up marking time but we're nowhere near that yet. We're 8 points behind 3rd place Falkirk with a game in hand and two head to heads to come, the first of which is Saturday at Palmerston. If you want to be negative about it we're also only 9 points ahead of 9th placed Ayr. Everyone else can write us off if they wish. we haven't.

The chances of all clubs below Queens catching them are almost nil. There's no way St Mirren, Ayr, the two Fife teams and Dumbarton will all catch you. Enjoy the chase for a play off position. 

Edited by stu20vt

11 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

OS has news Harvie and mccrorie in Scotland 19s squad so will miss the Ayr game on 25th March .

after last Tuesday is there a conspiracy to save Ayr??

That's a blow. Sparky looked really poor at left-back against Bonnyrigg as well.

Of all the games to miss it had to be that one. My hatred of international football has just gone up another notch.

Can we not do a Rangers and request a postponement?

I presume your comment was largely tongue-in-cheek, but taking your suggestion seriously, could we not?

Rangers only had IIRC two or three first team players on international duty when they got their postponement, arguably we're in a worse position with the international call-ups than they were then. Just a thought.

I presume your comment was largely tongue-in-cheek, but taking your suggestion seriously, could we not?

Rangers only had IIRC two or three first team players on international duty when they got their postponement, arguably we're in a worse position with the international call-ups than they were then. Just a thought.

It was slightly tongue in cheek however why not? IIRC when they played us it was 2 u-19s that were away on international duty and those 2 weren't even going to get a sniff at the 1st team anyway. There may have been 1 full international away also but I'm sure SO8 will delve into his vast archives and correct me if I'm wrong. Our 2 players that have been called up are 1st team players at least and will massively affect our squad.

It was slightly tongue in cheek however why not? IIRC when they played us it was 2 u-19s that were away on international duty and those 2 weren't even going to get a sniff at the 1st team anyway. There may have been 1 full international away also but I'm sure SO8 will delve into his vast archives and correct me if I'm wrong. Our 2 players that have been called up are 1st team players at least and will massively affect our squad.

Exactly.

So if it was valid then, surely it is for us in this situation. Unless it's one rule for one and another for the rest? In Scottish football? Surely not!